Lack of Viable Alternatives Drives Global Market for Liver Diseases Therapeutics
Cirrhosis is one of the most commonly known liver conditions to people. Although people consider it a liver disease, it is a condition that results from permanent damage to the liver. It is the final stage of many liver diseases and results in a number of health issues such as hepatic encephalopathy, ascites, and variceal bleeding.
- Viruses: Viruses such as those responsible for hepatitis A, B, and C commonly attack the liver and gravely affect its functioning. Although there are vaccines for hepatitis type A and B, there is currently no proper vaccine for hepatitis C, making the situation severe.
- Alcohol: How the liver metabolizes alcohol largely depends on factors such as age, gender, health, weight, and even the ethnicity of a person. With too much of alcohol to detoxify continuously, liver cells suffer destruction or alteration and the condition results in fat deposits in the liver and can also lead to permanent scarring and/or inflammation of the liver.
- Other Drugs and Toxins: As the liver is responsible for processing most of the medications and chemicals entering the body, it is highly vulnerable to chronic and acute liver conditions resulting from harmful chemicals. In several cases, certain liver conditions are a predictable consequence of overexposure to chemicals such as carbon tetrachloride, polyvinyl chloride, and acetaminophen.
- Cancer: Although the cases of primary liver cancer are relatively uncommon, there are numerous cancers that metastasize in the liver. As the liver is responsible for filtering a high volume of blood, it is highly susceptible to developing a secondary form of cancer. The rare cases of primary liver cancer mostly result from hepatitis C or hepatitis B.
- Autoimmune Conditions: In some cases, the immune system of the body may begin to attack the bile ducts, leading to scarring and inflammation of the liver and progressively to a more serious liver condition.
- Infection Control Market in Cancer Therapy - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
The various types of treatment options that are commercially available in the market for cancer include traditional surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, photodynamic therapy, stem cell transplant therapy, etc. Among these above-mentioned treatment options, the patients who are receiving chemotherapy are more prone to get infections through their daily activities. One out of every 10 patients who are treated with chemotherapy gets an infection, which needs...
- Antihypertensive Drugs Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Human health is being affected by various factors which include rapid urbanization, demographic ageing and the globalization of unhealthy lifestyles. Hypertension is one of the keyhealth issuesthat are observed in both developed as well as developing countries. It is a silent, invisible killer that rarely causes symptoms and is one of the key risk factors forcoronary heart disease and ischemic as well as hemorrhagic stroke. Hypertension can also lead to various other problemssuch as renal imp...
- Antiepileptic Drugs Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Antiepileptic drugs are therapies approved to treat patients with epilepsy, a brain disorder in which clusters of nerve cells signal abnormally, which can lead to seizures. These seizures are incidents that occur when group of nerve cells or neurons in brain sends wrong signals. Patients suffering from epilepsy may complain about strange emotions and sensations or they may behave strangely. Epilepsy is the fourth most common brain disorder affecting people of all ages. The causes of epilepsy ...