Shoulder Replacement Market
Shoulder Replacement Market (Procedure: Total Shoulder Replacement, Reverse Shoulder Replacement, Partial Shoulder Replacement, Shoulder Resurfacing, and Revision Shoulder Arthroplasty; End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Orthopedic Clinics) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Shoulder Replacement – Shift from 'Palliative' to 'Curative' Cure
The healthcare industry has been, and will persist under the influence of transmutation, as technological evolution has spawned and accelerated its pace. Shoulder replacement is one such development brought in, as the patient pool of the day prefers staying abreast with surgical treatments and has moved past medicines that have a propensity to be palliative rather than curative. As surgical procedures acclimatize to this shift, advancements in shoulder replacement surgeries become imperative.
With a cohort of macroeconomic factors such as growing geriatric population, microeconomic factors such as rising number of surgeries, and trends favoring reverse shoulder replacement surgeries, Transparency Market Research (TMR) senses enormous growth potential in the market. In its recent study, TMR beings to the fore critical parameters that lay their influences on the shoulder replacement market over the course of the forecast period of 2019-2027.
Identify the key factors that will drive your company’s growth. Request a brochure of this report here
Safer and Reliable Implants: The Future of the Shoulder Replacement Market
Since the first shoulder replacement surgery performed in the 1950s, in North America, it maintained its status quo as an effective procedure in aiding consumers to overcome their shoulder-related challenges. According to our report, the shoulder replacement market value exceled US$ 2,000 Mn in 2018, and projections point toward its continuing dictate bullish prospects for the future.
The shoulder replacement market has been witnessing steady growth, and is likely to scale up by nearly 2X by 2027. The market will remain under the currents of innovations, as advanced surgical procedures make headway toward achieving 'reduced pain' and 'decreased recovery time', which completes the quest of patients leading demanding lifestyles. Advanced surgeries such as reverse shoulder replacement procedures are increasingly gaining traction among patients suffering from torn rotator cuffs, glenohumeral arthritis, and tumors in the proximal humerus in the shoulders, which is likely to set the tone for the future.
TMR finds that, the edge that shoulder replacement surgery has will serve as a leap for yet another innovative procedure, and steadily, the market will climb the growth stairs with an estimated CAGR of over 7% during the period of 2019-2027.
Want to know more such detailed insights of Shoulder Replacement Market? Request a PDF sample here
Hospitals at the Forefront of Adoption
By acquiring nearly half of the revenue share, hospitals are likely to retain their status as the most lucrative end-user segment in the shoulder replacement market. As governments extend their hands and expend in the direction of increasing the number of skilled surgeons, the number of hospitals offering shoulder replacement surgeries is on an increase. However, in recent times, patients are seen opting for shoulder replacement surgeries in ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs), as such centers enhance patient satisfaction with lower infection rates and shorter stays.
Being an established region in terms of hospitals and ASCs, North America has been accommodating, and will continue to cater to the growing demand for shoulder replacement surgeries. Since developed countries hold the reputation of being a hub for 'safe' and 'effective' surgeries, this perception will create favorable opportunities for the North America shoulder replacement market, followed by Europe. However, developing countries can serve as a goldmine of opportunity for investments and expansion for market players.
Asia Pacific is likely to remain an opportunistic region for the shoulder replacement market, as a large geriatric patient pool and dense population in this region can make for an ideal customer base. Wide horizons for the medical tourism sector, in light of government regulations favoring local players, and relatively low surgery costs are likely to add an extra sheen to the lucrativeness of the shoulder replacement market in the region.
However, in developed as well as developing economies, high cost continues to impede the otherwise expected smooth ride of the shoulder replacement market during the forecast period. Financial lucidity of consumers has made them independent enough to spend out-of-the-pocket on their health. However, the costs of these surgeries are high even after an insurance cover, which is preventing the market from realizing its full potential.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Sustainability Implications for the Shoulder Replacement Market
Prioritize the Needs of Patients
Though hospitals have traditionally been the preferred venue for surgeries, the numbers obtained by us foresee a contender - ambulatory surgical centers, which have been upping their game to contend with the former. This brings about a clearer picture, which shows that, patients go in for surgeries that are effective. Putting consumers at the center of the business would also translate into developing implants and procedures that considerably reduce pain and help them recover much faster.
Penetrating into Developing Countries with Cost-effective Products
The growth in medical tourism activities in developing countries can serve as a crucial weapon to target the pool of consumers whose decisions remain heavily reliant on the price tag. Additionally, a huge consumer base with a majority of geriatric population in developing countries awaits proper healthcare facilities, which can be leveraged to gain an edge over competitors.
Analysis of the Competitive Landscape
The shoulder replacement market remains competitive at various levels. The market is significantly being dictated by the top players - Wright Medical Group N.V., DJO Global, Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, and DePuy Synthes, boasting of a royal consumer base. These companies leverage research and development activities to develop surgical solutions and patent them. For instance, in March 2019, Wright Medical Group N.V. presented its novel REVIVE revision shoulder system at the Annual Meeting of American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), in the U.S. This advanced REVIVE prosthesis has been developed to facilitate the humeral reconstruction procedure, and enhance its function and stability. The system will offer independent control over implant rotation and fixation to the surgeons.
Frontrunners in the market are also forming alliances with other contenders to leverage two-way benefits engendered by the venture. Regional players, in contrast, eye the pie dominated by global players, as they acquire a significant share by offering relatively low-cost implants amid declining reimbursement and skyrocketing surgical product cost scenario.
Analysts Take on the Shoulder Replacement Market
The authors of the report maintain a bullish stance on the future of the shoulder replacement market, with a cohort of drivers dictating its growth. The shifting paradox of clinics from anatomic to reverse shoulder surgeries as a panacea to degenerative joint disorders is likely to favor the market. Manufacturers who invest in the development of advanced and customized prosthesis will continue to appeal to the end users and drive impressive sales opportunities. Governments will also play their parts in helping surgeons expand their skill sets, and, in turn, increase the number of expert surgeons. The growing confidence of consumers in advanced surgeries, such as reverse shoulder surgeries, has been encouraging manufacturers to invest in research and development activities for improving patient outcomes and reducing failure rates, while investments in emerging countries can bear fruitful results in the long run.
Global Shoulder Replacement Market: Overview
- The global shoulder replacement market is expected to be valued at nearly US$ 4,000 Mn by 2027.
- This report elaborates on the current scenario and future prospects of the global shoulder replacement market. Rise in the prevalence of shoulder arthritis, proximal humerus fractures, and increase in the geriatric population across the globe are the major drivers of the global shoulder replacement market.
- The global shoulder replacement market report provides an elaborate executive summary, which comprises a glimpse of the various segments of the shoulder replacement market. The report also provides elaborative information and data analysis of the global shoulder replacement market with regard to segments based on procedure, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the global shoulder replacement market provides a detailed qualitative analysis of the drivers and restraints impacting the market, along with the growth opportunities in the shoulder replacement market.
- Additionally, the shoulder replacement market report provides elaborative company profiles and competitive matrix, which give brief data about their business, product portfolio, and competitive landscape in the shoulder replacement market.
- The report on the shoulder replacement market gives a brief data analysis on the market attractiveness by region and the segments in the market.
- The last section of the report provides quantitative and qualitative analysis on the market share of key players operating in the shoulder replacement market. It elaborates the key competitive strategies being adopted by the major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global shoulder replacement market.
Global Shoulder Replacement Market: Key Segments
- In terms of procedure, the global shoulder replacement market has been classified into total shoulder replacement, reverse shoulder replacement, partial shoulder replacement, shoulder resurfacing, and revision shoulder arthroplasty. The reverse shoulder replacement segment held a prominent share in the shoulder replacement market in 2018, and is expected to continue to do so over the forecast years.
- Based on end user, the global shoulder replacement market has been segmented into orthopedic clinics, hospitals, and ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs).
- The shoulder replacement market size and forecast for each of these segments have been provided the duration of 2017 to 2027. The CAGR of respective segments has also been provided for the forecast period of 2019 to 2027, with 2018 as the base year.
Global Shoulder Replacement Market: Regional Outlook
- Based on geographic region, the global shoulder replacement market has been categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. Each geographic region considered in the shoulder replacement market is further sub-divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The North America shoulder replacement market provides the market scenario for the U.S. and Canada. The Europe shoulder replacement market provides the market scenario for the U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the Rest of Europe.
- The Latin America shoulder replacement market provides market scenario for Brazil, Mexico, and the Rest of Latin America. The Asia Pacific shoulder replacement market provides market scenario for China, India, Japan, Australia and New Zealand, and the Rest of Asia Pacific. The Middle East & Africa shoulder replacement market provides market scenario for GCC Countries, South Africa, and the Rest of Middle East & Africa.
- The shoulder replacement market provides market size and forecast values for each region and countries/sub-regions from 2017 to 2027. Compounded annual growth rates (CAGRs) for each of these regions and countries is also provided for the forecast period of 2019 to 2027, with 2018 as the base year. The shoulder replacement market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Mentioned in the Report
- Key players in the global shoulder replacement market are profiled based on important aspects such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies,
- Major companies profiled in the shoulder replacement market are Stryker, Wright Medical Group N.V. (Tornier N.V.), Exatech Inc., Zimmer Biomet, Arthrex, Inc., DePuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson), IntegraLifeScences Corporation, Smith & Nephew, and DJO Global.
Transparency Market Research (TMR) published a report that analyzes the crucial growth influencers of the global shoulder replacement market. The business asset lends incisive information regarding the growth trajectory of the shoulder replacement market during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
The comprehensive study aids readers in weighing the significant dynamics of the shoulder replacement market, backed by reliable statistics and data. The report provides an assessment of significant indicators to gauge the key prospects of the shoulder replacement market, along with forecast statistics in terms of value (US$ Mn). The research report also offers crucial information on the competitive landscape of the shoulder replacement market. The report offers a competitive dashboard consisting of the key strategies adopted by companies. Additionally, notable developments made by the companies are also analyzed and included in the report.
In this study, readers can obtain significant insights into the sale prospects of the shoulder replacement market in various geographies. The report also features important dynamics that encompass vital drivers, challenges, trends, and restraints, which arm the readers with a look at the future behavior of the shoulder replacement market.
What are the Key Questions Answered in the TMR’s Shoulder Replacement Market Report?
Analyzing the drivers determining the growth of the shoulder replacement market, TMR brings to the fore crucial actionable intelligence for the readers. The comprehensive guide can provide key answers to the queries of key industry participants. Some of the questions include:
- What are the notable developments in the shoulder replacement market?
- Which are the key success strategies adopted by prominent manufacturers in the shoulder replacement market?
- Which are the latest trends that influence the growth of the shoulder replacement market?
- What are the restraints encountered by the players operating in the shoulder replacement market period?
- Which region will occupy a majority of the share of the shoulder replacement market during the forecast?
- What are the opportunities for the shoulder replacement market in developing countries?
Transparency Market Research (TMR) follows a systematic approach to come to an estimation of the shoulder replacement market for the forecast period of 2019-2027. TMR takes a bottom-up and top-down approaches to conduct the research of the shoulder replacement market. The bottom-up approach includes finding significant players, their revenue, and the market share generated by these players. In order to carry out primary research, interviews with top industry experts were conducted, which includes chief medical officers, vice presidents, chairmen, directors, presidents, and CEOs.
Secondary research was conducted through company websites, financial reports, investor presentations, press releases, publications, blogs, and journals. The data obtained through primary and secondary research is then validated through the data triangulation method, to filter out any redundant information and offer precise insights into the shoulder replacement market for the forecast period of 2019-2027.
What are the Key Segments of the Shoulder Replacement Market?
TMR’s study bifurcates the shoulder replacement market into categories on the basis of procedure, end user, and region. With the help of the study, readers can gain significant information on how the growth of the shoulder replacement market will unfold under the impacts of changing trends and dynamics. TMR’s research report provides detailed data about the segment-specific trends observed in the shoulder replacement market.
Information regarding Y-o-Y growth, pricing, supply chain, and value chain analysis has been included in the report. Additionally, the report also consists of country-wise assessment of the shoulder replacement market.
Total Shoulder Replacement
Reverse Shoulder Replacement
Partial Shoulder Replacement
Revision Shoulder Arthroplasty
Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Middle East & Africa