Emergency Splints Market: Introduction
- Emergency medical splints are supportive medical devices used to keep intact the position of any suspected fractures in the leg, arm, neck, or spine
- These splints are primarily used to provide pain relief at fractured limb, support the bone ends of fractured site, prevent bone protruding through skin and soft tissues, and facilitate safe and seamless causality transport
- These splints are available in two basic types: flexible and rigid. These are made of different materials such as plaster, fiberglass, metals, plastic boards, and bandages.
Emergency Splints Market: Key Drivers
- The global emergency splints market is primarily driven by high prevalence and increase in incidence rate of orthopedic disorders leading to bone fractures. According to the International Osteoporosis Foundation, more than 200 million people were affected with osteoporosis across the globe in 2015. Moreover, the global annual incidence rate of hip fracture is about 1.7 million.
- Large number of road traffic injuries across the globe is one of the key factors likely to fuel the growth of the global emergency splints market during the forecast period
- According to the World Health Organization, road traffic crashes account for around 1.35 million deaths across the globe every year
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Emergency Splints Market Report
Rigid Splints Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of product, the global emergency splints market can be bifurcated into rigid splints and flexible splints. The rigid splints segment in projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Rigid splints are used to prevent movement of fractured arm or leg. These are made of plastic, fiber materials, or metals. Wide applications of rigid splints in the orthopedic & rehabilitation centers, low cost, and easy availability are anticipated to contribute to the segment’s significant market share during the forecast period.
- The flexible splints segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Rise in demand and adoption of flexible splints, new product development, and ease of use are likely to boost the growth of the segment in the near future.
Plaster Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities
- Based on material, the global emergency splints market can be classified into plaster, fiberglass, bandages, and others
- The plaster segment is anticipated to dominate the global emergency splints market from 2019 to 2027. Plaster is the most commonly and widely preferred material for emergency splints. It offers several advantages over other materials such as it is more pliable and has slower setting time.
Upper Extremity to be Most Attractive Segment
- In terms of application, the global emergency splints market can be categorized into upper extremity, lower extremity, and others
- The upper extremity segment can be segregated into elbow, hand & wrist, neck, and shoulder. The lower extremity segment can be split into ankle & foot, hip, and knee.
- The upper extremity segment is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for market players during the forecast period
Hospitals Segment to Dominate Global Emergency Splints Market
- In terms of end-user, the global emergency splints market can be divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinics, and others
- The hospitals segment is likely to dominate the global emergency splints market during the forecast period owing to large number of orthopedic surgeries performed in these facilities, easy availability of splints, and availability of skilled professionals in hospitals.
Asia Pacific Emergency Splints Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global emergency splints market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. High prevalence of orthopedic disorders, large number of musculoskeletal surgical procedures, and increase in number of road traffic accidents are attributed to the region’s dominant market share from 2019 to 2027.
- The emergency splints market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Growth of the market in Asia Pacific is attributed to rise in number of trauma injuries and accidental cases, and increase in number of orthopedic surgeries in the densely populated countries such as India and China.
- Moreover, rapid growth of the health care industry in Asia Pacific, easy access to health care facilities, and increase in investments in health care by leading players are expected to fuel the growth of the market in the region
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Emergency Splints Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Emergency Splints Market
- The global emergency splints market is highly fragmented, with large number of domestic players holding majority share in respective regions. Key players operating in the global emergency splints market are:
- DJO Global, Inc.
- 3M Company
- Zimmer Biomet
- Me.Ber. srl
- DeRoyal Industries, Inc.
- Stryker Corporation
- HERSILL S.L.
- Paramed International
- Össur Corporate
Global Emergency Splints Market: Research Scope
Global Emergency Splints Market, by Product
- Rigid Splints
- Flexible Splints
Global Emergency Splints Market, by Material
Global Emergency Splints Market, by Application
- Upper Extremity
- Hand & Wrist
- Lower Extremity
- Ankle & Foot
Global Emergency Splints Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Emergency Splints Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.