Rhinoscope Devices Market: Introduction
- Rhinoscope is a thin tube-like medical device used to examine the inside of the nose. It is equipped with a light and a lens.
- Inclination toward endoscopic surgery and minimally invasive procedures is boosting the market for rhinoscope devices. Moreover, these procedures offer better patient outcomes when compared with traditional open procedures. Minimally invasive procedures offer various advantages such as smaller incisions, lesser pain, shorter hospital stay, faster recovery, and reduced scars as compared to traditional procedures. According to a study published in Surgical Solutions, LLC, there is 50% increase in the number of minimally invasive procedures in the U.S.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Rhinoscope Devices Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Rhinoscope Devices Market
- Increase in the number of cases of chronic sinusitis have fueled the demand for rhinoscope devices for diagnosis and treatment purposes. The overall prevalence of chronic sinusitis in the U.S. is 146 per 1,000 population. As per an article published in Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology in 2011, approximately 20% of patients with chronic sinusitis develop nasal polyposis (NP).
- Continuous technological advancements in the sinus surgery technology is propelling the market. In order to accurately guide physicians to navigate patients’ unique sinus anatomy, image-guided sinus surgery was introduced. Balloon sinuplasty was introduced in 2005. PROPEL sinus stent is another development to optimize recovery following the endoscopic sinus surgery. Technological developments in fiber optic systems have had a positive impact on the diagnostic-therapeutic process. Moreover, advancements in the sinusitis treatment will have a positive impact on the market and contribute to its growth significantly during the forecast period.
- Lack of skilled otolaryngologists and ENT surgeons may hamper market growth. According to an article published in hospital magazine Becker’s Health, there were 12,609 otolaryngologists practicing in the U.S. in 2017. The number is projected to fall to 12,084 by 2025 due to high attrition rate of 306 otolaryngologists per year.
Video Rhinoscopes to Witness High Demand
- Based on type, the global rhinoscope devices market can be segmented into video rhinoscopes and fiber rhinoscopes
- Video rhinoscope is a rigid, traditional device, which can be used for both routine diagnostic examinations and complex, minimally invasive sinus surgeries. CMOS video rhino- laryngoscope offered by Karl Storz is a combination of a rhinoscope and a laryngoscope, which can be used in doctor’s office, house calls, or for consultation purposes.
- Fiberoptic rhinoscope, which is a flexible type device, is expected to grow at a rapid CAGR during the forecast period due to its safe and minimally invasive diagnostic procedure
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Rhinoscope Devices Market Report
Hospital Segment to Offer Significant Growth Opportunities
- In terms of end-user, the global rhinoscope devices market can be divided into: hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and ENT clinics
- Hospital end-user segment holds the major share of the global rhinoscope devices market, as a large number of outpatient sinus dilation procedures are performed in hospitals due to integrated healthcare facilities and availability of technologically advanced infrastructures. As per a study carried out in 2017, it was found that the number of balloon sinus procedures performed in the U.S. increased 59% annually from 2011 to 2014.
- Increase in the number of ENT clinics, faster recovery time, cost effectiveness, and growing preference of minimally invasive surgeries are driving the ENT clinics segment. According to an article published in Becker Healthcare, in the U.S., procedures performed in ENT clinics are nearly 26%–27%, followed by ambulatory surgical centers in 2017.
North America to Lead Global Market for Rhinoscope Devices
- In terms of region, the global rhinoscope devices market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is likely to account for a major share of the global rhinoscope devices market. Moreover, this market in North America is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, owing to growing awareness about disease detection, increasing incidences of ENT diseases, and adoption of technologically advanced medical devices. Government initiatives also play a major role in market growth. As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 28.9 million adults are suffering from sinusitis in the U.S.
- Rhinoscope devices market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid CAGR during the forecast period, owing to continuous development in healthcare and pharmaceutical industries in the region and increase in demand for ENT devices. According to an article published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information, in 2015, Chronic sinusitis affected approximately 107 million people in Mainland China.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global rhinoscope devices market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Pentax Medical Corporation
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Olympus Corporation
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- Medtronic plc
- Cook Medical Incorporated
- Richard Wolf GmbH
- Stryker Corporation
- Boston Scientific Corporation
Global Rhinoscope Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Rhinoscope Devices Market, by Type
- Video Rhinoscopes
- Fiber Rhinoscopes
Global Rhinoscope Devices Market, by Application
- Anterior Rhinoscopy
- Posterior Rhinoscopy
Global Rhinoscope Devices Market, by Patient Type
Global Rhinoscope Devices Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- ENT Clinics
Global Rhinoscope Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.