Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market
Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market (Product: Vital Sign Monitors and Special Monitors; Application: Cardiovascular Diseases, Diabetes, Cancer, Hypertension, Infections, Bronchitis, Dehydration, Sleep Disorder, Weight Management & Fitness Monitoring, and Others; and End User: Hospital-based Patients, Homecare, Ambulatory Patients, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Increasing Awareness Pertaining to Benefits and Entry of Multiple Remote Patient Monitoring Devices to Aid Market Growth
The healthcare sector around the world has witnessed major developments over the past couple of years due to unprecedented progress in technology and efforts made in the research and development space. One of the major developments across the healthcare domain that has garnered immense popularity over the past decade is that of remote patient monitoring due to which, the demand for remote patient monitoring devices has witnessed considerable growth. The remote patient monitoring technology has advanced at a rapid pace over the past few years and the trend is set to gain further momentum during the forecast period due to increasing adoption of various novel technologies, including artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things (IoT).
As the remote patient monitoring trend continues to gain popularity within the healthcare system in major regions of the world, the dependence on this type of patient care has witnessed consistent growth. Remote patient monitoring enables physicians and other healthcare providers to assess the real-time data of patients and provide efficient care– a factor that is expected to propel the remote patient monitoring devices market during the assessment period.
Due to the consistent progress in technology, a number of smart remote patient monitoring devices has entered the market. While traditional medical device manufacturers largely catered to requirements of hospitals and clinics, with the growing popularity of remote patient monitoring, a number of remote patients monitoring devices are available that are utilized by consumers.
At the back of these factors, along with the growing emphasis on leveraging technology to improve the monitoring of patient health outside the conventional clinical settings, the global remote patient monitoring devices market is on course to surpass the market value of US$ 3.4 Bn by the end of 2030. Moreover, a number of players involved in the current medical devices domain is increasingly focusing on launching cutting-edge, cost-efficient, and reliable remote patient monitoring devices. Due to this, the demand for remote patient monitoring devices is likely to witness a further growth during the assessment period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market
Market Players Aim to Minimize Size of Remote Patient Monitoring Devices
Due to the advent of remote patient monitoring devices, hospital readmissions around the world have witnessed a drastic decline– a trend that has played a key role in augmenting the demand for remote patient monitoring devices. However, patient satisfaction levels witnessed steady growth. The demand for remote patient monitoring devices, particularly to monitor the vital health parameters of senior citizens is expected to witness steady growth during the forecast period, as home-based care trend continues to gain considerable traction in both developed as well as developing regions of the world.
At present, players involved in the current remote patient monitoring devices market landscape are increasingly focusing on minimizing the size of remote patient monitoring devices. Moreover, several players are also focusing on expanding their market share by launching new products and forging strategic partnerships with other market players to gain an advantage in the current remote patient monitoring devices market landscape.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Device Makers Focus on Product Launches to Increase Market Share
Witnessing the growing adoption of remote patient monitoring devices, a number of players in the remote patient monitoring devices market is primarily focusing on expanding their product portfolio and launching remote patient monitoring devices to expand their market share. For instance, in August 2020, Stasis Lab launched an app-connected remote monitoring platform in the U.S. wherein six vital signs of the body can be efficiently monitored in a remote setting. Similarly, in August 2020, Validic announced the launch of a new remote patient monitoring solution that does not require additional EHR integration.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market
Demand on Rise amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The outbreak of the novel COVID-19 pandemic is expected to provide a considerable boost to the global remote patient monitoring devices market in 2020. Due to considerable rise in the number of COVID-19 patients across hospitals and medical centers worldwide, the demand for remote patient monitoring devices witnessed steady growth. The demand for remote patient monitoring devices witnessed a major rise, especially among patients suffering from chronic diseases. The lack of clear access coupled with uncertainty involved with hospital visits due to the fear of contracting the COVID-19 infection is another factor that is likely to play a key role in boosting the growth of the remote patient monitoring devices market in 2020.
The global remote patient monitoring devices market is expected to expand at a staggering CAGR of 12.5% during the forecast period. The market growth can be largely attributed to factors such as advancements in technology, increasing focus on improving public health, rising consumer awareness regarding the benefits of remote patient monitoring devices, and dwindling prices of remote patient monitoring devices. Furthermore, several traditional medical device manufacturers are gradually expanding their product portfolio and focusing on the launch of remote patient monitoring devices integrated with advanced technologies, including the IoT due to which, the demand for remote patient monitoring devices is likely to gain further momentum.
Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global remote patient monitoring devices market for the historical period (2018–2019) and the forecast period (2020–2030), increase in demand for remote patient monitoring devices, owing to the COVID-19 pandemic is projected to drive the global remote patient monitoring devices market in the near future
- According to the report, the global remote patient monitoring devices market was valued at US$ 0.8 Bn in 2019. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 12.5% from 2020 to 2030.
Increasing Prevalence of Chronic Diseases
- According to the World Health Organization, chronic diseases are projected to account for almost three-quarters of all deaths worldwide in 2020, of which 71% of deaths due to the ischemic heart disease (IHD), 75% of deaths due to stroke, and 70% of deaths due to diabetes are estimated to occur in developing countries. The number of people in developing countries with diabetes is anticipated to increase by more than 2.5-fold, from 84 million in 1995 to 228 million by 2025.
- According to the World Health Organization, prevalence of chronic disease is expected to rise by 57% by the end of 2020. Healthcare expenditures increase significantly, sometimes exponentially, with each additional chronic condition with greater specialist physician access, emergency department presentations, and hospital admissions.
- Chronic diseases have been a major driver of healthcare costs, while also impacting workforce patterns, including, of course, absenteeism. According to the Centers for Disease Control, in the U.S. alone, chronic diseases account for nearly 75% of aggregate healthcare spending, or an estimated US$ 5,300 per person annually.
- According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 6 in 10 adults in the U.S. have a chronic disease. Chronic diseases are likely to affect an estimated 164 million people in the U.S.– nearly half (49%) of the population– by 2025. Prevention and management of chronic disease are best performed by multidisciplinary teams in primary care and public health. According to Project HOPE: The People-to-People Health Foundation, Inc., the number of people with chronic mental disorders may increase from 30 million to 47 million by 2023. Similar increases are forecast for virtually every common chronic condition.
Rising Awareness Regarding Healthcare
- Improvements in medical treatment and healthcare systems have resulted in higher survival rates from disease and injury, with many people continuing to live with some form of residual impairment
- Healthcare is a prominent sector in the U.S. According to CDC statistics, 600,000 people in the U.S. die every year due to heart disease. As documented, the healthcare cost in the U.S. was US$ 3 Trn in 2014, which equates to about 20% of the GDP.
- Importance of integrated primary healthcare services and management of chronic diseases is gaining momentum, and the artificial dichotomy between diseases is slowly receding in favor of a combined approach, which is likely to benefit all conditions
- Healthcare sector in India is expected to reach Rs 19.57 lakh crore (US$ 280 Bn) by 2020. Rising income level, greater health awareness, increased precedence of lifestyle diseases, and improved access to insurance are likely to be key contributors to growth. Health insurance is gaining momentum in India.
Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global remote patient monitoring devices market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global remote patient monitoring devices market is moderately fragmented with the presence of a large number of leading players in the global market and several small players in regional markets. The top players hold major share of the global remote patient monitoring devices market.
- Prominent players operating in the global remote patient monitoring devices market include
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- GE Healthcare
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Omron Healthcare
- Medtronic Plc.
- Welch Allyn
- Abbott Laboratories
- Masimo Corporation
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd.
- The report on the global remote patient monitoring devices market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of vaccines. The ‘competition landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global remote patient monitoring devices market.
Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global remote patient monitoring devices market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global remote patient monitoring devices market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global remote patient monitoring devices market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ vaccines, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global remote patient monitoring devices market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global remote patient monitoring devices market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global remote patient monitoring devices market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global remote patient monitoring devices market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global remote patient monitoring devices market. Key players operating in the global remote patient monitoring devices market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global remote patient monitoring devices market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of devices and its companies in the global remote patient monitoring devices market and its application segment?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global remote patient monitoring devices market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global remote patient monitoring devices market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable regional market for remote patient monitoring device providers?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the global remote patient monitoring devices market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global remote patient monitoring devices market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global remote patient monitoring devices market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the global remote patient monitoring devices market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, device portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers who contributed to TMR’s study on the global remote patient monitoring devices market’s primary sources.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from remote patient monitoring devices market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global remote patient monitoring devices market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global remote patient monitoring devices market more reliably and accurately.
Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market – Segmentation