Microbiology Culture Market
Microbiology Culture Market (Culture Type: Bacterial Culture and Eukaryotic Culture; Culture Media Type: Simple Media, Complex Media, Synthetic Media, and Special Media; and Application: Food & Water Testing, Bioenergy & Agricultural Research, Cosmetic Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Progress in Biotechnology and Soaring Interest from Food and Cosmetic Industries to Fuel Market Growth
The concept of producing cosmetics, food, and drugs derived from plant tissues and cell culture is not new. Several industries, including pharmaceutical and cosmetic, among others, are increasingly leveraging the technological advancements in the microbiology culture market to launch sustainable and natural products. As the manufacturing sector continues to lean toward sustainable alternatives, microbiology culture has gained a noteworthy popularity over the past couple of decades and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The tectonic shift toward sustainability within the manufacturing industry played an important role in bringing plant cell suspension cultures into the limelight. Moreover, due to advancements in technology and research, the first plant cell culture-based food supplement ingredients, including Toeside and Echigena Plus are now produced commercially.
Significant developments in the plant cell culture-based productions and soaring demand for ‘superfoods’ worldwide are some of the primary factors that are likely to augment the growth of the microbiology culture market in the coming years. Conventional culture media are expected to grow in demand, as they have emerged as the backbone for several microbiological activities in different fields, including research, industrial, and clinical. The significant development in pharmaceutical biology space, along with a surge in demand for antibiotics and a rise in the number of research activities are some of the leading factors that are anticipated to propel the growth of the microbiology culture market during the assessment period. At the back of these factors, the global microbiology culture is expected to reach a market value of ~US$ 10 Bn by the end of 2027.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Microbiology Culture Market
Soaring Demand for Microbiology Culture from Food and Healthcare Industries to Drive Global Market
Technological advancements in the microbiology culture market have led to a significant rise in demand for the same from various industries, including healthcare and food, among others. Within the food industry, progress in food and dairy microbiology is expected to drive the demand for microbiology culture. Technological advancements in starter cultures will play an important role in widening the applications of the microbiology culture in the coming years. With stringent regulations and guidelines being laid down across the world pertaining to food safety and food preservation, innovative microbiological techniques wherein microbiology culture are extensively being used have gained a notable amount of popularity. Recent breakthroughs in biological processing are expected to play an important role in boosting the prospects of the market for microbiology culture during the forecast period. Strides taken by molecular techniques, wherein technological and analytical approaches have been deployed is another factor that is expected to influence the growth of the microbiology culture market.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Plant Tissue Culture Technology Likely to Enhance Crop Quality
Research and activities within the microbiology culture market will play a key role in accelerating the demand. The field of biotechnology continues to evolve at a rapid pace due to which, the market for microbiology culture is expected to witness considerable growth. Over the past decade, plant tissue culture for callus regeneration and induction have emerged as a prerequisite to improving the quality of the wheat via Embryo culture, improving regeneration capabilities, and in vitro mutagenesis. In the past few years, plant tissue culture methods are increasingly being used to enable plant biologists to improve the overall yield and quality of the crops. In addition, multiple cutting-edge technologies and tools are being deployed to improve the efficiency of the breeding process, thereby improving wheat germplasm and develop innovative genetic variations to improve the quality of crops. Conventional breeding techniques have gradually become incompetent and inefficient. Microbiology culture is anticipated to play an imperative role in the production of abiotic and biotic stress-resistant crops that are likely to have an exceptional coping mechanism against climate change. Plant tissue culture has emerged as an important component of biotechnology breeding and offers a great amount of push to crop improvement initiatives worldwide. While microbiology culture was primarily used for extensive research of cell division, biochemistry, and cell growth, at present, its applications extend beyond research. Companies operating in the current microbiology culture market are expected to focus on commercializing the use of plant tissue culture to propagate an array of horticulture crops.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The global microbiology culture market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to strides taken by biotechnology, research & development activities, and progress in pharmaceutical microbiology, and increasing demand from pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. Market players operating in the current market landscape should focus on research and development activities to gain an advantage in the current market landscape. The advent of COVID-19 and its impact on microbiology should be thoroughly investigated to formulate growth strategies in the future. Furthermore, the rising demand for antibiotics to treat a range of diseases is expected to provide fertile grounds for growth for companies operating in the microbiology culture market.
Microbiology Culture Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario and future prospects of the global microbiology culture market. Microbiology culture is the process of culturing microbiological organisms, wherein microorganisms are allowed to reproduce and multiply (grow in number) in a predetermined culture media and controlled laboratory conditions. Various culture methods with a vast range of culture media have been developed for the identification and characterization of microorganisms and are increasingly being used across the world. Presently, these microbiology cultures are used by microbiologists on a large scale in food, beverages, pharmaceuticals, research, cosmetics, and several other industries.
- Increase in demand for improved antibiotics, improving food microbiology, rise in life science research funding, and high prevalence of foodborne and other infectious diseases are key factors driving the global microbiology culture market. Moreover, the microbiology culture market is witnessing strong growth due to rise in food safety concerns; increase in number of food recalls; evolving pathogens; growing press coverage and public awareness; and increase in demand in other industries.
- Additionally, the industry is expected to expand at a rapid rate during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increased food sourcing due to rise in global food demand and supply. This, in turn, would require advanced culture methods and media for fast and accurate microbial analysis. Microbiology culture methods are the principal diagnostic methods used to determine the cause of infectious diseases by culturing the pathogen in a preset medium.
- The report provides an elaborate executive summary, which includes a snapshot of various segments of the global microbiology culture market. It also provides information and data analysis of the global microbiology culture market with regards to segments based on culture type, culture media type, application, and region.
- The overview section of the microbiology culture market report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers, restraints, and opportunities that impact the global microbiology culture market
- The report includes company profiles that provide information about their business, product portfolios, and competitive landscape in the global microbiology culture market
- The report on the global microbiology culture market also offers market attractiveness analysis of regions and segments
- The last section of the global microbiology culture market report comprises quantitative and qualitative analysis on market share/position of key players operating in the global microbiology culture market. It analyzes key competitive strategies adopted by major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global microbiology culture market.
- Market size of the global microbiology culture market and forecast for each of the segments have been provided from 2017 to 2027. The CAGRs of respective segments have also been provided from 2019 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year.
Microbiology Culture Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global microbiology culture market has been segmented into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Israel, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region considered in the market has been further divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The microbiology culture market report provides size and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2017 to 2027. The CAGR for each of these regions and countries has also been provided for the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The microbiology culture market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Covered in Microbiology Culture Market Report
- Key players in the global microbiology culture market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major players having presence in the global microbiology culture market include
- Dickinson and Company
- bioMérieux S.A
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Eiken Chemical Co, Ltd.
- EMD (Merck) Millipore
- Hi-Media Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
- Neogen Corporation
- Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC
- Scharlab S.L.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Microbiology Culture Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global microbiology culture market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the revenue of the global microbiology culture market for the period from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global microbiology culture market from 2019 to 2027.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global microbiology culture market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global microbiology culture market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global microbiology culture market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global microbiology culture market. The next section of the global report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, key mergers & acquisitions, technological advancements, and key developments in the global microbiology culture market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global microbiology culture market. Key players operating in the global microbiology culture market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global microbiology culture market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Microbiology Culture Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global microbiology culture market?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments of the global microbiology culture market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the global microbiology culture market in terms of revenue by 2027?
- How mergers & acquisitions among players are widening the scope for the market?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the global microbiology culture market?
Microbiology Culture Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global microbiology culture market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. The report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and health care compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global microbiology culture market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global microbiology culture market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the global microbiology culture market. Furthermore, a Y-o-Y analysis with elaborated insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y trends of the global microbiology culture market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario, reimbursement scenario, key mergers & acquisitions, technological advancements, and key industry developments in the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into smaller ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global microbiology culture market in terms of culture media type, culture type, application, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2027 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global microbiology culture market.
Microbiology Culture Market - Segmentation
Culture Media Type
Food & Water Testing
Bioenergy & Agricultural Research
Middle East & Africa