Licensed Sports Merchandise Market
Licensed Sports Merchandise Market (Product: Sports Apparel, Sports Footwear, Sports Accessories and toys, Video games, Domestic and Housewares, Others; Distribution Channel: E-Commerce or online stores, Offline Stores) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- The global licensed sports merchandise market holds a substantial chunk of revenues within the worldwide sports industry. Commercialization of sports events and tournaments has created a stir across the global sports merchandise market. There is little contention about the emergence of new possibilities for popularising sports merchandise. The government and state authorities are making formidable investments in sports merchandise. This nascent tendency can be attributed to the quest of government authorities to popularise sports events. Commercialization of sports at international levels has created employment opportunities for a large population. Besides, sports events have transformed into hubs for large entities to invest their money in. Owing to the aforementioned factors the total volume of revenues within the global licensed sports merchandise market is set to grow.
- Several regulatory frameworks pertaining to various sports events make it mandatory for players to adhere to strict protocols for sports kits including clothing and other merchandise. This has compelled teams to provide licensed sports merchandise to the players. Besides, a number of events promote their logos and names on sports merchandise. This trend has also created new opportunities for growth within the global market.
- The growing popularity of international leagues such as the English Premiere League and La Liga have helped in driving demand within the global sports merchandise market. Furthermore, use of licensed sports merchandise has helped in maintaining uniformity and sophistication across sports events. It is legit to expect the inflow of fresh revenues into the global sports merchandise market.
- Several companies have grabbed on the opportunity to brand and market themselves using sports merchandise. Official sponsors of sports events sign agreements to get their logos printed on T-shirts, kits, and sports equipment of players. Furthermore, these entities also use sports merchandise to come in the public eye for long-term growth and promotions.
Licensed Sports Merchandise Market - Snapshot
Global licensed sports merchandise market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 6.5% from 2019 to 2027. Organized retailing and marketing coupled with effective branding by major vendors is expected to open new market opportunities for the licensed sports merchandise market globally. The market is primarily dominated by professional sports leagues. In addition to this, increasing demand and fascination of consumers toward licensed sports goods as well as the increase in popularity of leagues across the U.S. helps to increase in adoption of licensed sports apparel for their favorite sports team and team player.
In terms of geography, the licensed sports merchandise market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America. Regionally, North America accounted for the largest market share in 2018 and is anticipated to grow steadily due to increasing popularity of sporting leagues and their increasing fan base. Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at a higher pace in coming years. Rising number of sports league in developing economies is driving the market growth. Large multinational companies invest significantly in marketing and product distribution in Asia Pacific.
Online sales or e-commerce is expected to play a crucial role in the sales of licensed sports merchandise across the globe. E-commerce is likely to emerge as the most prominent distribution channel of licensed sports merchandise over the coming years. The swift growth of the number of internet connections and the rising acceptance of e-commerce as a safe and feasible alternative to traditional retailing channels, has triggered growth in the industry. Consumers are more attracted towards online shopping and e-retailing. Another reason for the success of online sales channel is the brand name that attract consumers to visit their sites. Licensed sports equipment is one of the most demanded consumer goods sold through e-commerce. Thus, the rise in the number of e-commerce and fashion websites is set to create potential opportunity for the growth of this market in the near future.
Video games or software is expected to record a stronger value performance over the forecast period as compared to the review period. Licensing for traditional games driven by popular movie franchises and the shift towards video gaming supported by a growing consumer base is projected to be the key drivers for the growth of the market. In addition to this, rising disposable income has led to increased consumer spending on leisure and entertainment goods including sporting goods and video games. Sales of video games also increasing at a higher rate as compared to sporting accessories and toys, largely driven by the strong performance of mobile games.
Major players operating the licensed sports merchandise market include
- VF Corporation
- Nike Inc.
- Fanatics, Inc.
- Adidas AG
- Puma SE
- G-III Apparel Group, Ltd.
- Sports Direct International plc
- Hanesbrands Inc.
- Under Armour, Inc.
- DICK’S Sporting Goods Inc.
Global Licensed Sports Merchandise Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the Licensed Sports Merchandise market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the Licensed Sports Merchandise market analyzes the scenario for the period 2019 - 2027, wherein 2018 is the base year and 2017 and earlier is historical data. The report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the Licensed Sports Merchandise market provides data on the developments undertaken by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
The study discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that drive the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
The study also offers Porter’s Five Force Analysis, value chain analysis, key trend analysis, and SWOT analysis of the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market in order to highlight the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players.
Key Questions Answered in This Report on the Licensed Sports Merchandise Market
- How much revenue will the Licensed Sports Merchandise market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- What application of elevators & escalators is likely to gain the maximum market share by 2027?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall Licensed Sports Merchandise market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market?
- Which region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies incorporated by key stakeholders in the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market?
The report answers these questions and more about the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Global Licensed Sports Merchandise Market – Research Methodology
The TMR report on the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market backed by secondary and primary sources. The competitive scenario of the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
The report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market with both bottom-up and top-down approaches.
The detailed assessment of the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market, along with an overview of the landscape is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this market. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market is set to grow are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
- In this chapter, the report offers a dashboard view of the competition matrix of leading players in the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market, along with structural analysis
- The report includes the below mentioned pointers of major players operating in the Licensed Sports Merchandise market:
- Company Overview
- Product Profiling
- Product Innovation
- Business Strategies/Recent Developments
- Technological Advancements
- Key Mergers & Acquisitions
- Expansion Strategies
- Company Financials
Some of the Key Players Covered Under the Scope Include:
Market Segmentation/Research Scope –
- Sports Apparel
- Sports Footwear
- Sports Accessories and toys
- Video games or software
- Domestic and Housewares
By Distribution Channel
- E-Commerce or online stores
- Offline Stores
- Department Stores
- Specialty Stores
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Latin America
Global Licensed Sports Merchandise Market – Segmentation
The report on the global Licensed Sports Merchandise market provides information on the basis of product, distribution channel, and region.
Sports Accessories and toys
Video games or software
Domestic and Housewares
E-Commerce or online stores
Middle East & Africa