A radio is a device that uses radio wave communication technology to broadcast audio communications. A radio has a device known as an antenna that uses radio waves to send and receive signals. A waterproof radio or shower, radio is a device that uses radio waves for broadcast of audio communications, but is generally used in a wet environment and they generally lack an external antenna for communication.
The radio is one of the oldest means of communication invented. Rise in popularity of FM (Frequency Modulation) radio stations is expected to increase the penetration of radios in households. This is increasing the demand for waterproof radios globally. Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest waterproof radio market in the world and is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period. In countries such as India, the government started an initiative known as “Mann Ki Baat” to connect with a large number of Indians which is broadcasted by All India Radio. Its penetration is extensive and it reaches the hinterlands of the country. Thus, in India, all these factors are increasing the demand for radio and subsequently for waterproof radios.
Waterproof radio Market – Competitive Landscape
The global waterproof radio market is highly competitive. Several international and domestic players are operating in this market.
- Key competitors across the globe are promoting the sales of product wide range of online sales platform. In addition to this, the companies such as Sony Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, etc. are penetrating its product through a wide range of retail stores with attractive offers to targets its end-users.
- Major players in the waterproof radio market are focusing towards improving the design of products by integrating it with advanced technology to fulfill the requirement of end-users
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure here
Sony Corporation established in 1946 is involved in the diversified business such as Game & Network Services, Mobile Communications, Imaging Products & Solutions, Home Entertainment & Sound, Semiconductors, Components, Pictures, Music, Financial Services, etc. Sony Corporation has huge customer base that spread across the globe is focused towards continuous innovation and development of products.
Fujian New Century Communications Co. Ltd
Fujian New Century Communications Co. Ltd specializing in the production, R&D, and sale of two way radio equipment for last two decades. The company supplies its product across the globe under the brand name of KYD and Kydera. Fujian New Century Communications Co. Ltd is also emphasizing on increasing its product portfolio to meet the requirement of end-users.
Key players in the market include include Sony Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, Sangean America Inc., Kaito Electronics Inc., Xeneo Power Hk Ltd., Monster Audio, SoundBot, Fujian New Century Communications Co. Ltd, Pyle Audio Inc., Motorola Inc., Shenzhen Carolx Technology Co. Ltd., Grace Digital, Cobham plc, ECM Electronics, EcoxGear, ION Audio, Zadro Inc., Hydro-Beat, Rock The Boat, and ASA Electronics, LLC.
Waterproof Radio Market – Dynamics
Dependency on Waterproof Radio for Communication
A radio is usable even in an environment of no electricity and is a common form of communication in rural areas. Advertisers are using radio as a basic medium of communication to reach untapped markets. All these factors are increasing the demand for waterproof radios across the world. In addition to this, Rise in millennial population, increase in disposable income and changing lifestyle are increasing the penetration of waterproof radio and subsequently increasing the market size of the global waterproof radio market.
Increase in the adoption of digital technology for communication and entertainment is anticipated to obstruct market growth.
Increase in the penetration of wireless devices such as smartphones and tabs among the end-users across the globe is hampering the market. In addition, the availability of various substitutes for communication and entertainment such as television, desktop, etc. is expected to obstruct the waterproof radio market during the forecast period.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Waterproof radio Market – Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the waterproof radio market is segmented into:
- Battery powered radio
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) charging radio
- Solar powered radio
Based on end-use, market is segmented into:
- Personal Use
- Commercial Use
Based on distribution channel, market is segmented into:
- Online channel
- Offline channel
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.