Toners: An effective cosmetic that cleanses the skin
- Toners, usually used on the face, are cosmetic products designed to cleanse the skin and shrink the appearance of pores. Toners are helpful and necessary for people with oily and acne prone skin. They are also helpful during extra cleansing after wearing makeup or other heavy skin products such as sunscreen.
- Apart from these functionalities, toners also help in restoring the skin’s pH levels and helps in grooming by preventing ingrown hair. Toners containing glycolic acid or other alpha hydroxyl acids help in preventing ingrown hair.
- Various types of toners are available in the market, depending on type of skin such as oily, dry, or with wrinkles, dark spots etc. Toners usually come in liquid form; however, they are also available in gel and mist form.
Key Drivers of the Global Toners Market
- Shift in consumer perception and raising awareness about healthy skin has resulted in rising demand for toners globally. Rising popularity of skin care products, including face care products, coupled with rising awareness about maintaining social standards and appearance among people is anticipated to boost the demand for toners globally.
- Additionally, social media sites such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest have created a platform to increase awareness and product knowledge about various beauty related products. These sites are also a platform for buying and selling various beauty and cosmetic products. All these factors are anticipated to proliferate the demand for toners in the coming years.
Home based Facial Toners to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Rising awareness about usage of natural or organic products is anticipated to offer significant opportunities in the near future. Green tea, witch hazel, and aloe vera juice are effective substitutes for toners. Additionally, these substitutes are highly affordable and hence anticipated to offer attractive opportunities in the coming years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increasing health issues due to extensive utilization of synthetic toners to hamper the market
- Toners having an alcohol base and chemical based ingredients are less effective for dry and sensitive skin. Application of such toners on dry and sensitive skin results in further outbreaks, leading to peeling and redness. This restraints the growth of the toners market.
Asia Pacific offers growth avenues for the global toners market
- Geographically, the global toners market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA).
- Europe and North America are strong markets for toners. This is due to the presence of a robust beauty and cosmetics industry. Additionally, presence of key global manufacturers of beauty and cosmetic products including toners in these regions have led to their dominance globally.
- However, developing regions such as Asia Pacific and South America are anticipated to see substantial growth in the upcoming years due to increasing purchasing power and growing number of regional beauty and cosmetic manufacturers.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global toner market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for substantial share. A few of the key players operating in the global toner market are:
- Burt's Bees
- Himalaya Drug Co.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Kao Corporation
- KOSÉ Corporation
- L’Oréal Group
- Lotus Herbals Ltd.
- Procter & Gamble
- Shiseido Co., Ltd.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Toner Market, ask for a customized report
Global Toner Market: Research Scope
Global Toner Market, by Product Type
Global Toner Market, by Type
Global Toner Market, by Skin Type
- Dry Skin
- Sensitive Skin
- Oily Skin
- Normal Skin
- Acne Prone Skin
- Others (Combination)
Global Toner Market, by End-user
Global Toner Market, by Age
- Less than 15 years old
- Between 15-25 years old
- Between 26-30 years old
- Between 30-50 years old
- Above 50 years old
Global Toner Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company Owned Portals
- E-commerce Portals
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Other retail stores
Global Toner Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.