Fish Collagen Peptides Market
Fish Collagen Peptides Market (Type: Fish Skin & Scales and Fish Bones & Fins; Application: Bone & Joint Health, Nutraceuticals, Cosmeceuticals, and Pharmaceuticals) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Cosmetic and Pharmaceutical Potential of Fish Collagen Peptides Foster Innovation
Being a rich source of bioactive compounds, including peptides and proteins, fish have instigated immense interest among pharmaceutical and nutraceutical manufacturers. The fish collagen peptides market has gained popularity, owing to their reported effectiveness in skin care and hair care, and ongoing bioactivities among these industries are feeding research for the development of innovative and more effective cosmeceutical products.
As the marine ecosystem serves as an abundant resource of bioactive substances, the vast bioavailability is widening the scope for innovation in the fish collagen peptides market. Transparency Market Research (TMR), in its latest offering, provides a comprehensive assessment on how the fish collagen peptides market will evolve between 2019 and 2027. TMR’s new study offers actionable insights for stakeholders in the fish collagen peptides market, which can arm decision-makers with value-based information so as to adopt appropriate business strategies.
Identify the key factors that will drive your company’s growth. Request a brochure of this report here
Consumers are Transitioning from Mammalian Collagen to Marine Collagen Peptides
With the rise of the health & wellness tide, consumer awareness about the importance of proteins has grown significantly. Though collagens are naturally present in the human body, their production reduces with age, and this has led to inducing a dependence on external protein supplies. As plenty of collagens are found in other animal proteins, consumers have turned to dietary supplements with collagens derived from animals to satisfy the body’s need for this protein.
The demand for animal-based collagen has surged in the past few years, which has triggered the number of bovine and porcine collagen products available on the market. However, religious constraints have been driving a shift from mammalian collagen towards marine collagen peptides. In 2018, the fish collagen peptides market reached a valuation of ~US$ 250 million, and is expected to witness ~8% year-over-year growth in 2019.
In the coming years, the fish collagen peptides market is expected to witness healthy growth, and rising concerns about animal-transmitted diseases such as swine fever and bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) will continue to bolster developments in the market. In addition, the lower allergy potential of fish collagen peptides than mammalian collagen will further boost sales in a wider range of end-use industries in the foreseeable future.
Want to know more such detailed insights of “Fish Collagen Peptides Market ”? Request a PDF sample here
Cosmeceuticals: A Profitable End-use Industry for the Fish Collagen Peptides Market
Increasing consumer awareness about the health benefits of fish collagen peptides in reducing joint pain and improving gut health will continue to be an important factor driving sales in the fish collagen peptides market space. However, marine collagen is gaining popularity for its effects on improving skin elasticity and hair health. Eventually, growing concerns about skin and hair care are opening new avenues of growth for fish collagen peptides in the cosmeceutical industry.
Despite the limited evidence about the effectiveness of marine collagen in anti-aging applications, the demand for fish collagen peptides has remained higher in cosmeceuticals than in any other application. The cosmeceutical industry accounts for ~40% revenue share of the fish collagen peptides market, and this trend will continue to prevail in the coming years. Manufacturers are capitalizing on the increasing demand for fish skin and scales in the cosmeceutical industry to gain an edge in the fish collagen peptides market.
Leading players in the fish collagen peptides market are adopting strategies to boost profitable sales with the rise in demand across other industries such as pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals. However, high production costs and stringent regulatory standards remain among the top challenges for manufacturers in this landscape. The extensiveness of manufacturing techniques employed in isolating collagen from fish will continue to add to manufacturing costs. This, coupled with lengthy approvals and certification procedures, is likely to create a demand-supply gap in the fish collagen peptides market, in the future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Collagen-based Drug Delivery Systems to Remain an Integral Part of Market Leaders’ Strategies
Fish collagen peptides are rapidly replacing bovine and porcine collagen in various nutraceutical and cosmeceutical products. While manufacturers in the fish collagen peptides market are focusing on expanding their presence in these end-use industries, the regained and growing interest in antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) is creating new opportunities for collagen peptide-based drug delivery systems. Leading players in the fish collagen peptides market are likely to increase concentration on research & development (R&D) for the identification and characterization of novel AMPs, to capitalize on the new trends in the peptide-based drugs and drug delivery landscape, in the coming years.
Leading stakeholders in the fish collagen peptides market are also increasing focus on strengthening their networks of distributors to consolidate their position in the market. For instance, in 2018, Amicogen, Inc., a South Korean company, engaged in the development, production, and distribution of enzymes, entered into an agreement with Kang Maislin, a health and beauty distributor, for the establishment of a joint venture. The company announced that it aims to establish a fish collagen peptides facility as well as sales office in Qingdao, China, in order to get an access to raw material supply in the country.
In February 2019, Capsugel Belgium NV (Lonza) announced that it expanded of its distribution agreement with Quadra Chemicals Ltd (Quadra) in Canada. With this agreement, the company aims to boost the sales of its full range of consumer health and nutrition ingredients, including its UC-II undenatured type II collagen, in the country.
Authors of TMR’s study of the fish peptides market remain optimistic about its growth prospects, and estimate that the market will grow 2X between 2019 and 2027. A tectonic shift from bovine and porcine collagens to marine collagens will remain the key driving engine for the fish collagen peptides market space. Manufacturers who capitalize on the increasing growth of the cosmeceutical industry will gain momentum in the fish collagen peptides market in the coming years.
Leading players in the market are likely to continue to leverage the enhanced bioavailability for the growth of their fish collagen peptides business, and build their future strategies around novel collagen-based drug delivery systems. Innovation will remain the key to win in the fish collagen peptides market, as the number of new players entering the market is multiplying rapidly with the burgeoning growth of the cosmeceutical industry.
In addition, introducing innovative products to address the unmet demand from the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industry will remain vital for stakeholders to strengthen their position in the fish collagen peptides market in the coming years.
Novel Product Development to Boost Global Market for Fish Collagen Peptides
- The global fish collagen peptides market was valued at ~US$ 250 Mn in 2018. The fish collagen peptides market is projected to reach ~US$ 500 Mn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~8% from 2019 to 2027.
- Manufacturers of fish collagen peptide products are launching new products in order to provide enhanced treatment options for wound care and orthopedic applications.
- In March 2018, Rousselot, a prominent manufacturer of gelatin for the pharmaceutical, food, and nutrition industries, announced the launch of Peptan IIm, a hydrolyzed collagen type II matrix. Peptan IIm is a new joint health supplement that offers multiple benefits.
- The launch of new products is expected to address the key unmet medical needs of millions of individuals who suffer from mobility-related health issues such as bone health and joint health problems.
Increase in Social Awareness about Personal Well-being Fuels Growth of Fish Collagen-based Nutraceuticals
- Presently, people are more concerned about health and lifestyle, which has increased the demand for dietary supplements. In case of personal well-being, people are opting for functional foods and nutraceuticals to prevent age-related diseases and improve health.
- Major factors driving the nutraceuticals segment in the fish collagen peptides market are awareness, affordability, and accessibility. Nutraceuticals are used by the geriatric population and sportspersons, as these are a rich source of proteins and other essential supplements.
- According to the European Nutraceutical Association (ENA), lack of nutrition accounted for 38.6% of deaths in developing countries such as China, India, and Brazil. Hence, deficiencies due to nutrition are not related to the economic classes, but to the type of food consumed by people.
- Factors driving the nutraceuticals segment in the fish collagen peptides market are rise in age-related health concerns, improving economic conditions, surge in healthcare awareness, increase in geriatric population, and changing lifestyles. Additionally, mergers and acquisitions, new prebiotic/probiotic product launches, and heart health-enhancing nutraceuticals are expected to augment the segment in the fish collagen peptides market.
Increase in Preference for Marine Collagens in Cosmetic Industry
- Increase in preference for minimally or non-invasive surgical procedures drives growth and acceptance of fish collagen peptide products. For instance, marine collagens, in particular, are being presented as excellent functional ingredients for the cosmetic industry because of several properties such as anti-aging, anti-wrinkling, UV radiation protectors, and excellent moisturizing action.
- Rise in the usage of dermal fillers and nutrition supplements supports the uptake of marine collagen products as compared to invasive cosmetic procedures. Marine collagen-based materials prevent moisture and heat loss from the wounded tissue, while also providing a microbial infiltration barrier. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, soft tissue fillers (EVOLENCE collagen filler) accounted for a significant share of minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures in 2014. The number of procedures increased by 3.0% over 2013.
- These facts substantiate the preference for minimally-invasive or non-invasive collagen-based products. Furthermore, topical collagen formulations and food supplements are capable of providing the benefits of cosmetic surgeries. High preference for these procedures is attributed to ease of treatment, affordable treatment options, increase in access to therapy service providers, and safe procedures.
- Therefore, these factors are propelling fish collagen peptide products to be well-positioned in the esthetic treatment market. Additionally, manufacturers in the fish collagen peptides market are making significant investments in the development of novel formulations with high efficacy and reliability.
North America Prominent in the Fish Collagen Peptides Market
- The fish collagen peptides market report offers detailed segmentation of the global fish collagen peptides market based on type, application, and region. In terms of type, the fish collagen peptides market has been classified into fish skin & scales and fish bones & fins.
- Based on application, the global fish collagen peptides market has been categorized into bone & joint health, nutraceuticals, cosmeceuticals, and pharmaceuticals.
- In terms of region, the global fish collagen peptides market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, China, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa.
Companies Profiles in the Fish Collagen Peptides Market Report
The report provides profiles of leading players operating in the global fish collagen peptides market. Some of the key companies doing business in the fish collagen peptides market are
- GELITA AG
- Amicogen, Inc.
- Capsugel Belgium NV (Lonza)
- Vivesa Holding S.R.O.
- Nitta Gelatin, Inc.
- Norland Products, Inc.
- Rousselot (Darling Ingredients, Inc.)
- Hangzhou Nutrition Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
Transparency Market Research (TMR) recently published a market study on the global market for fish collagen peptides. The study is a complete analysis of the key market dynamics, including industry drivers, restraints, trends, and the fish collagen peptides market structure. The market study presents thorough information, and it elucidates how the fish collagen peptides market will expand during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
The information mentioned in study can help stakeholders in the fish collagen peptides market, including fish collagen peptide manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and retailers, in adopting appropriate business strategies. The study includes facts and statistics about the macro and microeconomic factors that are influencing the growth of the market. It also offers a projection on the future trends in the fish collagen peptides market.
Stakeholders in the fish collagen peptides market, investors, industry experts, researchers, and journalists, as well as business analysts can leverage the information and data presented in TMR’s report. Furthermore, new entrants, small businesses, and start-ups entering the fish collagen peptides market too, can benefit from the information presented in this study, and make value-based decisions in order to gain an edge in the market.
The indicator assessment of the market is featured in the report, which defines the key prospects of growth in the fish collagen peptides landscape, and estimates on the growth of the market in terms of value (US$ million) during the forecast period. Readers can find exclusive information about the potential rise in sales and demand for fish collagen peptides across countries is mentioned in the report.
What are the Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Fish Collagen Peptides Market Report?
- Who are the leading players in the fish collagen peptides market?
- How will the pricing change in the fish collagen peptides market during the forecast period?
- What are the low-hanging opportunities for stakeholders in the fish collagen peptides market?
- What are the key strategies of manufacturers in the fish collagen peptides market to strengthen their position in developing countries?
- How will changing trends in the food industry influence the trends in the fish collagen peptides market?
- Which factors will impede growth of the fish collagen peptides market during the forecast period?
A robust approach and unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct the trend analysis for the fish collagen peptides market, and reach conclusions about market size-related information. Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the fish collagen peptides market study include statistics from governmental organizations, white papers, trade journals, and internal and external proprietary databases.
Exclusive information provided by primary resources acts as a validation from industry players, and makes TMR’s estimates on the growth of the fish collagen peptides market more reliable. Analysts have interviewed c-level executives of companies in the supply chain of the fish collagen peptides market, who were the primary resources for the TMR study.
34% primary research was carried out with industry experts, which included CEOs, presidents, directors, chairmen, vice presidents, and chief medical officers. 41% primary research was carried out with fish collagen peptide distributors, suppliers and general physicians, and the rest of the 25% primary research involved interviews with doctors, physicians, healthcare professionals, dermatologists, cosmetologists, etc.
What are the Key Segments of the Fish Collagen Peptides Market?
TMR’s study on the fish collagen peptides market divides information into three broader categories - type, application, and region. This report offers detailed information about how the growth will discern for the fish collagen peptides market, by understanding the influence of important dynamics and growth prospects associated with the aforementioned segments.
Fish Skin & Scales
Fish Bones & Fins
Bone & Joint Health
Middle East & Africa