Hydrophobic Intraocular Lens Market: Introduction
- The hydrophobic intraocular lens market is tracing a steady growth trajectory, despite unfavorable growth conditions brought in by the cost-prohibitive nature and the shortage of ophthalmologists. As found by several researches, a staggering rise in ophthalmic incidents and ocular conditions has been observed since the past few years. The National Eye Institute has found that 36 million people in the U.S. were detected with ocular diseases in 2016. Rapid rise in number of patients opting for vision correction procedures is likely to exert a profound influence on the vertical movement of the market.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Hydrophobic Intraocular Lens Market
- Global geriatric population is increasing at a steady rate, owing to factors such as increased life expectancy due to improved access to better health care facilities across the world and rise in awareness about chronic diseases. According to the United Nations (UN) and the U.S. Census Bureau statistics, the global geriatric population rose from 562 million in 2012 (8% of total population) to 617 million in 2015 (8.5% of total population), and is expected to reach a staggering 1.4 billion by 2030. This has led to increasing number of vision correction procedures such as LASIK, cataract surgeries, and other procedures driven by rising number of age-related eye disorders. Aging population and rising number of vision correction procedures are attributed to the growth of the global hydrophobic intraocular lens market.
- Hydrophobic intraocular lenses are categorized into standard hydrophobic intraocular lens and premium hydrophobic intraocular lens, depending upon the various functions performed by the products, pricing, and other factors. Premium hydrophobic intraocular lenses consist of intraocular lenses such as accommodative IOL, aspheric IOL, and toric IOL. These IOLs are a result of constant innovation and technological advancements in the intraocular lens segment. Premium hydrophobic intraocular lenses are priced higher than standard hydrophobic intraocular lenses; however, adoption of these hydrophobic intraocular lenses is constantly increasing, owing to factors such as better visual performance, reduced rates of astigmatism, and greater spectacle independence. Increase in awareness about premium hydrophobic intraocular lens combined with favorable recommendations from health care providers, and better acceptance from patients across the world are expected to drive the global intraocular lens market during the forecast period.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Hydrophobic Intraocular Lens Market Report
Premium Hydrophobic Intraocular Lens Segment Attributed to Rapid Growth in Global Market
- In terms of product type, the premium hydrophobic intraocular lens segment is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period
- Hydrophobic intraocular lenses have undergone significant evolution and constant innovations through various generations of products, technologies used for manufacturing, and materials used for the composition of the lenses. The initial generation intraocular lenses were associated with numerous disadvantages, which were studied and rectified in a process of constant upgrade of products.
- Procedures of hydrophobic intraocular lens implantations have also undergone innovations, where the new techniques and instruments allow ophthalmologists to place the lens with a minimal incision to the eye and less time requirements, resulting in patient convenience and better healing with less post-operative complications.
- These advances and innovations in the hydrophobic intraocular lens products and procedures along with increasing awareness and acceptance of hydrophobic intraocular lens are expected to drive the global hydrophobic intraocular lens market
Hospitals segment and Ophthalmology Clinics segment to Lead Global Hydrophobic Intraocular Lens Market
- Both hospitals and ophthalmology clinics segments are anticipated to capture nearly half of the revenue share and remain as highly lucrative end-user segments of the global hydrophobic intraocular lens market during the forecast period. Increase in incidence of cataract and other age-related eye disorders, ease of access to hospitals, and better health care facilities provided by hospitals, especially in emerging economies, are factors driving the hospitals segment. Moreover, ophthalmologists around the world are setting up independent ophthalmology clinics to offer personalized care to patients which promotes the growth of the ophthalmology clinics segment.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Hydrophobic Intraocular Lens Market
Manufacturers in the global hydrophobic intraocular lens market are increasingly investing in the research & development of new and innovative techniques to manufacture hydrophobic intraocular lens. These players also focus on offering highly-efficient and reliable products to provide better protection against breakage and fragility.
The global hydrophobic intraocular lens market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a large number of regional players. A high competition has been observed among the hydrophobic intraocular lens market players due to competitive pricing for the sales and marketing of products. Market players focus on strategic partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and product launches to increase market share.
Moreover, strong competition in the global hydrophobic intraocular lens market is prompting companies to expand in regions with high growth potential, while maintaining their current share in the global hydrophobic intraocular lens market. In such a market scenario of the global hydrophobic intraocular lens market, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG focuses on its core business to stay ahead of its competitors. The company strives to expand its business in countries in Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Hydrophobic Intraocular Lens Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Leading companies operating in the global market are:
- Abbott Medical Optics Inc. (Johnson & Johnson Vision)
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Bausch & Lomb Incorporated
- Novartis AG
- Rayner Intraocular Lenses Limited
- Hoya Surgical Optics
- STAAR SURGICAL
- Ophtec BV
Global Hydrophobic Intraocular Lens Market: Scope
Global Hydrophobic Intraocular Lens Market, by Product Type
- Standard Hydrophobic Intraocular Lens
- Premium Hydrophobic Intraocular Lens
Global Hydrophobic Intraocular Lens Market, by End-user
- Ophthalmology Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Eye Research Institutes
Global Hydrophobic Intraocular Lens Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.