Global Nanopore Sequencing Patent Landscape Market: Overview
Although nanopore sequencing technology is fairly new in the healthcare industry, the need for long-read technology offering accurate results has prompted players to invest in this technology. The paradigms of nanopore sequencing expand beyond healthcare as it is actively used in the fields of food and water surveillance, education, and agriculture. The evolution of biosciences and strides towards the development of economical and user-friendly genome sequencers has encouraged TMR analysts to conduct thorough research on the global nanopore sequencing patent landscape market.
In its recent offering, Transparency Market Research sheds light on how the changes in consumer needs and advancements in the life sciences industry have impacted strategies deployed by the market players. The report also covers the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenged in the nanopore sequencing patent landscape market.
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Nanopore Sequencing Patent Landscape Market, Request a Brochure here
Global Nanopore Sequencing Patent Landscape Market: Notable Developments and Competitive Analysis
The fact that the genome sequencing industry is dominated by short-read technology opens lucrative opportunities for the penetration of long-read technology. Banking on this aspect of the market, key players are innovating their solutions by developing products that are compact and easy to use. Some of the new developments in the global nanopore sequencing patent landscape market are mentioned below:
- In November 2018, Illumina announced the acquisition of Pacific Biosciences. This acquisition meant the combination of platforms for short-read and long-technologies. This move will help Illumina to bring to forth the best of both the technologies by providing integrated workflows. This will further help it grab the attention of researchers looking for detailed genomic information.
- In July 2019, Oxford Nanopore Technologies introduced GridION Mk1, a device which is suitable for varied biological applications. For instance, it can be used to perform PCR-free analysis of cancer-related genes and in labs performing cross-application projects on nanopore sequencing.
- In May 2018, Agilent Technologies Inc. completed the acquisition of Lasergen, a leading biosciences company focused on DNA sequencing. This acquisition allowed Agilent to develop next generation sequencing workflow based on Lasergen's lightning terminators chemistry, thus strengthening its consumer base.
Leading enterprises in the nanopore sequencing patent landscape market comprise 10x Genomics, Becton Dickinson, Illumina, Oxford Nanopore Technologies, Nugen Technologies, and others.
Global Nanopore Sequencing Patent Landscape Market: Key Drivers
Need for Economical Genome Sequencers
High consumer demand for personalized medical treatment has necessitated the development of economical genetic testing methods. Nanopore sequencing allows the preparation of inexpensive samples and has a minimal requirement of enzyme-dependent amplification. As a result, the cost of nanopore sequencing is very less as compared to other sequencing methods. This technology has not only revolutionized the DNA sequencing market but rendered other genome sequencing technologies obsolete.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Accuracy in Structural Variation Analysis
Structural variants are associated with many rare and ultra-rare diseases. Early detection of these structural variants can help effective patient and disease management. Unlike short-read sequencing, nanopore sequencing offers an accurate analysis and detection of structural variants and tumor-associated alterations. This has proven to be highly beneficial in the treatment of cognitive disabilities and deadly diseases such as cancer.
Global Nanopore Sequencing Patent Landscape Market: Regional Analysis
The European market is expected to be lucrative for the global nanopore sequencing patent landscape market due to the presence of well-ranked companies and efficient reimbursement policies. Moreover, numerous American companies have a strong presence in Europe, thus strengthening its position in the global nanopore sequencing patent landscape market. North America is not too far in the race due to development in the innovation ecology and the presence of leading enterprises in the U.S. Rising use of nanopore sequencing in the diagnosis of cancer has further supported the market’s growth in North America.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.