Nurse Call Systems Market
Nurse Call Systems Market (Equipment - Nurse Call Intercoms, Basic Audio/Visual Nurse Call Systems, Digital Nurse Call Systems, IP-based Nurse Call Systems, and Nurse Call Mobile Systems; Communication Technology - Wireless Communication and Wired Communication; End-user: Hospitals, Assisted Living Centers, Nursing Homes, and Clinics) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Volume, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Nurse Call Systems Market - Snapshot
The nurse calling system is an innovative and highly useful product that gives dependable service to the patients. Nurse calling system ensures guarantee of service to all patients in the ward. In addition to that, the wireless and wired models both ease product installation in hospitals, which is prophesized to influence growth of the global nurse call systems market over the timeline of forecast.
There are several factors that contribute to the growth of the global nurse call systems market. The rising need for integrated and diversified platforms with a growing preference for mobility equipment is likely to drive the demand for nurse call systems. Changing scenario of reimbursement is estimated to trigger market growth as well.
Rise in the Home Healthcare and Nursing Home Facilities to Push Market Demand
The modern-day nurse call systems come with several different options and features. Some of the most usual and important components of a nurse call system comprise the below-mentioned
- Pillow speaker (or call light)
- Desk console
- Wall station
- Code blue
- Bed cable
Augmented adoption of real-time location system that is incorporated into the wireless technologies of many healthcare facilities is likely to fuel the global nurse call systems market. Real-time location system enables healthcare facilities to track down attendants’ movement and movement of the equipment to improve productivity. This feature is likely to work in favor of the global nurse call systems market in the years to come.
Besides, there has been a rise in nursing home and home healthcare facilities. Many of the leading players in the healthcare industry are emphasizing on the need to improve the time of patient response together with reducing the tiredness of nurses. Many market players are differentiating their product offerings through incorporation of their devices with various technologies and diagnostic solutions. Such factors are likely to support expansion of the global nurse call systems market in near future.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global nurse call system Market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, Increasing need for efficient and responsive health care communication, Increasing budget allocation for health care of elderly population, Rise in number of people suffering from various disabilities, Reduced redundant nursing activities, Aging population and Nursing shortage are the factors projected to drive the global nurse call system Market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global nurse call system market was valued at US$ 1.27 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 10.9% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Nurse Call Systems Market
Increasing need for efficient and responsive health care communication: Key Drivers
- Nursing staff need to be vigilant and responsive in order to ensure high quality of health care services and patient safety. With the help of nurse call systems, health care organizations are able to achieve seamless communication and streamlining of nursing activities. In addition, nurse call systems enable health care institutions to prioritize nursing calls based on the emergency and type of request registered by patients.
- Nurse call systems have become increasingly important in supporting existing nursing staff in efficiently carrying out duties at assisted living centers and skilled nursing facilities. Such systems offer higher productivity and quality of nursing services in institutions which employ relatively new and inexperienced nurses.
Increasing budget allocation for health care of elderly population Boost Market Growth
- Increasing median age population has induced numerous countries across the world to focus on providing better health care facilities and services. Factors such as rising dependency ratio and retirement of baby boomers have led to the growing need for improved social care and continued health care services for aged population.
- For instance, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in the U.S., spending on freestanding nursing care facilities and Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC) increased by 2.4% in 2013 to reach US$ 155.8 Bn as compared to US$ 152.2 in 2012.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Government regulations on manufacture and distribution of nurse call systems to Hamper Market
- According to recent changes made by the International Medical Device Regulators Forum (IMDRF) in the definition of medical devices, nurse call systems would be considered medical devices.
- In the U.S., nurse call systems are regulated under the Medical Device Data Systems (MDDS) legislation promulgated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Hence, nurse call systems need the 510K premarket approval for legal sale and distribution in North America.
- In the European Union, nurse call systems are regulated by the European Commission’s Directorate General for Health and Consumers. Hence, nurse call systems in Europe need to adhere to a patient safety requirement called EN 60601-1 falling under the Medical Device Directive (MDD) for the sale and distribution of nurse call systems in the region. Following the changes in norms and regulations, the nurse call systems market may face a few restraints across the world.
Introduction of real time communication and collaboration solutions to restrain the growth of the market
- Advancement in health care IT and rising technological advancement such as introduction of real time communication and collaboration solutions are likely to hamper the growth of the nurse call systems market
- A report by Red Hat stated that around 30% of nurse call systems will be replaced by real time communication and collaboration systems by 2019
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Nurse Call System Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global Nurse Call System Market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global nurse call system market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global nurse call system market are
- Ascom Holding AG
- Azure Healthcare Limited
- Cornell Communications
- Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.
- Jeron Electronic Systems, Inc.
- STANLEY Healthcare
- TekTone Sound & Signal Mfg., Inc.
- Tyco SimplexGrinnell
- Vigil Health Solutions, Inc.
- Rauland-Borg Corporation (Acquired by Ametek, Inc.)
- Honeywell International Inc. (Ackermann) among others
Global Nurse Call System Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global nurse call system market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global nurse call system Market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global nurse call system market are:
- Ascom announced introduction of Ascom Telligence into Europe, Asia, and Middle East & Africa in April 2017 and in North America in February 2017. Ascom Telligence connects patients, staff, clinical data, support services, and medical devices and simplifies and smoothens communications and workflows between all the departments involved in frontline care.
- In June 2017, Ascom secured a nationwide contract with one of the largest multi-institutional Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) in the U.S. Ascom's full health care platform is included in the contract, from nurse call and mobility such as the purpose-built smartphone Ascom Myco 2 to middleware (Ascom Unite) and software
- Azure Healthcare Limited focuses on new product development supporting health care systems. For instance, in February 2016, the company launched Tacera Pulse Software Platform which is an important step in Azure’s development of next generation clinical business intelligence solution.
- Azure Healthcare Limited focuses on expansion through acquisitions and market penetration. For instance, in December 2012, the company acquired Sedco Communications Pty Ltd. in Australia and took over Sedco Communication’s businesses in various geographical locations including Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Indonesia, and the Middle East. This acquisition helped the company to increase its presence and market share in Asia Pacific.
- In May 2014, Cornell Communications, Inc. launched its Inform Wireless Nurse Call System, which offers various features including text and talk, tracking, reporting, and other response services
- In April 2013, Cornell Communications, Inc. launched Area of Rescue Emergency Communication System. The system allows over 200 remote stations to communicate directly through a microphone or loudspeaker with hands-free technology.
- In September 2015, Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc. completed its US$ 2.05 Bn acquisition of Welch Allyn, a provider of patient and customer service. Under the terms of the agreement, Welch Allyn shareholders received US$ 1.625 Bn in cash and approximately 8.1 million newly-issued shares of Hill-Rom common stock.
The report on the global nurse call system market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of nurse call system. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global nurse call system market.
TMR’s report on the Global Nurse Call System Market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the Global Nurse Call System Market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the Global Nurse Call System Market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the Global Nurse Call System Market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the Global Nurse Call System Market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the Global Nurse Call System Market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the Global Nurse Call System Market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the Global Nurse Call System Market. Key players operating in the Global Nurse Call System Market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the Global Nurse Call System Market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Nurse Call System Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the Global Nurse Call System Market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the Global Nurse Call System Market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the Global Nurse Call System Market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for Nurse Call System providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the Global Nurse Call System Market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the Global Nurse Call System Market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the Global Nurse Call System Market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the Global Nurse Call System Market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the Nurse Call System market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the Nurse Call System market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the Global Nurse Call System Market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the Global Nurse Call System Market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Nurse Call System Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Nurse Call System Market – Segmentation
Type of Equipment
Communication Technology Type
End User Region