- Apheresis is a procedure, wherein whole blood is withdrawn from donor or patient’s body, required blood components such as plasma, leukocytes, erythrocytes, and lipids are separated or removed, and remaining blood components are transfused back into donor or patient’s body.
- Plateletpheresis is a process of removal of blood from donor or patient, separating and retaining the platelets, and returning the rest of the blood components to the donor or patient. Patients with leukemia, aplastic anemia, or cancer are recommended plateletpheresis.
- The procedure is also used in essential thrombocytosis, bleeding, and during surgeries. Plateletpheresis finds applications in the wake of epidemic outbreaks such as Zika virus and malaria. Apheresis is performed by applying two techniques: centrifugation and membrane filtration. Membrane filtration involves separation of blood components based on molecular weight, size, and affinity for particular substance.
- Centrifugation separates blood components based on molecular weight, centrifugal force, centrifugation RPM, and run time. The two types of centrifugation techniques are intermittent and continuous.
Key Drivers of Global Plateletpheresis Market
- Rise in prevalence of cancer and other chronic diseases globally lead to high demand for platelets in the treatment of leukemia, cancer, and other severe conditions. This is projected to boost the growth of the global plateletpheresis market.
- Moreover, safety of plateletpheresis over whole blood donation and rise in number of donors across the globe are anticipated to fuel the growth of the global plateletpheresis market. Improvement in health care infrastructure is another factor propelling the global plateletpheresis market.
- Shift from single dose to double dose apheresis to increase the yield of platelet components being separated has pushed the industry toward development of technically advanced instruments. This also contributes to the growth of the global market.
- Risks associated with apheresis procedure and stringent regulatory approval process for plateletpheresis devices are likely to hamper the growth of the global plateletpheresis market
Centrifugation to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of technology, the global plateletpheresis market can be classified into centrifugation and membrane filtration
- Wide applications, high efficiency, and strong industrial support are anticipated to drive the centrifugation segment during the forecast period
Disposable to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on product, the global plateletpheresis market can be bifurcated into devices and disposables
- The disposables segment is projected to dominate the market because of the prevailing trend of rental contract agreement among manufacturers
Blood Collection Centers to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global plateletpheresis market can be divided into hospitals, blood collection centers, and others
- The blood collection centers segment dominated the market in 2020. Initiatives by regional governments to develop health care infrastructure is expected to drive the blood collection centers segment.
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Plateletpheresis Market
- In terms of region, the global plateletpheresis market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America and Europe dominated the global plateletpheresis market in 2020. Platelet production in countries in Europe is shifting from single donor apheresis to pooled platelet.
- However, most of the platelet requirement in markets such as the U.S. is supplied through plateletpheresis procedure
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to expanding health care infrastructure and high demand for technologically advanced plateletpheresis devices in emerging markets in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Plateletpheresis Market
The global plateletpheresis market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global plateletpheresis market are:
- Cerus Corporation
- Fresenius Kabi AG (Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA)
- Haemonetics Corporation
- Terumo Corporation
- Miltenyi Biotec
- Lmb Technologie GmbH
- Delcon SRL
Global Plateletpheresis Market: Research Scope
Global Plateletpheresis Market, by Technology
- Membrane Filtration
Global Plateletpheresis Market, by Product
Global Plateletpheresis Market, by End-user
- Blood Collection Centers
Global Plateletpheresis Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.