Disposable Undergarments Market: Introduction
- Disposable undergarments are lightweight briefs for men and women, which are used just once and then tossed away. These products are available are per the need, usage, and preference. Often disposable undergarments are used on holidays, hospital trips, and as maternity undergarment. Disposable undergarments are made from synthetic fabric which is often made from polypropylene.
Key Drivers of the Global Disposable Undergarments Market
- Rising population and increasing purchasing power of people influences consumer spending on personal care and hygiene products and this propels the global growth of the disposable undergarments market. Durability, strength, cost efficiency, resistance to water, and lightweight are some of the features or advantages of a disposable undergarment, which helps to push the demand for such products globally. Growing adoption of disposable undergarments in hospitals, hotels, and spas is expected to push the growth of the market constantly in the near future.
- Changing lifestyle, rising brand awareness, and increasing awareness about hygiene and cleanliness has led to increasing adoption of disposable undergarments. Rising awareness regarding usage of disposable undergarments (hospital underwear, maternity & pregnancy underwear, spa & massage underwear, menstrual underwear, travel underwear, and emergency underwear), which helps to maintain personal hygiene, is helping in the growth of the overall disposable undergarments market.
Factor Restraining the Global Disposable Undergarments Market
- Incontinence underwear is a type of reusable undergarment designed to absorb urine; it provides an alternative to traditional disposable undergarment products. Availability and rising usage of reusable products is one of the major factors which can hinder the growth of the disposable undergarments market.
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global disposable undergarments market can be divided into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the disposable undergarments market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the disposable undergarments market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America disposable undergarments market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America accounted for largest share of the global disposable undergarments market due to a large healthcare sector. Extensive usage of disposable undergarments among bedridden patients and elderly people to maintain personal hygiene is a prime factor which propels the growth of the disposable undergarments market in North America.
- The disposable undergarments market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to the rising population in emerging countries such as China and India. Growing healthcare and hospitality sectors help to boost the demand for disposable undergarments in commercial applications, which is projected to grow at a significant rate in the coming years. Government initiatives regarding hygiene, large population, and growing per capita income in Asia Pacific are major factors driving the growth of the disposable undergarments market in this region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Manufacturers in the disposable undergarments market have analyzed the preference and demands of consumers. They are focusing on fulfilling the consumer demand and adopting improved raw materials and new features in their products and making them eco-friendly. Companies are investing more in research and development to create new products and their main objective is to focus on their product portfolio to strengthen their market position globally. Companies are aiming on product development by emphasizing on pattern, texture, and finish of the product; also, advancements are being made in terms of size and quality of the product.
A few of the key players operating in the global disposable undergarments market are:
- Cardinal Health
- Essity Aktiebolag
- Fubao Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Hengan International Group Company Ltd.
- McKesson Corporation
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Paul Hartmann AG
- Procter & Gamble
- Unicharm Corporation
Global Disposable Undergarments Market: Research Scope
Global Disposable Undergarments Market, by Type
- Others (Shorts, etc.)
Global Disposable Undergarments Market, by Material Type
Global Disposable Undergarments Market, by End-user
Global Disposable Undergarments Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global disposable undergarments market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!