Single Use Cystoscope Market
Single Use Cystoscope Market (Product: Flexible Cystoscope and Rigid Cystoscope; and End User: Hospitals & Clinics, Diagnostic Centers, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Single-use Cystoscopies Preferred over Reusable Ones amid COVID-19 Scare
With the onset of the coronavirus infection, there is growing awareness about preventing other infections such as the urinary tract infection (UTI). The UTI is being traced toward the use of damaged reusable cystoscopies. Companies in the single use cystoscope market are capitalizing on these findings to increase the availability of products in hospitals, clinics, and diagnostic centers.
Since April 2021, Ambu Inc. - a rapidly growing medical device maker, has been gaining attention for the clearance by Health Canada for the use of aScope™ 4 Cysto, a single-use cystoscope option to prevent UTI cases amid ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Competitor companies in the single use cystoscope market are taking cues from such developments and are increasing the availability of flexible, single use cystoscopies for diagnosing, managing, and treating lower urinary disorders such as bladder cancer and incontinence.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Single Use Cystoscope Market
Reusable Cystoscopes V/S Single Use Cystoscopes: Which is Better?
With several advantages, it is challenging to shed light on the disadvantages of single use cystoscopes. As such, it has been found that the during benchtop testing performance, the single-use digital flexible cystoscopes was inferior compared with reusable digital cystoscopes. Regardless, single-use cystoscopes offer adequate illumination, maneuverability and imaging advantages.
Market readiness for single use cystoscopes is gradually growing as per urologists. Companies in the single use cystoscope market are taking advantage of benefits including elimination about the risk of cross-contamination and the need for frequent repair as compared to reusable cystoscopes. The advantages of single use cystoscopes are casting a positive effect on urologists and procurement managers (PMs), which is helping to improve conversion rates. Single use cystoscopes help to eliminate hidden costs that are usually linked with reusable ones in the context of labor time, reprocessing equipment, and repairs.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Patient-ready Single Use Cystoscopes Help Improve Productivity of Healthcare Professionals
The single use cystoscope market is expected to advance at a modest CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period. Technological innovations are casting a positive impact on healthcare systems in the U.S., owing to the growing acceptance of single use cystoscopes. Such devices are redefining productivity for doctors, staff, and facility, whilst ensuring a safe, sterile device for the patient. Manufacturers in the single use cystoscope market have entered the race to produce cost-effective, high quality, and flexible cystoscopes that deliver excellent maneuverability and optics.
Cutting-edge, single use cystoscopes are eliminating capital, repair, and cleaning cost disadvantages associated with reusable cystoscopes. This helps to increase the availability of patient-ready instruments for healthcare professionals.
Environmental Impact of Single Use Cystoscopes Causes Future Concerns for Manufacturers
The single use cystoscope market is projected to cross US$ 150 Mn by 2031. Although single use or disposable cystoscopes help to improve workflow efficiencies, their environmental impact needs to be taken into consideration. Med-tech companies are increasing their R&D to compare the carbon footprint of single use cystoscopes and reusable cystoscopes, while accounting for manufacturing, sterilization, repackaging, repair, and solid waste disposal.
The high prevalence of cystoscopy related infections is bolstering the demand for single use cystoscope. Such trends are translating into growth for the global single use cystoscope market. Cystoscopes are being identified as semi-critical devices that demand high-level disinfection (HLD) among patients. This is another driver fueling the demand for single use cystoscopes. Since cystoscopes are fragile mechanical instruments, reprocessing can be potentially cumbersome and difficult to carry out.
Single Use Cystoscopes Used with HD Displays for Video Endoscopy
Manufacturers in the single use cystoscope market are making use of sterile packaging, which helps to reallocate staff from complex, time-consuming cystoscope cleaning to more productive activities. Single use cystoscopes help to overcome procedure backlogs in urology clinics. These devices are helping to increase outpatient throughput that is not constrained by reprocessing or capital budgets. Such trends are improving urology clinic workflows and patient scheduling flexibility.
Single use cystoscope is being used in combination with high-definition displays for video endoscopy. Companies in the single use cystoscope market are gaining awareness about compact and portable units that can be easily transported throughout the hospital or from one room to another. These compact units hold potential to be connected to electronic health record/electronic medical record (EHR/EMR) systems, which facilitate image and video procedure recording for documentation or immediate review with the patient.
Conversion toward Single Use Cystoscopes to be High in Germany
The anticipated conversion rate is high for single use cystoscopes, owing to cost transparency, which is an important factor when purchasing devices. Such trends are contributing to the growth of the single use cystoscope market. Limitations with respect to capturing incalculable hidden costs, owing to failed cleaning cycles and potential contamination prior to use with reusable devices are triggering the demand for single use cystoscopes. Moreover, it has been found that the age of the oldest cytoscope in use, varies significantly in countries such as Europe, the U.S., and Japan.
Since there are an increasingly high number of old cytoscopes in Germany, it is anticipated that Germany will gauge a high conversion rate toward single use cystoscopes as compared to Japan. Med-tech companies in the single use cystoscope market are capitalizing on this opportunity and increasing their R&D capabilities to understand market sentiments of patients, procurement managers & healthcare professionals for business expansion.
High Prevalence of Bladder Cancer in Men Contributes to Market Expansion
Single use cystoscopes are gaining popularity as a safe and cost efficient method of performing urology procedures. Manufacturers in the single use cystoscope market are increasing their production capabilities in portable devices that offer a practical and efficient way of performing flexible cystoscopy procedures in inpatient, outpatient, and emergency settings.
On the other hand, the high prevalence of bladder cancer among men is acting as a driver for the demand of single use cystoscopes. Med-tech companies are gaining awareness in these findings to bolster their production capacities. Since non-adherence to cystoscopy can lead to doubling of the risk of tumor progression, med-tech companies are innovating in grasper-integrated disposable flexible cystoscopes.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Single Use Cystoscope Market
Single use cystoscopes help overcome COVID-19-created procedure backlogs in urology clinics. Grasper-integrated disposable flexible cystoscopes hold promising potentials in bladder cancer detection. The flexible cystoscopy under local anesthesia is associated with better patient acceptance.
Though reusable cystoscopes are linked with cross-contamination and the use of hazardous chemicals when reprocessing reusable cystoscopes, single use or disposable cystoscopes are being anticipated for environmental damage, owing to solid waste collection. Hence, manufacturers in the single use cystoscope market should make use of materials that can be easily recycled in order to boost production and expand application of single use cystoscopes in a sustainable way.
Single Use Cystoscope Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global single use cystoscope market for the historical period of 2017–2019 and the forecast period of 2021–2031, increase in incidence and prevalence of bladder cancer & urinary tract infections (UTIs) and cost & technology advantage of single use cystoscopes are projected to drive the global single use cystoscope market in the near future
- According to the report, the global single use cystoscope market was valued at US$ 95 Mn in 2020 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2021 to 2031
Increase in Incidence, Prevalence of Bladder Cancer & Urinary Tract Infections: Key Driver
- Bladder cancer is the second most common cancer in men and the fifth leading cause of death globally. Prostate and bladder cancer diagnosis requires imaging of the required organ through a hollow tube called cystoscope. Prostate cancer incidence and mortality rates are age-related, with the highest incidence being observed in elderly men.
- According to the GLOBOCAN 2018 estimates, 1,276,106 new cases of prostate cancer were reported globally in 2018, with higher prevalence in the developed countries. The American Cancer Society estimated 334,500 new cases and 41,800 deaths from prostate and bladder cancer for 1997.
- Increase in incidence and prevalence of bladder cancer across the world is expected to drive the number of diagnostic procedures for bladder cancer & urinary tract infections. This is likely to propel the global single use cystoscope market in the near future.
Cost, Technology Advantage of Single Use Cystoscope: Major Driver
- Reusable cystoscopes require reprocessing after every procedure to maintain sterility. After every procedure, reusable cystoscopes need to be sterilized, which uses capital invested for sterilization purposes.
- Manufacturing of reusable cystoscope needs advanced technological instruments, along with their installation, maintenance, and repair, which further increases the overall cost associated with reusable cystoscope
- Single use cystoscopes are disposable and do not require any reprocessing and cleaning between procedures, as these are disposed after single use. This saves the cost on reprocessing and repair. Moreover, the investment required for manufacturing of single use cystoscope is quite less, which is a major factor projected to contribute to the growth of the global single use cystoscope market.
- There is no risk of cross-contamination from single use cystoscope. Reusable cystoscopes have chances of cross-contamination with other devices due to lack in reprocessing steps such as pre-cleaning, leak testing, cleaning, and disinfection for reusing the cystoscope. Reusable cystoscopes need to undergo these reprocessing steps. Improper handling in any of the steps can lead to cross-contamination and health risks. Single use cystoscope does not require any of the above procedures, as it will be disposed after single use.
Single Use Cystoscope Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global single use cystoscope market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global single use cystoscope market is moderately fragmented with the presence of a large number of leading players in the global market and several small players in regional markets. Top players hold a major share of the global single use cystoscope market.
- Prominent players operating in the global single use cystoscope market include
- Ambu A/S
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Coloplast Group
- OTU Medical, Inc.
- YouCare Tech
- NeoScope, Inc.
- UroViu Corporation
- Zhuhai PUSEN Medical Technology Co., Ltd.
- LiNA Medical ApS
- iCLear Limited
- Wuhan Darppon Medical Technology Co., Ltd.
- The report on the global single use cystoscope market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global single use cystoscope market.
Single Use Cystoscope Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global single use cystoscope market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides revenue of the global single use cystoscope market for the period of 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global single use cystoscope market from 2021 to 2031.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global single use cystoscope market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the global single use cystoscope market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global single use cystoscope market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global single use cystoscope market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global single use cystoscope market. Key players operating in the global single use cystoscope market are identified and each one of these is profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global single use cystoscope market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Single Use Cystoscope Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by the single use cystoscope market across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global single use cystoscope market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which product segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2030? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Single Use Cystoscope Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global single use cystoscope market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. The report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global single use cystoscope market in terms of product, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2030 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global single use cystoscope market.
Single Use Cystoscope Market – Segmentation