Oral Thin Films Market
Oral Thin Films Market (Product: Sublingual Film, Fast Dissolving Oral Film, and Buccal Film; Indication: Pain Management, Neurological Disorders, Nausea & Vomiting, Opioid Dependence, and Others; and Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Bucillamine Thin Film Innovations Hold Promising Potentials in COVID-19 Treatment
Healthcare and pharmaceutical companies have been under pressure for drug innovations to treat coronavirus in patients. The introduction of COVID-19 vaccines by the Indian Government has lowered the pressure on pharmaceutical companies to launch drugs for the novel infection. Nevertheless, companies in the oral thin films market are increasing their R&D efforts. Revive Therapeutics— a specialist in life sciences, is carrying out R&D to explore the potentials of Bucillamine for thin film products that treat coronavirus.
Moreover, in order to keep economies running, manufacturers in the oral thin films market are introducing product innovations using psilocybin and by collaborating with researchers. They are experimenting with a range of dosage forms using psilocybin, owing to its versatility through physio-chemical characterization, i.e. tensile strength of films.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Oral Thin Films Market
Multiple Polymer-based Layers Overcome Thin Film Shortcomings
The oral thin films market is projected to reach the value of US$ 6.6 Bn by the end of 2030. However, it has been found that the small size of oral thin films leads to limited drug load capacities as compared to tablets and capsules. Hence, manufacturers are innovating in single and multiple polymer-based layers with the intended form of APIs (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients).
On the other hand, manufacturers in the oral thin films market are faced with common misconceptions that these films can only carry aqueous soluble drugs. On the contrary, there are demonstrations that show the incorporation of poorly water soluble BCS II/IV drugs into orally disintegrating films that dissolve in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Elongation at Break, Tear Resistance Form Important Factors for Manufacturing
Fast wetting, disintegration, and dissolution with large surface areas of oral thin films are translating into incremental opportunities for pharmaceutical companies. They are leveraging business opportunities to manage schizophrenia and migraine, since neurological conditions are estimated to dominate the highest revenue among all indication types in oral thin films market during the assessment period.
The oral thin films market is projected to advance at a robust CAGR of ~9% during the forecast period. Manufacturers are keeping in mind mechanical properties of drug eluting oral thin films, such as elongation at break and tear resistance, which are important factors for manufacturing, handling, and transportation. Companies are aiming to achieve precise dosing and flexibility in oral thin films so that they can be perforated and manipulated in size and thickness for the delivery of highly uniformed doses.
Supplement Dosage Administration Being Transformed by Indian Companies
Companies in the India oral thin films market are revolutionizing the way supplement dosage is administered in patients and individuals. Aavishkar Oral Strips, a Hyderabad-based company, is innovating in products that enable effective delivery mechanism of supplement dosage as per user convenience. Manufacturers in the global oral thin films market are taking cues from such companies to develop products that include active substances directly into the bloodstream. This improves bioavailability and makes it easier for controlled dosage.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Apart from increasing R&D in oral strips to treat COVID-19, manufacturers are innovating in oral thin films that revolutionize supplement dosage, as an increasing number of individuals have adapted to a sedentary lifestyle. The quick and straightforward process of manufacturing oral strips as compared to tablets and capsules have grabbed the attention of pharmaceutical companies in the oral thin films market. However, there is a lack of knowledge and expertise to consistently generate a good product with homogeneity of API and desired pharmacokinetic profile. Hence, companies should increase their R&D to make improvements in manufacturing processes such as solvent casting and hot metal extrusion to consistently innovate in high quality oral strips.
Oral Thin Films Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario and future prospects of the global oral thin films market. Rise in penetration of oral thin films in oral drug delivery systems and increase in the prevalence of dysphagia are key factors that are projected to drive the global oral thin films market during the forecast period.
- The report includes an elaborate executive summary, which provides a snapshot of various segments of the global oral thin films market. It also provides information and data analysis of the oral thin films market with regards to segments based on product, indication, distribution channel, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers, restraints, and opportunities that impact the global oral thin films market
- The report includes company profiles, which provide information about their business, product portfolios, and competition landscape in the global oral thin films market
- The report on the oral thin films market offers market attractiveness analysis of regions and segments
- The last section of the report comprises quantitative and qualitative analyses on market share/position of key players operating in the global oral thin films market. It analyzes key competitive strategies adopted by major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global oral thin films market.
Oral Thin Films Market: Key Segments
- In terms of product, the global oral thin films market has been classified into sublingual film, fast dissolving oral film, and buccal film
- Based on indication, the global oral thin films market has been categorized into pain management, neurological disorders, nausea & vomiting, opioid dependence, and others. The neurological disorders segment dominated the global oral thin films market in 2019, owing to higher incidence rate of neurological disorders, and increase in the prescription of oral thin films for the treatment of schizophrenia and opioid dependence.
- In terms of distribution channel, the global oral thin films market has been divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The online pharmacies segment is expected to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2030. Benefits such as convenience, discounted products, large number of options, and detailed product description offered by online pharmacies are likely to drive the segment during the forecast period.
- Market size and forecast for each of these segments have been provided from 2018 to 2030. The CAGR of respective segment has also been provided from 2020 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year.
Oral Thin Films Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global oral thin films market has been divided into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region considered in the market has been further divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The oral thin films market report provides size and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2018 to 2030. The CAGR for each of these regions and countries has also been provided for the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The oral thin films market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Covered in Oral Thin Films Market Report
- Key players in the global oral thin films market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the oral thin films market report are
- ZIM Laboratories Limited
- Indivior plc
- Aquestive Therapeutics, Inc.
- LIVKON Pharmaceuticals pvt. Ltd.
- Shilpa Therapeutics Pvt. Ltd
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- NAL Pharma
- Cure Pharmaceutical
- IntelGenx Corp.
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Kyu Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
- Seoul PharmaCo
- C.L. Pharm
Oral Thin Films Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global oral thin films market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides revenue of the global oral thin films market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global oral thin films market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global oral thin films market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global oral thin films market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global oral thin films market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global oral thin films market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global oral thin films market. Key players operating in the global oral thin films market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global oral thin films market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Oral Thin Films Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global oral thin films market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments of the global oral thin films market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the global oral thin films market in terms of revenue by 2030?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for oral thin films treatment?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the global oral thin films market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global oral thin films market?
A unique methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global oral thin films market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global oral thin films market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the oral thin films market as primary methods.
These primary research respondents have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the oral thin films market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global oral thin films market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenue of each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global oral thin films more reliably and accurately.
Oral Thin Films Market – Segmentation