Sun Protective Fabrics Market: Introduction
- Sun protective fabrics are special fabrics designed to protect the user from UV radiation. These fabrics are widely used to manufacture anti-UV clothing such as sportswear, outerwear, masks, and gloves. UV blocking rating of sun protective fabrics is highly dependent on its yarn composition and construction process. Synthetic yarn such as nylon and polyester offer advanced UV blocking compared to bleached cotton. Sun protective fabric is usually treated with different chemicals to enhance its UV absorption rate.
Key Trends in the Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market
- Technology advancement and growing health awareness among consumers is driving the demand for sun protective fabrics across different regions. Furthermore, consumers are increasingly preferring sun protective clothing to ensure protection against harmful UV rays. Sun protective clothes are widely used by people who spend a lot of time outdoors, especially in the summer months and in areas with increased sun intensity, such as those closer to the equator and near sun-reflective surfaces such as water, sand, and snow.
- These fabrics are widely preferred over sunscreen to protect children against UV radiations. Furthermore, sun protective fabrics are increasingly adopted by younger population to avoid premature aging and sunburns.
Opportunities in the Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market
- Emergence of new yarn compositions and availability of advanced manufacturing machinery is anticipated to fuel the market demand for sun protective fabrics during the forecast period. Moreover, people across developed countries are increasingly preferring sun protective clothes to prevent skin cancer.
- Evolving industry standards and regulations are anticipated to boost technology advancement and new product developments in the industry. For instance, ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) has established various standards for the manufacturing and labeling of sun protective products.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Sun Protective Fabrics Market, Request for a Sample
Tightly Woven Sun Protective Fabrics are Widely Preferred
Tightly woven fabrics are also known as knitted fabrics. Synthetic fabrics such as polyester and nylon are very tightly woven and hence they are preferred as sun-blocking fabrics. Tight woven nylon fabrics are used to make UV resistant caps and umbrellas. Tightly woven sun protective fabrics ensure enhanced UV protection with UPF 50+ rating.
Europe Records Large Share in the Overall Sun Protective Fabrics Market
- By geography, the global sun protective fabrics market is classified into South America (SA), North America (NA), Europe (EU), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific (APAC).
- Country-level bifurcation of the North America market includes the forecast and analysis for the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Country-level analysis and forecast of the Europe market includes historical and forecast analysis of the sun protective fabrics market in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Country-level analysis and forecast for the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast of the sun protective fabrics market includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America sun protective fabrics market is categorized into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- The market growth in Europe is attributed to the strong investment in research and development activities and highest population of skin cancer patients. Furthermore, The European Skin Cancer Foundation aims to develop and provide standardized prevention strategies and guidelines to enhance awareness among the European population about sun protective fabrics.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Investment in new technology and upgrade of existing product offering are key strategies adopted by companies. Additionally, companies are confirming better consumer knowledge and product promotions to encourage the adoption of sun protective fabrics across untapped markets. Strong R&D activities and technical expertise are anticipated to offer competitive advantage to key market players.
Some of the major companies identified in the global sun protective fabrics market are:
- Freudenberg Performance Materials
- SUN DREAM ENTERPRISE CO. LTD
- Rockywoods Fabrics LLC
- Phifer Incorporated
- Columbia Sportswear Company
- Patagonia, Inc.
- Sattler AG
- Coolibar, Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market: Research Scope
Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market, by Type
- Dyed fabrics
- Tightly woven fabrics
- Luminous fabrics
Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market, by Composition
- Others (Spandex, etc.)
Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market, by UPF Rating
Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market, by Application
- Camping Equipment
- Others (Gloves, etc.)
Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market, by Distribution Channel
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.