Global Nanopore Sequencing Patent Landscape Market: Overview
Although nanopore sequencing technology is fairly new in the healthcare industry, the need for long-read technology offering accurate results has prompted players to invest in this technology. The paradigms of nanopore sequencing expand beyond healthcare as it is actively used in the fields of food and water surveillance, education, and agriculture. The evolution of biosciences and strides towards the development of economical and user-friendly genome sequencers has encouraged TMR analysts to conduct thorough research on the global nanopore sequencing patent landscape market.
In its recent offering, Transparency Market Research sheds light on how the changes in consumer needs and advancements in the life sciences industry have impacted strategies deployed by the market players. The report also covers the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenged in the nanopore sequencing patent landscape market.
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Nanopore Sequencing Patent Landscape Market, Request a Brochure here
Global Nanopore Sequencing Patent Landscape Market: Notable Developments and Competitive Analysis
The fact that the genome sequencing industry is dominated by short-read technology opens lucrative opportunities for the penetration of long-read technology. Banking on this aspect of the market, key players are innovating their solutions by developing products that are compact and easy to use. Some of the new developments in the global nanopore sequencing patent landscape market are mentioned below:
- In November 2018, Illumina announced the acquisition of Pacific Biosciences. This acquisition meant the combination of platforms for short-read and long-technologies. This move will help Illumina to bring to forth the best of both the technologies by providing integrated workflows. This will further help it grab the attention of researchers looking for detailed genomic information.
- In July 2019, Oxford Nanopore Technologies introduced GridION Mk1, a device which is suitable for varied biological applications. For instance, it can be used to perform PCR-free analysis of cancer-related genes and in labs performing cross-application projects on nanopore sequencing.
- In May 2018, Agilent Technologies Inc. completed the acquisition of Lasergen, a leading biosciences company focused on DNA sequencing. This acquisition allowed Agilent to develop next generation sequencing workflow based on Lasergen's lightning terminators chemistry, thus strengthening its consumer base.
Leading enterprises in the nanopore sequencing patent landscape market comprise 10x Genomics, Becton Dickinson, Illumina, Oxford Nanopore Technologies, Nugen Technologies, and others.
Global Nanopore Sequencing Patent Landscape Market: Key Drivers
Need for Economical Genome Sequencers
High consumer demand for personalized medical treatment has necessitated the development of economical genetic testing methods. Nanopore sequencing allows the preparation of inexpensive samples and has a minimal requirement of enzyme-dependent amplification. As a result, the cost of nanopore sequencing is very less as compared to other sequencing methods. This technology has not only revolutionized the DNA sequencing market but rendered other genome sequencing technologies obsolete.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Accuracy in Structural Variation Analysis
Structural variants are associated with many rare and ultra-rare diseases. Early detection of these structural variants can help effective patient and disease management. Unlike short-read sequencing, nanopore sequencing offers an accurate analysis and detection of structural variants and tumor-associated alterations. This has proven to be highly beneficial in the treatment of cognitive disabilities and deadly diseases such as cancer.
Global Nanopore Sequencing Patent Landscape Market: Regional Analysis
The European market is expected to be lucrative for the global nanopore sequencing patent landscape market due to the presence of well-ranked companies and efficient reimbursement policies. Moreover, numerous American companies have a strong presence in Europe, thus strengthening its position in the global nanopore sequencing patent landscape market. North America is not too far in the race due to development in the innovation ecology and the presence of leading enterprises in the U.S. Rising use of nanopore sequencing in the diagnosis of cancer has further supported the market’s growth in North America.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.