Emergency Splints Market: Introduction
- Emergency medical splints are supportive medical devices used to keep intact the position of any suspected fractures in the leg, arm, neck, or spine
- These splints are primarily used to provide pain relief at fractured limb, support the bone ends of fractured site, prevent bone protruding through skin and soft tissues, and facilitate safe and seamless causality transport
- These splints are available in two basic types: flexible and rigid. These are made of different materials such as plaster, fiberglass, metals, plastic boards, and bandages.
Emergency Splints Market: Key Drivers
- The global emergency splints market is primarily driven by high prevalence and increase in incidence rate of orthopedic disorders leading to bone fractures. According to the International Osteoporosis Foundation, more than 200 million people were affected with osteoporosis across the globe in 2015. Moreover, the global annual incidence rate of hip fracture is about 1.7 million.
- Large number of road traffic injuries across the globe is one of the key factors likely to fuel the growth of the global emergency splints market during the forecast period
- According to the World Health Organization, road traffic crashes account for around 1.35 million deaths across the globe every year
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Emergency Splints Market Report
Rigid Splints Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of product, the global emergency splints market can be bifurcated into rigid splints and flexible splints. The rigid splints segment in projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Rigid splints are used to prevent movement of fractured arm or leg. These are made of plastic, fiber materials, or metals. Wide applications of rigid splints in the orthopedic & rehabilitation centers, low cost, and easy availability are anticipated to contribute to the segment’s significant market share during the forecast period.
- The flexible splints segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Rise in demand and adoption of flexible splints, new product development, and ease of use are likely to boost the growth of the segment in the near future.
Plaster Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities
- Based on material, the global emergency splints market can be classified into plaster, fiberglass, bandages, and others
- The plaster segment is anticipated to dominate the global emergency splints market from 2019 to 2027. Plaster is the most commonly and widely preferred material for emergency splints. It offers several advantages over other materials such as it is more pliable and has slower setting time.
Upper Extremity to be Most Attractive Segment
- In terms of application, the global emergency splints market can be categorized into upper extremity, lower extremity, and others
- The upper extremity segment can be segregated into elbow, hand & wrist, neck, and shoulder. The lower extremity segment can be split into ankle & foot, hip, and knee.
- The upper extremity segment is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for market players during the forecast period
Hospitals Segment to Dominate Global Emergency Splints Market
- In terms of end-user, the global emergency splints market can be divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinics, and others
- The hospitals segment is likely to dominate the global emergency splints market during the forecast period owing to large number of orthopedic surgeries performed in these facilities, easy availability of splints, and availability of skilled professionals in hospitals.
Asia Pacific Emergency Splints Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global emergency splints market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. High prevalence of orthopedic disorders, large number of musculoskeletal surgical procedures, and increase in number of road traffic accidents are attributed to the region’s dominant market share from 2019 to 2027.
- The emergency splints market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Growth of the market in Asia Pacific is attributed to rise in number of trauma injuries and accidental cases, and increase in number of orthopedic surgeries in the densely populated countries such as India and China.
- Moreover, rapid growth of the health care industry in Asia Pacific, easy access to health care facilities, and increase in investments in health care by leading players are expected to fuel the growth of the market in the region
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Emergency Splints Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Emergency Splints Market
- The global emergency splints market is highly fragmented, with large number of domestic players holding majority share in respective regions. Key players operating in the global emergency splints market are:
- DJO Global, Inc.
- 3M Company
- Zimmer Biomet
- Me.Ber. srl
- DeRoyal Industries, Inc.
- Stryker Corporation
- HERSILL S.L.
- Paramed International
- Össur Corporate
Global Emergency Splints Market: Research Scope
Global Emergency Splints Market, by Product
- Rigid Splints
- Flexible Splints
Global Emergency Splints Market, by Material
Global Emergency Splints Market, by Application
- Upper Extremity
- Hand & Wrist
- Lower Extremity
- Ankle & Foot
Global Emergency Splints Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Emergency Splints Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.