Pharmaceutical industry has many segments of drugs which is used in manufacturing of tablets, capsules and other treatment products. Some of the drugs are legal, which can used for manufacturing but some of the drugs are illegal, which cannot be used by pharmaceutical industry for manufacturing and the drugs are also not available in the market, without proper permission from respective government associations. Controlled substances come under illegal drugs which need government permission to be used by pharmaceutical industry, research institutes and others for manufacturing of drugs. Controlled substances is a category of addictive drugs, if the person is caught with controlled substances can be taken under law for penalty or prison in some cases. Controlled substances as cocaine or heroin, LSD, peyote, oxycontin, opium and others. The legal act has also been made by federal government, known as Controlled Substances Act of 1970 (CSA).
Controlled Substances Market: Drivers & Restraints
Controlled substances market is growing market over the forecast period, as the pharmaceutical industries are getting the license for using controlled substances in medical use for manufacturing tablets, capsules and other products. According to WHO 5.5 billion people or 83% of the world’s population, in the country with low or non-existent access to controlled medicines for the treatment. The approval process and government regulation are the hindrances including the high cost.
Controlled Substances Market: Segmentation
Controlled substances market is segmented on the basics of:
Based on Type
- Used in Medical
Based on Schedules
- Schedule I
- Schedule II
- Schedule III
- Schedule IV
- Schedule V
Based on End User
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industry
- Research Institutes
Based on Geography
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Controlled substances market is a developing market as some of the pharmaceutical industries are using for developing the product for the treatment, the schedule II drugs are mostly used in drug market for managing the drug abuse persons, pain management, and mostly in Oncology treatment. For manufacturing schedule II drugs, the manufacturers have to follow certain rules, prescribed by the government, as all the manufacturing should be monitors under CCTV cameras, intruder alarm system, fortified external walls and doors and all the level of production should be properly documented.
Some players in controlled substances as Albany Molecular Research Inc. (AMRI), Genzyme Corporation, Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC. (PPD), Glatt Air Techniques , Inc., Isolation Systems, Inc., UPM Pharmaceuticals Inc, Chemic Laboratories, Inc. and Cerilliant Corporation, Patheon Inc.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.