Aseptic Transfer System Market
Aseptic Transfer System Market (Type: Liquid Transfer System and Solid Transfer System; Usability: Single Use and Multiple Use; and End User: Pharmaceutical Companies, Research Laboratories, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Vaccine Manufacturing Fuels Need of Sterile Environments amidst COVID-19 Crisis
Safe manufacture of pharmaceutical drugs has triggered the demand for aseptic transfer systems amidst the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) crisis. Companies in the aseptic transfer system market are taking advantage of the COVID-19 situation to increase the availability of products. As such, there is a growing awareness about sterile and particle-free manufacture of pharmaceutical drugs. ABC Transfer— an industrial designer and manufacturer of secure Rapid Transfer Systems (RTS), has announced that it has raised €3 Mn in a series A financing round to fulfill increasing demands for aseptic filling.
Companies in the aseptic transfer system market are making adjustments to accommodate volatile demand and supply of drugs during the coronavirus era. Analysts at the Transparency Market Research (TMR) predict that the growth of pharmaceutical R&D is anticipated to create business opportunities for healthcare companies. New business avenues, such as manufacturing of vaccines and ingestible drugs have triggered the need for sterile environments.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Aseptic Transfer System Market
Training of Operators Prevents Contamination within Aseptic Manufacturing Area
The aseptic transfer system market is projected to cross the revenue mark of US$ 1.8 Bn by 2030. However, it is potentially challenging for manufacturers to design filling lines that require minimal human intervention. This has led to increased awareness about training for personnel and other operators in order to achieve a clear understanding of hygiene and gowning. Companies in the aseptic transfer system market are increasing efforts to provide training in microbiology and facilitate knowledge sharing about risks posed to patients by non-sterile products.
VxP Pharma— a specialist in contract development and manufacturing (CDMO) of pharmaceutical products, is making it essential to provide highly specific written procedures to trainees within the aseptic manufacturing area.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
High Performance RTPs Help Achieve Full Containment
Cutting-edge alpha ports, beta assemblies, and single use beta bags are intensifying market competition. DESTACO— a global supplier of comprehensive automation, workholding, and containment solutions, is increasing its manufacturing capabilities in high performance alpha ports and beta assemblies that help to improve efficiency in aseptic processing. Manufacturers in the aseptic transfer system market are increasing the availability of ports that have optional door materials meant to provide flexibility for diverse applications.
Manufacturers in the aseptic transfer system market are integrating mechanical interlocks in rapid transfer ports (RTP) to prevent the improper operation of the transfer port. They are designing RTPs that can be used in conjunction with single use beta bag products. RTPs are being extensively used to achieve full containment at all times such as during product loading, transferring, and equipment cleaning.
Patented Liquid Aseptic Transfer Technologies Intensify Market Competition
The aseptic transfer system market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period. Innovations in liquid transfer systems are helping to bolster market growth. This is evident since liquid transfer systems are predicted to hold a higher revenue share compared to solid transfer systems. Liquibox— a provider of sustainable and flexible packaging solutions, is increasing its product portfolio with its patented Intasept aseptic transfer technology to deliver sterile packaging for pharmaceutical and medical liquids. This has led to the popularity of flexible packaging solutions to keep non-invasive pharmaceutical liquids safe and sterile for controlled use in labs and medical facilities.
The growing application of inter-hospital transit and biological testing has fueled the expansion of the aseptic transfer system market. Companies are catering to the needs of clients to facilitate bulk packaging of pharmaceuticals in intermediate bulk containers (IBC). This involves management of oral and eye care products as well as tasks pertaining to working with chemicals and solutions for biological testing.
Additive-free PE Laminated Films Allow Safe Packaging of Non-invasive Liquids
Manufacturers in the aseptic transfer system market are boosting their output capacities in single use durable bags for medical products to deliver superior oxygen & moisture barrier, flex crack resistance, and drop protection. They are acquiring a strong research base in high barrier film technologies designed to protect pharmaceutical products from harmful UV (Ultraviolet) rays in order to deliver excellent chemical resistance. In order to innovate in single use bags, manufacturers are experimenting with materials such as EVOH (Ethylene vinyl alcohol) with PE (Polyethylene) and metPET (Polyethylene terephthalate) with PE to increase product uptake.
Companies in the aseptic transfer system market are increasing the availability for ultra clean and additive-free PE laminated films to cater to the packaging of non-invasive liquids. In order to gain a competitive edge over other manufacturers, companies are offering customizable sizes in single use bags.
Fit-for-Purpose Valves Enable Efficient, Reliable Powder Containment
Valves are gaining attention for efficient and reliable transfer of powdered products. Ben Wylie, senior product manager at ChargePoint Technology, is highlighting the importance of fit-for-purpose valves to enable powder containment. Companies in the aseptic transfer system market have on-boarded product managers who are working closely with a mix of commercial, technical, and service teams to gain proficiency in aseptic powder handling. Such production activities play a crucial role in the development of new medical products.
Companies in the aseptic transfer system market are using barrier technologies such as restricted access barrier (RAB) systems and isolators to deliver better levels of microbiological protection. Microenvironments are emerging as an alternative to traditional open cleanroom environments. Healthcare companies are focused on separating the operator from the product to prevent harmful contamination during drug development processes.
Proactive Measures to Expand Aseptic Filling Capacities Surge with COVID-19 Pandemic
Continued growth of biologic drugs and onset of the COVID-19 pandemic have created a greater emphasis on the expansion of sterile manufacturing facilities. Pharmaceutics International, Inc.— a science-driven contract development and manufacturing organization, is gaining prominence for its highly flexible aseptic filling capacity with proven isolator-barrier and automated technologies. Companies in the aseptic transfer system market are taking proactive measures to establish sterile environments for management of toxic and cytotoxic drugs under contained conditions.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Aseptic Transfer System Market
A shift toward smaller and flexible drug manufacturing production lines during the ongoing COVID-19 situation is predicted to keep economies running. Innovations in pouch filling equipment for pharmaceuticals are contributing toward the growth of the aseptic transfer system market. However, ensuring a contaminant-free production line due to human intervention can be potentially challenging. In order to overcome this, manufacturers should adopt measures such as thorough disinfection and no open-door interventions to ensure a contaminant-free production line. As such, manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities in single use aseptic fitments and bag-in-box filling equipment to facilitate hygienic and non-invasive product transfer.
Aseptic Transfer System Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global aseptic transfer system market for the historical period 2018–2019 and forecast period 2020–2030, strong growth of the pharmaceutical industry and technological advancements through research & development are projected to drive the global aseptic transfer system market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global aseptic transfer system market was valued at ~US$ 892 Mn in 2019 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2020 to 2030
Expansion of Pharmaceutical Industry to Drive Demand for Aseptic Transfer Systems: A Key Driver
- The global pharmaceutical industry has been expanding significantly over the past few years and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Expansion of the industry can be attributed to rise in prevalence of diseases, increase in patient population suffering from chronic diseases, growing affordability of drugs, and focus of governments on enhancing healthcare facilities.
- Aseptic transfer plays a significant role in the prevention of contamination. The risk of contamination can arise due to various factors, including incoming material, air, and personnel. Aseptic transfer applies to various aspects of healthcare and pharmaceuticals. It plays an important role in various aspects such as transfer of components into the cleanroom, as part of sterile manufacturing and pharmaceutical compounding.
- Aseptic transfer systems are used in the sterile transfer of APIs and formulation ingredients during aseptic processes. Moreover, these help prevent contamination of components, contributing to the prevention of infections in patients.
- Expansion of the pharmaceutical industry, along with the adoption of aseptic transfer systems across various areas of the pharmaceutical industry propels the market
Technological Advancements to Boost Market Growth
- Aseptic processing and transfer are essential in manufacturing of sterile biopharmaceutical products. Improving aseptic transfer is necessary for the enhancement of product quality, increase in product availability, affordability, and sustaining patient health.
- The advent of isolators and RABS led to the development of newer techniques for aseptic transfer. These devices are considered advanced aseptic manufacturing technology and are known to be better than conventional lines.
- Getinge AB developed a specialized technology called DPTE system, which is a sterile transfer system for validated aseptic transfer along the production chain
- These newer technologies aid in rapid processing and aseptic transfer of products and materials. This enables improvement in the process, enhancements of workflow operations, and in speeding up response and processing times.
Focus of Pharmaceutical Companies on Adopting Flexible Manufacturing Lines to Hamper Market
- Aseptic transfer systems form a significant part of the pharmaceutical industry; however, rise in focus of drug manufacturers on shifting toward smaller and more flexible production lines is likely to restrain the global market
- Flexible manufacturing systems are anticipated to dominate the pharmaceutical industry in the near future, owing to challenges of volatility, complexity, ambiguity, and uncertainty
- Flexible production lines work by identifying cross-over steps in the manufacturing process, when two or more processes share a similar step, allowing the same piece of equipment to be used in both processes. This enables drug manufacturers to employ single equipment to work on multiple production lines, creating instant flexible production.
- Rise in adoption of flexible manufacturing lines by drug manufacturers is expected to hamper the growth of aseptic transfer systems, which need sterilization after every process and do not allow the conduction of two similar processes in the same equipment
Aseptic Transfer System Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global aseptic transfer system market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- Leading players operating in the global aseptic transfer system market are
- Getinge AB
- Sartorius AG
- Aseptic Technologies
- Central Research Laboratories
- Flexifill Ltd.
- Chargepoint Technology
- Atec Pharmatechnik GmbH
- STERIS plc
- ABC Transfer SAS
Aseptic Transfer System Market: Key Developments
- A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global aseptic transfer system market are:
- In July 2020, ChargePoint Technology and Steris entered into a collaboration to offer an integrated solution for sterile product transfer. This collaboration is focused on integrating ChargePoint’s AseptiSafe Bio Transfer Valve with the STERIS VHP Biodecontamination Systems for providing solution for the sterile transfer of drug substances and drug products during biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- In April 2020, Getinge launched new DPTE Transfer Trolley for moving materials into and out of a confined zone without breaking containment or sterility
- In March 2019, Ezi-Dock Systems launched aseptic transfer system using UV-C light. This system helps reduce the complexity and cost. Furthermore, it aids in enhancing the performance.
- In April 2019, ChargePoint Technology launched ChargePoint Single Use Passive (SUP) and ChargeBag PE-S with new HiPure ULP7 PE film as part of its powder transfer solutions portfolio
- In 2014, Extract Technology launched a range of containment and aseptic isolator systems
- The report on the global aseptic transfer system market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of aseptic transfer system manufacturers. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global aseptic transfer system market.
Aseptic Transfer System Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global aseptic transfer system market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides revenue of the global aseptic transfer system market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global aseptic transfer system market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global aseptic transfer system market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global aseptic transfer system market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global aseptic transfer system market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global aseptic transfer system market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global aseptic transfer system market. Key players operating in the global aseptic transfer system market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global aseptic transfer system market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Aseptic Transfer System Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of companies present in the global aseptic transfer system market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global aseptic transfer system market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global aseptic transfer system market?
- Will Europe continue to be the most profitable market for aseptic transfer system providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global aseptic transfer system market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global aseptic transfer system market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global aseptic transfer system market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global aseptic transfer system market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the aseptic transfer system market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the aseptic transfer system market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global aseptic transfer system market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenue for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global aseptic transfer system market more reliably and accurately.
Aseptic Transfer System Market – Segmentation