Adoption of Home Dialysis to Create Demand for Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters
- Peritoneal dialysis, which can be effectively performed at home, work, and during travel, uses abdomen lining known as peritoneum and a dialysate for cleaning blood. Dialysate absorbs waste and fluids from the blood using peritoneum as a filter. This process is more advantageous than other common blood filters such as hemodialysis.
- Peritoneal dialysis catheter is a flexible plastic tube that is placed inside the abdomen and chest for the dialysis fluid (dialysate) to enter into the abdominal cavity, purify the toxins present in the blood in the abdomen and organ lining, and drain out the dialysate again. The peritoneal catheter is inserted using various techniques. However, the most commonly used techniques are percutaneous and laparoscopic.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Market
- High prevalence of diabetes resulting in increased incidences of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) is a major factor driving the global peritoneal dialysis catheter market. Diabetes accounts for approximately 30% – 40% of the total cases of ESRD. Consistent rise in the number of patients suffering from ESRD worldwide at a rate of 5% –7% annually has resulted in increased use of peritoneal dialysis, thus driving the demand for peritoneal dialysis catheter. Moreover, growing prevalence of diabetes globally is expected to lead to higher incidences of ESRD. This factor is expected to propel the growth of the peritoneal dialysis catheter market.
- Rise in geriatric population, favorable government policies, increase in the number of dialysis centers, consistent technological advancements, and awareness about peritoneal procedures are favoring market growth.
- Few countries across the Asia Pacific region offers reimbursement policies for dialysis procedures to patients suffering from chronic kidney diseases (CKDs). For instance, the Government of Korea provides 90% reimbursement of the total dialysis costs incurred. The Government of Japan offers 100% reimbursement to patients for dialysis procedures. Favorable reimbursement schemes in various countries for patients undergoing dialysis are driving the dialysis products and services market.
- As per the World Population Prospects, the number of people aged 80 years and above is likely to triple from 143 million in 2019 to 426 million by 2050.
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters Market, Request a Brochure here
Percutaneous Technique a Highly Advanced Procedure
- Percutaneous is an advanced, minimal invasive technique that renders the ease of inserting the catheter for peritoneal dialysis. It is widely preferred by nephrologists and surgeons. Thus, successful implantation of the dialysis catheter is a major focus for an effective peritoneal dialysis process.
- Percutaneous technique is simple and safe, and offers less morbidity while bowel perforation. It also minimizes catheter related infections and other side effects.
Use of Automated Peritoneal Dialysis Procedure to Grow in Future
- Automated peritoneal dialysis is an advanced type of peritoneal dialysis with consistent modifications. Automated peritoneal dialysis offers advantages over continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis such as lower incidences of peritonitis, better small solute clearances, and reduced incidences of hernia. All these factors are anticipated to support the growth of the automated peritoneal dialysis segment in the near future.
- Continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) is a standard peritoneal dialysis process and is portable than other forms of dialysis methods. This method has various advantages over hemodialysis, as it offers easy control over extra fluid and reduces stress on heart and blood vessels. This process utilizes manual bags encompassing peritoneal dialysis fluid and is more convenient as compared to other processes. Hence, these factors are expected to contribute to the growth of the continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis type.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Market
- The global peritoneal dialysis catheter market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to be the most lucrative market for peritoneal dialysis catheter due to rise in patient pool in the region, increase in awareness, and supportive reimbursement policies. Rise in prevalence of CKD and diabetes is a major factor contributing to the demand for dialysis. As per articles published by BMC Nephrology in 2018, out of 10, 1 to 4 people are estimated to suffer from CKDs in South India. The prevalence of chronic kidney diseases in India is estimated to be 10.2%, it is reported to be 21.2% in Pakistan, and in Bangladesh, it is estimated to be 17.3%. Moreover, as per the Global Burden of Disease (GBD) report, deaths due to chronic kidney diseases have almost doubled in the past 20 years. Thus, increase in demand for peritoneal dialysis from patients suffering from chronic kidney diseases is expected to drive the peritoneal dialysis catheter market in the Asia Pacific region during the forecast period.
- Strong distribution network and increase in the number of dialysis centers in the region are likely to augment market growth in the region.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global peritoneal dialysis catheters market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Merit Medical Systems
- DaVita Healthcare Partners, Inc.
- Medical Components, Inc.
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA
- Braun Melsungen AG
- Becton, Dickinson and Company(BD)
- Other Prominent Players
Global Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters Market: Research Scope
Global Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters Market, by Peritoneal Dialysis Type
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
- Automated Peritoneal Dialysis (APD)
Global Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters Market, by Technology
- Surgical Placement
- Percutaneous Technique
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.