Parenteral Nutrition Market
Parenteral Nutrition Market (Type of Nutrition - Carbohydrates, Parenteral Lipid Emulsions, Single Dose Amino Acid Solutions, Trace Elements, Electrolytes and Minerals, Vitamins) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global parenteral nutrition market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, rising incidence of chronic diseases and growing approvals to novel parenteral nutrition components are projected to drive the global parenteral nutrition market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global parenteral nutrition market was valued at US$ 5.6 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Parenteral Nutrition Market
High Incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases across the globe: Key Driver
- High prevalence and rise in incidence rate of chronic diseases across the globe is a key factor driving the global parenteral nutrition market.
- The rise in cancer, AIDS, diabetes, Crohn’s disease, gastro-intestinal disorders, and short bowel syndrome cases has also fuelled the consumption of parenteral nutrition in recent years
- For instance, according the National Kidney Foundation stated around 10% of the world’s population is affected by chronic kidney disease each year.
- Furthermore, rise in cases of malnutrition among the geriatric population is fuelling the growth of global parenteral nutrition market.
- For instance, as per the National Resource Center on Nutrition, Physical Activity & Aging, around 1 million housebound older people are malnourished every year in North America
- Moreover increase in approvals of novel parenteral components and rise in research & development activities by major companies for new product development are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of global parenteral nutrition market.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Side effects and complications related to parenteral nutrition products hamper the market growth
- Inappropriate usage of parenteral nutrition maximizes the potential risk of adverse events such as refeeding syndrome, particulate contamination, catheter infections, and liver dysfunction to the patients undergoing the therapy. This factor can restrain the market growth.
- For instance, an article published by the American Society for Nutrition in 2014 indicated that long-term parenteral nutrition therapy significantly increases the risk of liver disease and metabolic complications in patients.
Global parenteral nutrition Market: North America dominated the global market
- On the basis of region, the parenteral nutrition market is segmented as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America region dominated the global market owing to higher prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes in the region, growing approval of U.S. FDA approved parenteral nutrition products in recent years, and higher R&D investment funding by major companies.
- However, Asia-Pacific region is considered as the most lucrative market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The growth is mainly ascribed to factors such as growing aging population which is more prone to chronic diseases, growing awareness of parenteral nutrition, and improving healthcare infrastructure in the region.
Global Parenteral nutrition Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global parenteral nutrition market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global parenteral nutrition market is highly consolidated, with a few global players accounting for a major share in market.
- Leading players operating in the global Parenteral nutrition market are
- Allergan plc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- B.Braun Melsungen AG
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- Grifols, S.A.
Baxter International, Inc.
- Vifor Pharma Management Ltd.
- Sichuan Kelun Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.,
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Parenteral nutrition Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global parenteral nutrition market are engaged in regulatory approvals, new product development, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global parenteral nutrition market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global Parenteral nutrition market are:
- In 2018, Fresenius Kabi AG has launched mofKabiven extra Nitrogen, a three-chamber bag with a special protein-energy ratio, in Europe.
- In July, 2017, Baxter International, Inc., has acquired Claris Injectables Limited, which was a wholly owned subsidiary of Claris Lifesciences Limited.
The report on the global parenteral nutrition market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of parenteral nutrition. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global parenteral nutrition market.
TMR’s report on the global parenteral nutrition market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global parenteral nutrition market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global parenteral nutrition market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global parenteral nutrition market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global parenteral nutrition market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global Parenteral Nutrition market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global Parenteral Nutrition market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global Parenteral Nutrition market. Key players operating in the global Parenteral Nutrition market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global Parenteral Nutrition market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Parenteral Nutrition market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global parenteral nutrition market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global parenteral nutrition market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in pipeline products on the global parenteral nutrition market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for parenteral nutrition providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global parenteral nutrition market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global parenteral nutrition market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global parenteral nutrition market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global parenteral nutrition market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the Parenteral Nutrition market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the Parenteral Nutrition market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global Parenteral Nutrition market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global Parenteral Nutrition market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Parenteral Nutrition market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Parenteral Nutrition market – Segmentation
Parenteral Lipid Emulsions
Single Dose Amino Acid Solutions
Trace Elements, Electrolytes & Minerals
Middle East & Africa