Auto Keratometer Market: Introduction
- Keratometry is the concept of measuring anterior surface of cornea curvature across a fixed chord length. Keratometer, also known as opthalmometer, is the instrument used to measure the curvature. Auto keratometer is a type of keratometer based on the principle of constant image size and variable image size. Auto keratometer is a compact device and comparatively easier to operate. This keratometer allows reflecting corneal image on an electronic photosensitive device which then records size and radius of the curvature.
- Auto Keratometer (automated keratometer), also known as auto refractor keratometer, is the instrument used in measurement of refractor error degree in the eye. This automated refractor is a computer-controlled machine used in the eye examination and offers optimal refractive error measurements. Furthermore, auto keratometers are used in assessing the patient condition in pre and pro refractive surgeries and have extended applications in ophthalmology. Myopia (nearsightedness) and hyperopia (farsightedness) are common vision problems and mainly occur due to refractive errors. Auto keratometer can perform spherical and cylindrical measurements in a range of -30 to +25D/±10D respectively. These provide cornea’s peripheral and central curvatures at various points and are widely used in determining astigmatism in the patient.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Auto Keratometer Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Auto Keratometer Market
- Increase in incidence of myopia and other refractive errors, launch of ophthalmic instruments offering accurate readings, and technological advancements are major driving factors for the auto keratometer market. Furthermore, rise in awareness about astigmatism and its diagnosis is likely to be another driving factor for the auto keratometer market. Increase in number of ophthalmic clinics in the developing regions and diagnosis accuracy offered by auto keratometer are likely to drive the global market. Availability of various treatments such as lenses and Lasik surgery, are expected to lower the complications of astigmatism condition.
- Manufacturers have integrated auto refractor in the products in order to improve efficiency which has enhanced accuracy and demand of the auto keratometers. Surge in number of patients suffering from post-cataract surgery and pre-existing astigmatism condition is another prevailing factor for the market growth globally. High cost of auto keratometers over manual keratometers is major restraining factor for the auto keratometer market.
North America to Lead Global Auto Keratometer Market
- In terms of region, the global Auto Keratometer Market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the auto keratometer market during the forecast period, owing to technological advancements in development of automated keratometer, growing demand of diagnosis of refractory errors, prevalence of astigmatism condition, supportive health care expenditure, government initiatives, and creating awareness about astigmatism condition in the region. Presence of key players in developing automated keratometer is major boosting factor for growth of the market in the region. Moreover, surge in health care expenditure and advanced health care facilities are anticipated to fuel the growth of the auto keratometer market in the region. Europe is estimated to hold the second largest share of the global market followed by Asia pacific in the next few year. Growing demand and availability of automated keratometer, and increasing health care expenditure are major factors boosting the auto keratometer market in Europe.
- Asia Pacific is a fastest growing region in the next few years, owing to the growing patient population suffering from astigmatism condition. According to the WHO, the prevalence of myopia is higher in younger adults among population of Asia. Prevalence of myopia is recorded higher in East Asia. Moreover, China, Japan, and Singapore had a total prevalence rate of myopia up to 50% in 2015. Comparatively, the prevalence of myopia estimated as per NCBI research was around 6.8% to 21.6% in 2016 globally.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Auto Keratometer Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Auto Keratometer Market
The market of auto keratometer is consolidated and major share is captured by prominent few players. Major Key players involved in offering auto keratometers are:
- NIDEK CO., LTD
- Topcon Corporation
- INNOVA Medical
- Luneau Technology Group
- Coburn Technologies, Inc.
- Carl Zeiss AG
- AMETEK Inc. and Reichert Inc.
- SCHWIND eye-tech-solutions
Global Auto Keratometer Market: Research Scope
Global Auto Keratometer Market, by Product Type
- Handheld Auto Keratometer
- Benchtop Auto Keratometer
Global Auto Keratometer Market, by Application
- Other Ophthalmic Conditions
Global Auto Keratometer Market, by End-user
- Ophthalmic clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
Global Auto Keratometer Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.