Uro-Gynecological Surgical Devices Market: Overview
Uro-gynecology is an important aspect of medical science and is considered as an important stream of surgical studies. Uro-gynecology is defined as, ‘subspecialty of female reconstructive surgery and pelvic medicines’. According to medical education norms accepted globally, a surgeon specialized in uro-gynecology should use FPMRS as a part of his/her degree, which denotes Female Pelvic Medicines and Reconstructive Surgery.
The scope of the uro-gynecology is very extensive. It includes female pelvic floor and urinary incontinence disorders, treatment and management. These diseases may isolate the patient from society and make her offensive to herself and her family. The major diseases that included in uro-gynecology are urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, vaginal septum, cystocele, overactive bladder, vesicovaginal fistula, painful intercourse, lichen planus and many others.
Uro-Gynecological Surgical Devices Market: Segmentation
The market for uro-gynecological surgical devices is segmented on the basis of types of products, such as, urological surgery devices, trocars and endoscopes. Urological surgical devices segment is divided into urethral stents, sling and suspension devices, endometrial ablation devices, gynecological surgery devices and others. Trocars segment is divided into curettage systems, tubal occlusion systems and others. Whereas, endoscopes segment is further split into cystoscope, laparoscopes, falloposcope, fluid management systems and others.
The uro-gynecological surgical devices market is also divided on the basis of procedure and devices associated with it, such as, dilation and curettage procedure, uterine balloon therapy, hysteroscopy procedure, tubal ligation procedure and myomectomy procedure. Moreover, the market is also segmented on the basis of disease specific surgeries, such as, pelvic organ prelapse, urinary incontinence, and others.
Uro-Gynecological Surgical Devices Market: Region-wise Outlook
The uro-gynecological surgical devices market is segmented on the basis of geography, such as, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). At present, North America and Europe are the most prominent markets, owing to extensive research practices and gradually rising prevalence of the disease. However, Asia-Pacific and some countries in RoW region are expected to show lucrative growth in upcoming period, owing to enhanced awareness about disease and its diagnosis and growth in surgical practices and procedures.
Uro-Gynecological Surgical Devices Market: Trend and Opportunities
The market for uro-gynecological surgical devices is expected to grow rapidly during the forecast period 2014 – 2020. This growth is driven by many factors, such as, rising prevalence of women gynecological diseases (ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and others) and extensive R&D practices for development of new devices. This is coupled with technological advancement, increasing awareness in developed and developing countries and other drivers that supports the growth of the uro-gynecological surgical devices market in upcoming 5 years to 10 years.
According to the U.S. Ovarian Cancer National Institute’s estimates, in 2014, around 14,250 deaths will occur in the U.S. due to ovarian cancer (2.5% of total cancer deaths). Similarly, according to American Society of Clinical Oncology, in 2012, around 55 thousand women in the U.S. were diagnosed with uterine cancer. Hence, increasing prevalence of disease is an important cause that propels the growth of the uro-gynecological surgical devices market.
Further, due to technological advancements, a number of new and innovative devices are entering into the uro-gynecological surgical devices market. For instance, MiniArc System by American Medical Systems, Quill SRS series by Angiotech and Endoscope protection systems by Gyrus ACMI have been recently introduced in the market. On the other hand, major restraints include high cost of surgical procedures and limited technological penetration in large region of the world (mainly APAC and RoW region). These restraints are expected to create hurdle in the growth of the uro-gynecological surgical devices market.
Companies Mentioned in the Report
Major players operating in the uro-gynecological surgical devices market include Stryker Corporation, Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic, Inc., Ethicon, Inc., Gyrus ACMI, and Cook Urological, Inc. amongst others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.