Sun Protective Fabrics Market: Introduction
- Sun protective fabrics are special fabrics designed to protect the user from UV radiation. These fabrics are widely used to manufacture anti-UV clothing such as sportswear, outerwear, masks, and gloves. UV blocking rating of sun protective fabrics is highly dependent on its yarn composition and construction process. Synthetic yarn such as nylon and polyester offer advanced UV blocking compared to bleached cotton. Sun protective fabric is usually treated with different chemicals to enhance its UV absorption rate.
Key Trends in the Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market
- Technology advancement and growing health awareness among consumers is driving the demand for sun protective fabrics across different regions. Furthermore, consumers are increasingly preferring sun protective clothing to ensure protection against harmful UV rays. Sun protective clothes are widely used by people who spend a lot of time outdoors, especially in the summer months and in areas with increased sun intensity, such as those closer to the equator and near sun-reflective surfaces such as water, sand, and snow.
- These fabrics are widely preferred over sunscreen to protect children against UV radiations. Furthermore, sun protective fabrics are increasingly adopted by younger population to avoid premature aging and sunburns.
Opportunities in the Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market
- Emergence of new yarn compositions and availability of advanced manufacturing machinery is anticipated to fuel the market demand for sun protective fabrics during the forecast period. Moreover, people across developed countries are increasingly preferring sun protective clothes to prevent skin cancer.
- Evolving industry standards and regulations are anticipated to boost technology advancement and new product developments in the industry. For instance, ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) has established various standards for the manufacturing and labeling of sun protective products.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Sun Protective Fabrics Market, Request for a Sample
Tightly Woven Sun Protective Fabrics are Widely Preferred
Tightly woven fabrics are also known as knitted fabrics. Synthetic fabrics such as polyester and nylon are very tightly woven and hence they are preferred as sun-blocking fabrics. Tight woven nylon fabrics are used to make UV resistant caps and umbrellas. Tightly woven sun protective fabrics ensure enhanced UV protection with UPF 50+ rating.
Europe Records Large Share in the Overall Sun Protective Fabrics Market
- By geography, the global sun protective fabrics market is classified into South America (SA), North America (NA), Europe (EU), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific (APAC).
- Country-level bifurcation of the North America market includes the forecast and analysis for the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Country-level analysis and forecast of the Europe market includes historical and forecast analysis of the sun protective fabrics market in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Country-level analysis and forecast for the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast of the sun protective fabrics market includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America sun protective fabrics market is categorized into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- The market growth in Europe is attributed to the strong investment in research and development activities and highest population of skin cancer patients. Furthermore, The European Skin Cancer Foundation aims to develop and provide standardized prevention strategies and guidelines to enhance awareness among the European population about sun protective fabrics.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Investment in new technology and upgrade of existing product offering are key strategies adopted by companies. Additionally, companies are confirming better consumer knowledge and product promotions to encourage the adoption of sun protective fabrics across untapped markets. Strong R&D activities and technical expertise are anticipated to offer competitive advantage to key market players.
Some of the major companies identified in the global sun protective fabrics market are:
- Freudenberg Performance Materials
- SUN DREAM ENTERPRISE CO. LTD
- Rockywoods Fabrics LLC
- Phifer Incorporated
- Columbia Sportswear Company
- Patagonia, Inc.
- Sattler AG
- Coolibar, Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market: Research Scope
Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market, by Type
- Dyed fabrics
- Tightly woven fabrics
- Luminous fabrics
Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market, by Composition
- Others (Spandex, etc.)
Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market, by UPF Rating
Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market, by Application
- Camping Equipment
- Others (Gloves, etc.)
Global Sun Protective Fabrics Market, by Distribution Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.