Lack of Viable Alternatives Drives Global Market for Liver Diseases Therapeutics
Cirrhosis is one of the most commonly known liver conditions to people. Although people consider it a liver disease, it is a condition that results from permanent damage to the liver. It is the final stage of many liver diseases and results in a number of health issues such as hepatic encephalopathy, ascites, and variceal bleeding.
- Viruses: Viruses such as those responsible for hepatitis A, B, and C commonly attack the liver and gravely affect its functioning. Although there are vaccines for hepatitis type A and B, there is currently no proper vaccine for hepatitis C, making the situation severe.
- Alcohol: How the liver metabolizes alcohol largely depends on factors such as age, gender, health, weight, and even the ethnicity of a person. With too much of alcohol to detoxify continuously, liver cells suffer destruction or alteration and the condition results in fat deposits in the liver and can also lead to permanent scarring and/or inflammation of the liver.
- Other Drugs and Toxins: As the liver is responsible for processing most of the medications and chemicals entering the body, it is highly vulnerable to chronic and acute liver conditions resulting from harmful chemicals. In several cases, certain liver conditions are a predictable consequence of overexposure to chemicals such as carbon tetrachloride, polyvinyl chloride, and acetaminophen.
- Cancer: Although the cases of primary liver cancer are relatively uncommon, there are numerous cancers that metastasize in the liver. As the liver is responsible for filtering a high volume of blood, it is highly susceptible to developing a secondary form of cancer. The rare cases of primary liver cancer mostly result from hepatitis C or hepatitis B.
- Autoimmune Conditions: In some cases, the immune system of the body may begin to attack the bile ducts, leading to scarring and inflammation of the liver and progressively to a more serious liver condition.
- Cytomegalovirus Retinitis Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Retinitis is caused by cytomegalovirus infection, which is a herpes-type virus that affects the retina of the human eye among patients having a weak immune system that could be due to conditions such as AIDS, leukemia and/or pregnancy. Symptomatic conditions include floaters, flashes, and blind spots besides loss of peripheral or blurred vision in the eyes of immune compromised patients.CMV infection often leads to hemorrhagic retinal inflammation along with vascular...
- Male Infertility Treatment Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Male infertility refers the male inability to cause pregnancy in a fertile female. It is majorly due to low sperm count, hormonal problem or presence of low number of motile sperms. Hence, fertility in male requires normal functioning of hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and testes. However, 40% -50% cases have no identifiable cause and 30% -40% cases are due to problem in the testes. The various causes of increasing infertility in male includes consumption of alcohol and drugs, rising stress...
- Gold Nanoparticles Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2015 - 2023
- According to the American Nano Society, nanotechnology is a field of science which deals with the study of nano size. In medical field, gold nanoparticles, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, and calcium phosphate are majorly utilized nanaoparticles. These particles collectively accounted for a market share of over 30%.However, of these gold nanoparticles have witnessed the significant growth due to their ease of preparation, low toxicity , and ability to attach to...