Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market: Introduction
- Upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) is a medical condition caused by acute infection that involves parts of the upper respiratory tract such as larynx or pharynx, sinuses, and nose. Pharyngitis, sinusitis, laryngitis, tonsillitis, common cold, and otitis media are some of the most common upper respiratory tract disorders. Upper respiratory tract disorders are caused due to the direct invasion of the mucus membrane by bacteria or viruses. Sneezing, rhinorrhea, nasal congestion, sore throat, nasal discharge, cough, fever, malaise, and odynophagia are some of the most common symptoms observed in patients diagnosed with upper respiratory tract disorders. Other symptoms of the disease are headache, hyposmia, foul breath, sinus pain, shortness of breath, vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, conjunctivitis, and body ache.
- Upper respiratory tract disorders can be treated with antibiotics and decongestants. Acetaminophen, diphenhydramine, ibuprofen, dextromethorphan, guaifenesin, codeine, dexamethasone, and prednisone are antibiotics prescribed to patients suffering from upper respiratory tract disorders. Phenylephrine, oxymetazoline, and pseudoephedrine are the most commonly prescribed decongestants for the treatment of upper respiratory tract disorders. Antibiotics are rarely used as a treatment option for upper respiratory tract disorders, as these are associated with several side effects and can initiate secondary infections and bacterial resistance.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
- The global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market is projected to be driven by increase in incidence of respiratory disorders across the globe. Additionally, constantly changing climatic conditions due to global warming and pollution have further accentuated the risk of developing upper respiratory tract disorders. Moreover, changing lifestyle of people and increase in medical insurance coverage are anticipated to boost the growth of the global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market. Rise in awareness among people about their health and increase in expenditure on personal hygiene are expected to augment the global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market.
- Favorable reimbursement scenario and advanced medical infrastructure in developed countries are attributed to the growth of the global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market. However, side effects of NSAIDs is expected to hamper the growth of the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
Geographically, the global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market in 2020 because of high incidence of infections in the U.S. A study conducted in the U.S. indicated that 25% of the population of the U.S. suffers from upper respiratory tract infections. The infections are the most common reasons for physician visits. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a higher CAGR due to increase in the geriatric population.
Key Players Operating in Global Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
The global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market is highly fragmented due to the presence of large number of key players. Major players have adopted various strategies to gain a competitive advantage in the market. Collaborations, partnerships, agreements, and new product launches are the key strategies adopted by market players. Major players operating in the global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market are:
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Alcon, Inc.
- Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Verona Pharma plc
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Hospira, Inc.
- Sandoz, Inc.
- AstraZeneca plc
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Cipla Pharmaceutical Company
- Novartis AG
- F. Hoffman La Roche Ltd.
Global Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Topical Treatment
- Cough Suppressant
- Nasal Decongestant
- Drug Treatment
Global Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies & Drugstores
- Online Sales
Global Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.