Auto Keratometer Market: Introduction
- Keratometry is the concept of measuring anterior surface of cornea curvature across a fixed chord length. Keratometer, also known as opthalmometer, is the instrument used to measure the curvature. Auto keratometer is a type of keratometer based on the principle of constant image size and variable image size. Auto keratometer is a compact device and comparatively easier to operate. This keratometer allows reflecting corneal image on an electronic photosensitive device which then records size and radius of the curvature.
- Auto Keratometer (automated keratometer), also known as auto refractor keratometer, is the instrument used in measurement of refractor error degree in the eye. This automated refractor is a computer-controlled machine used in the eye examination and offers optimal refractive error measurements. Furthermore, auto keratometers are used in assessing the patient condition in pre and pro refractive surgeries and have extended applications in ophthalmology. Myopia (nearsightedness) and hyperopia (farsightedness) are common vision problems and mainly occur due to refractive errors. Auto keratometer can perform spherical and cylindrical measurements in a range of -30 to +25D/±10D respectively. These provide cornea’s peripheral and central curvatures at various points and are widely used in determining astigmatism in the patient.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Auto Keratometer Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Auto Keratometer Market
- Increase in incidence of myopia and other refractive errors, launch of ophthalmic instruments offering accurate readings, and technological advancements are major driving factors for the auto keratometer market. Furthermore, rise in awareness about astigmatism and its diagnosis is likely to be another driving factor for the auto keratometer market. Increase in number of ophthalmic clinics in the developing regions and diagnosis accuracy offered by auto keratometer are likely to drive the global market. Availability of various treatments such as lenses and Lasik surgery, are expected to lower the complications of astigmatism condition.
- Manufacturers have integrated auto refractor in the products in order to improve efficiency which has enhanced accuracy and demand of the auto keratometers. Surge in number of patients suffering from post-cataract surgery and pre-existing astigmatism condition is another prevailing factor for the market growth globally. High cost of auto keratometers over manual keratometers is major restraining factor for the auto keratometer market.
North America to Lead Global Auto Keratometer Market
- In terms of region, the global Auto Keratometer Market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the auto keratometer market during the forecast period, owing to technological advancements in development of automated keratometer, growing demand of diagnosis of refractory errors, prevalence of astigmatism condition, supportive health care expenditure, government initiatives, and creating awareness about astigmatism condition in the region. Presence of key players in developing automated keratometer is major boosting factor for growth of the market in the region. Moreover, surge in health care expenditure and advanced health care facilities are anticipated to fuel the growth of the auto keratometer market in the region. Europe is estimated to hold the second largest share of the global market followed by Asia pacific in the next few year. Growing demand and availability of automated keratometer, and increasing health care expenditure are major factors boosting the auto keratometer market in Europe.
- Asia Pacific is a fastest growing region in the next few years, owing to the growing patient population suffering from astigmatism condition. According to the WHO, the prevalence of myopia is higher in younger adults among population of Asia. Prevalence of myopia is recorded higher in East Asia. Moreover, China, Japan, and Singapore had a total prevalence rate of myopia up to 50% in 2015. Comparatively, the prevalence of myopia estimated as per NCBI research was around 6.8% to 21.6% in 2016 globally.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Auto Keratometer Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Auto Keratometer Market
The market of auto keratometer is consolidated and major share is captured by prominent few players. Major Key players involved in offering auto keratometers are:
- NIDEK CO., LTD
- Topcon Corporation
- INNOVA Medical
- Luneau Technology Group
- Coburn Technologies, Inc.
- Carl Zeiss AG
- AMETEK Inc. and Reichert Inc.
- SCHWIND eye-tech-solutions
Global Auto Keratometer Market: Research Scope
Global Auto Keratometer Market, by Product Type
- Handheld Auto Keratometer
- Benchtop Auto Keratometer
Global Auto Keratometer Market, by Application
- Other Ophthalmic Conditions
Global Auto Keratometer Market, by End-user
- Ophthalmic clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
Global Auto Keratometer Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.