Lack of Viable Alternatives Drives Global Market for Liver Diseases Therapeutics
Cirrhosis is one of the most commonly known liver conditions to people. Although people consider it a liver disease, it is a condition that results from permanent damage to the liver. It is the final stage of many liver diseases and results in a number of health issues such as hepatic encephalopathy, ascites, and variceal bleeding.
- Viruses: Viruses such as those responsible for hepatitis A, B, and C commonly attack the liver and gravely affect its functioning. Although there are vaccines for hepatitis type A and B, there is currently no proper vaccine for hepatitis C, making the situation severe.
- Alcohol: How the liver metabolizes alcohol largely depends on factors such as age, gender, health, weight, and even the ethnicity of a person. With too much of alcohol to detoxify continuously, liver cells suffer destruction or alteration and the condition results in fat deposits in the liver and can also lead to permanent scarring and/or inflammation of the liver.
- Other Drugs and Toxins: As the liver is responsible for processing most of the medications and chemicals entering the body, it is highly vulnerable to chronic and acute liver conditions resulting from harmful chemicals. In several cases, certain liver conditions are a predictable consequence of overexposure to chemicals such as carbon tetrachloride, polyvinyl chloride, and acetaminophen.
- Cancer: Although the cases of primary liver cancer are relatively uncommon, there are numerous cancers that metastasize in the liver. As the liver is responsible for filtering a high volume of blood, it is highly susceptible to developing a secondary form of cancer. The rare cases of primary liver cancer mostly result from hepatitis C or hepatitis B.
- Autoimmune Conditions: In some cases, the immune system of the body may begin to attack the bile ducts, leading to scarring and inflammation of the liver and progressively to a more serious liver condition.
- Process Analytical Technologies for Pharmaceuticals Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016 - 2023
Pharmaceutical product manufacturing comprises stringent procedure in which monitoring and regulation of each and every step is highly essential and crucial affair. The pharmaceutical products are related with the health and life of an individual; hence the errorless analysis of each and every step is required.
According to the U.S. FDA, process analysis technology (PAT) can be defined as a mechanism or system used to analyze, evaluate and control pharmaceutical manufacturing process ...
- Rabies Treatment Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016 - 2023
Rabies is a zoonotic viral disease caused due to animal bits. The disease is known to affect domestic as well as wild animals such as bats, skunks, foxes, ferrets, raccoons, cats, or dogs, and infects humans upon contact with saliva of infected animal. Rabies is known to have an incubation period of one to three months. Individuals suffering from rabies show initial symptoms of fever and pain or tingling or burning sensation also called as paraesthesia at the wound site. As the disease progre...
- Foot Orthotic Insoles Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Unexpected falls are the primary cause of the injury among the elderly. Each year more than 18,000 elder adults expire from injuries sustained through such falls, and the global cost of their treatment is anticipated to surpass $50 billion by 2020.
Several of these falls may also be due to weakened sensory capabilities of the foot that naturally come with age. The persons with diabetes might experience such weakened sensory function that they develop foot ulcers, which often result in...