Organoids Market (Type: Stomach, Intestine, Liver, Pancreas, Lung, Brain, Kidney, and Others; Application: Developmental Biology, Disease Pathology of Infectious Disease, Regenerative Medicine, Drug Toxicity and Efficacy Testing, Drug Discovery & Personalized Medicine, and Others; and Source: Pluripotent Stem Cells [hIPSCs] and Organ-speci?c Adult Stem Cells [ASCs]) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
- 190 Pages
Increasing Demand for Gene Mutation and Cancer Research to Drive Market
Over the past decade, organoids are being increasingly used in a range of applications, including disease modeling, pathogenesis, drug screening, and regenerative medicine, and the trend is set to continue during the forecast period. Organoid technologies have witnessed considerable developments in recent years, and continue to pave the way for the development of in vitro physiologic systems that model the origin tissues with high degree of accuracy compared to conventional approaches. The increasing focus on research and development activities is expected to play a key role in the development of the global organoids market during the assessment period.
The capability of 3D-organoid cultures to mimic organ functionality to some degree is one of the key factors likely to establish organoids as an ideal model for applications such as stem cell research to precision medicine. Furthermore, the increasing adoption of the organoid technology for use in a range of applications, including genetic mutation, gene assessment, and tumor modelling is expected to accelerate the overall development of the global organoids market during the assessment period. The assessment of different diseases by leveraging the organoid technology is anticipated to remain one of the most prominent applications of organoids in the upcoming years.
At the back of these factors coupled with the consistent rise in the investment for research and development, the global orgnoids market is expected to cross the market value of US$ 12.8 Bn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Organoids Market
Increasing Demand for Tumor Modelling and Biobanking to Propel Market Growth
The consistent progress in the organoid technology has gradually paved the way for ‘tumouroids’ and patient-centric 3D cultures of cells that are isolated from tumor biopsies. Over the past few decades, tumouroid lines have been established from a plethora of cancer types such as liver, breast, prostate, brain, bladder, and more from metastasis as well as primary tumors. Due to consistent advancements, in the current scenario, tumouroid lines are increasingly being passed in vitro, which opens up new avenues for a range of downstream applications. Moreover, 3D-based cultures offer additional advantages over the conventional 2D cancer-derived cell lines. Moreover, research and development activities have indicated that tumouroid culturing is highly efficient in enabling the collection of various cancer subtypes from a large pool of patients. As organoids can be easily derived and expanded from single cancer cells, the adoption of organoids to mimic intratumour diversification in culture is on the rise– a factor that is projected to propel the global organoids market during the assessment period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
New Discoveries Driven by Research & Development to Boost Prospects
Research and development activities are set to play a key role in the overall development of the global organoids market during the assessment period. In addition, increasing collaborations between researchers and medical experts are anticipated to accelerate the development of complex organoids. For instance, two recent discoveries are expected to boost the overall prospects of next-generation organoid development. The new research collaboration between a team of scientists from the Cincinnati Children’s and Japan was announced in August 2020. As per the research team, discoveries from the new research collaboration are likely to be one of the most critical aspects for the development of a new wave of complex organoids. Although the organoid technology has progressed at a consistent pace over the past few years, the application of the same continues to remain sluggish in the current scenario. However, increasing focus on the commercialization of organoids and consistent progress in genome editing techniques are expected to bolster the growth of the global organoids market during the assessment period.
Demand for Human and Animal Organoids on Rise amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The advent of the novel COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to open up new opportunities for the players involved in the current organoids market landscape. While researchers continue to assess the biology of the novel coronavirus, human and animal organoids are gradually anticipated to prove their value as an experimental virology platform. Furthermore, several researchers from various regions of the world have turned toward organoid technologies to assess the tissue tropism of the novel SARS-COV-2 virus.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Organoids Market
The global organoids market is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the assessment period. Increasing prevalence of several diseases, outbreak of the novel COVID-19 pandemic, and rising adoption of organoids for disease modelling, gene mutation, and tumor modelling, advancements in organoid technology, and research and development activities are some of the key factors that are likely to drive the global organoids market during the assessment period. Furthermore, the increasing adoption of organoids as an ideal tool for respiratory infections and diseases will bolster the growth of the global organoids market during the assessment period.
Organoids Market: Overview
- The global organoids market was valued over US$ 1.7 Bn in 2019 and is projected to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2030. Increase in incidence and prevalence of chronic and infectious diseases, adoption of organoids as therapeutics tools, application of organoids in drug discovery & personalized medicine, and use of organoids in research & development is anticipated to propel the global organoids market. The globe market is driven by the application of organoids as an important tool for cell biology, gene therapy, regenerative medicine, cancer research, and disease modelling. Technological advancements are expected to propel the global organoids market during the forecast period.
- Organoids are miniature, self-organized three-dimensional culture derived from stem cells, including pluripotent stem cells and adult stem cells. Organoids are considered replication of complex organs such as stomach, intestine, brain, kidney, lungs, and liver. Organoids are grown from stem cells of different sources, and these cells divide indefinitely and produce different types of cells. These structures resemble the miniature organs, which range from size of a hair width to five millimeters.
- Organoids provide scientists a detailed understanding and view about the organ growth and formation, and offer them promising approach about the disease pathology and human development. Scientists have found organoids to be potential mini organs in the drug discovery and personalized medicine.
Organoids Market: Segmentation
- The global organoids market has been segmented based on type, application, source, and region
- In terms of type, the global organoids market has been classified into stomach, intestine, liver, pancreas, lung, brain, kidney, and others. The intestine segment accounted for a prominent share of the market in 2019, ascribed to rise in prevalence of inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) across the globe. For instance, the inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) has affected 300 per 100,000 people across the world.
- Based on application, the global organoids market has been categorized into developmental biology, disease pathology of infectious disease, regenerative medicine, drug toxicity & efficacy testing, drug discovery & personalized medicine, and others. The developmental biology segment accounted for a major share of the market in 2019, owing to its consideration as primary investigative research tool of the human developmental biology. Moreover, organoids derived from embryonic stem cells offer complete understanding of the embryonic process development and insights on development of the stem cells.
- In terms of source, the global organoids market has been bifurcated into pluripotent stem cells (hIPSCs) and organ-speciﬁc adult stem cells (ASCs). The pluripotent stem cells (hIPSCs) segment dominated the global organoids market in 2019, as pluripotent stem cells are preferred for the ability to divide indefinitely for conducting basic research and has wide therapeutic applications.
Organoids Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global organoids market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global organoids market in 2019. This can be ascribed to rise in patients suffering from various diseases, increase in investment in research & development, commercialization of organoid models, and stem cell research.
- The market in Europe is likely to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Development of cerebral organoids for neurological diseases and rise in prevalence of infectious and other diseases are projected to drive the organoids market in the region over the next few years. Investments in research & development on cancer, liver diseases, gastrointestinal diseases for organ regeneration, and stem cell research are likely to augment the organoids market in Europe during the forecast period.
Organoids Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global organoids market include
- STEMCELL Technologies, Inc.
- Cellesce Ltd.
- Hubrecht Organoid Technology
- 3Dnamics, Inc.
- Organoid Therapeutics
- PeproTech, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Corning Incorporated (Life Sciences)
- Merck KGgA
- These players focus on adopting various strategies to expand product offerings and to strengthen the geographic presence across the globe. These have incorporated diverse strategies, including adoption of technological advancements, commercialization of organoids technology, alliances with universities and companies, ongoing studies related to different organoids, merger & acquisitions, and innovation to boost presence across the globe. Moreover, rise in disease prevalence across the globe would prompt companies to initiate awareness campaigns regarding the adoption of organoids for research & development, which, in turn, is projected to augment the global organoids market.
Organoids Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global organoids market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the overall revenue of the global organoids market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global organoids market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global organoids market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global organoids market.
The report comprises an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global organoids market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global organoids market. The next section of the global organoids market report highlights the USPs, which include increase in incidence & prevalence of diseases, including infectious and other chronic disease, adoption of organoids in the research & development, technological advancements, and COVID-19 pandemic impact on the global organoids market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global organoids market. Key players operating in the global organoids market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global organoids market report.
Key Questions Answered in Organoids Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by the global organoids market across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends in the global organoids market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- Which region is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which segment will have the highest revenue globally in 2030, and which type, application, and source segment will expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
Organoids Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global organoids market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global organoids market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global organoids market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y trends of the global organoids market. The next section of the global organoids market report highlights the USPs, which includes increase in incidence and prevalence of diseases, including infectious and other chronic conditions, adoption of organoids in the research & development, technological advancements, and COVID-19 pandemic impact on the global organoids market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key product manufacturers has been mapped to ascertain the size of the global organoids market in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the global organoids market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current organoids market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global organoids market in terms of type, application, source, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2030 has been provided. These valuable insights would help market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global organoids market.
Organoids Market – Segmentation