Bartter Syndrome Treatment Market: Introduction
- Bartter syndrome is a group of genetic diseases known to cause specific defects in kidney functioning. It is caused by the alteration in one of the several genes, including SLC12A1 gene, KCNJ1 gene, CLCNKB gene, BSND gene, and MAGED2 gene. These defects affect the kidney’s salt reabsorption ability and leads to fluid and electrolyte imbalances in the body. The major electrolytes affected include mineral salts such as magnesium, chloride, sodium, potassium, and calcium.
- The three primary forms of Bartter syndrome are antenatal Bartter syndrome, classic Bartter syndrome, and Gitelman syndrome. Antenatal Bartter syndrome usually starts before birth and is a life-threatening condition. Classic Bartter syndrome usually starts after birth, leading to developmental delays affecting overall growth. Gitelman syndrome is a sub-type of Bartter syndrome which usually happens from the age of six to adulthood.
- The symptoms of the disease vary for all individuals and also vary among individuals with the same condition. However, the common symptoms include general feeling of being unwell, frequent urination, slower than normal developmental growth, severe thirst, increasing cravings for salt, cramping and muscular weakness, and constipation. The various forms of Bartter syndrome have varied manifestations depending on the underlying genetic defect, including hypocalcemia, nephrocalcinosis, and hearing loss.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Bartter Syndrome Treatment Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Bartter Syndrome Treatment Market
- Bartter syndrome is one of the rare diseases which can be diagnosed by prenatal testing. Over 90% of neonatal Bartter syndrome can be detected in the 26th week of pregnancy. Effective treatment of the disease at this stage increases the chances of survival of the fetus and prevents the progression of the disease to renal failure. Growing focus on genetic testing during pregnancy is projected to increase the treatment of Bartter syndrome. Additionally, identification of dominant carriers for the disease and rise in levels of genetic counselling drive demand for Bartter syndrome treatments. This in turn contributes to the growth of the global Bartter syndrome treatment market.
- Continuous investment in research & development on the diagnosis and treatment of Bartter syndrome is projected to fuel the growth of the global Bartter syndrome treatment market. High investments by key players and initiatives by governments for research & development on the treatment of Bartter syndrome are anticipated to propel the global Bartter syndrome treatment market. According to the National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc. (NORD), Bartter syndrome is quite rare and occurs in approximately one in 100,000 people in the general population.
- However, high cost of genetic testing procedures and the lack of effective and specific treatment for Bartter syndrome is likely to have a negative impact on the growth of the global Bartter syndrome treatment market. Furthermore, the lack of awareness among people owing to its rarity of occurrence is projected to hamper the growth of the global Bartter syndrome treatment market during the forecast period.
North America to Lead Global Bartter Syndrome Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global Bartter syndrome treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global Bartter syndrome treatment market owing to rise in awareness among people about prenatal genetic testing, increase in the number of prenatal genetic tests performed, well-established health care infrastructure, and presence of leading players. The exact prevalence of the disease cannot be ascertained; however, the prevalence of Bartter syndrome in Costa Rica is estimated to be around 1.2 cases per 100,000 live births.
- Europe was the second largest market for Bartter syndrome treatments in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for Bartter syndrome treatments, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Developing health care facilities, rise in awareness about the screening of this rare disease, and investments in clinical trials are anticipated to augment the Bartter syndrome treatment market in Asia Pacific. Growth of the Bartter syndrome treatment market in the region can be attributed to higher prevalence of Gitelman syndrome, a subtype of Bartter syndrome in countries in Asia compared to other countries. Additionally, the late onset of type 4 Bartter syndrome has been reported in Japan, contributing to the rise in demand for treatment of Bartter syndrome. This boosts the growth of the Bartter syndrome treatment market in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Bartter Syndrome Treatment Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Bartter Syndrome Treatment Market
Key players operating in the global Bartter syndrome treatment market include:
- Novartis AG
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Abbott Laboratories
Focus on establishing a strong pipeline for the treatment of Bartter syndrome can provide significant opportunities to players in the Bartter syndrome treatment market.
Global Bartter Syndrome Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Bartter Syndrome Treatment Market, by Disease Type
- BS Type 1
- BS Type 2
- BS Type 3
- BS Type 4
- BS Type 5
Global Bartter Syndrome Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS)
- Potassium and Magnesium Supplements
- Aldosterone Antagonists
- Angiotensin-converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitors
Global Bartter Syndrome Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Bartter Syndrome Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.