Adoption of Home Dialysis to Create Demand for Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters
- Peritoneal dialysis, which can be effectively performed at home, work, and during travel, uses abdomen lining known as peritoneum and a dialysate for cleaning blood. Dialysate absorbs waste and fluids from the blood using peritoneum as a filter. This process is more advantageous than other common blood filters such as hemodialysis.
- Peritoneal dialysis catheter is a flexible plastic tube that is placed inside the abdomen and chest for the dialysis fluid (dialysate) to enter into the abdominal cavity, purify the toxins present in the blood in the abdomen and organ lining, and drain out the dialysate again. The peritoneal catheter is inserted using various techniques. However, the most commonly used techniques are percutaneous and laparoscopic.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Market
- High prevalence of diabetes resulting in increased incidences of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) is a major factor driving the global peritoneal dialysis catheter market. Diabetes accounts for approximately 30% – 40% of the total cases of ESRD. Consistent rise in the number of patients suffering from ESRD worldwide at a rate of 5% –7% annually has resulted in increased use of peritoneal dialysis, thus driving the demand for peritoneal dialysis catheter. Moreover, growing prevalence of diabetes globally is expected to lead to higher incidences of ESRD. This factor is expected to propel the growth of the peritoneal dialysis catheter market.
- Rise in geriatric population, favorable government policies, increase in the number of dialysis centers, consistent technological advancements, and awareness about peritoneal procedures are favoring market growth.
- Few countries across the Asia Pacific region offers reimbursement policies for dialysis procedures to patients suffering from chronic kidney diseases (CKDs). For instance, the Government of Korea provides 90% reimbursement of the total dialysis costs incurred. The Government of Japan offers 100% reimbursement to patients for dialysis procedures. Favorable reimbursement schemes in various countries for patients undergoing dialysis are driving the dialysis products and services market.
- As per the World Population Prospects, the number of people aged 80 years and above is likely to triple from 143 million in 2019 to 426 million by 2050.
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters Market, Request a Brochure here
Percutaneous Technique a Highly Advanced Procedure
- Percutaneous is an advanced, minimal invasive technique that renders the ease of inserting the catheter for peritoneal dialysis. It is widely preferred by nephrologists and surgeons. Thus, successful implantation of the dialysis catheter is a major focus for an effective peritoneal dialysis process.
- Percutaneous technique is simple and safe, and offers less morbidity while bowel perforation. It also minimizes catheter related infections and other side effects.
Use of Automated Peritoneal Dialysis Procedure to Grow in Future
- Automated peritoneal dialysis is an advanced type of peritoneal dialysis with consistent modifications. Automated peritoneal dialysis offers advantages over continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis such as lower incidences of peritonitis, better small solute clearances, and reduced incidences of hernia. All these factors are anticipated to support the growth of the automated peritoneal dialysis segment in the near future.
- Continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) is a standard peritoneal dialysis process and is portable than other forms of dialysis methods. This method has various advantages over hemodialysis, as it offers easy control over extra fluid and reduces stress on heart and blood vessels. This process utilizes manual bags encompassing peritoneal dialysis fluid and is more convenient as compared to other processes. Hence, these factors are expected to contribute to the growth of the continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis type.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Market
- The global peritoneal dialysis catheter market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to be the most lucrative market for peritoneal dialysis catheter due to rise in patient pool in the region, increase in awareness, and supportive reimbursement policies. Rise in prevalence of CKD and diabetes is a major factor contributing to the demand for dialysis. As per articles published by BMC Nephrology in 2018, out of 10, 1 to 4 people are estimated to suffer from CKDs in South India. The prevalence of chronic kidney diseases in India is estimated to be 10.2%, it is reported to be 21.2% in Pakistan, and in Bangladesh, it is estimated to be 17.3%. Moreover, as per the Global Burden of Disease (GBD) report, deaths due to chronic kidney diseases have almost doubled in the past 20 years. Thus, increase in demand for peritoneal dialysis from patients suffering from chronic kidney diseases is expected to drive the peritoneal dialysis catheter market in the Asia Pacific region during the forecast period.
- Strong distribution network and increase in the number of dialysis centers in the region are likely to augment market growth in the region.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global peritoneal dialysis catheters market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Merit Medical Systems
- DaVita Healthcare Partners, Inc.
- Medical Components, Inc.
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA
- Braun Melsungen AG
- Becton, Dickinson and Company(BD)
- Other Prominent Players
Global Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters Market: Research Scope
Global Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters Market, by Peritoneal Dialysis Type
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
- Automated Peritoneal Dialysis (APD)
Global Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters Market, by Technology
- Surgical Placement
- Percutaneous Technique
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.