Stand Fans: Introduction
- Stand fans are electric fans, also known as pedestal fans. Stand fans are lightweight, portable, have high air delivery, and hence are suitable in hot and humid areas. They are also used in residential, commercial, and industrial spaces.
- Factors such as affordability, environmental impact (compared to AC), durability, and technological advancement are expected to drive the stand fans market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Stand Fans Market
- Pedestal fans are the fans which are easily portable and this feature allows people of low and middle income countries to invest in these fans. Furthermore, affordability makes it the first choice in most micro, small, and medium sized companies of developing and underdeveloped countries of the world.
- The current global scenario, i.e. increase in global temperature due to global warming has caused a rise in temperature in different regions. This provides an opportunity for manufacturers to cater to the upcoming demand for such fans from newer regions.
- Manufacturers are coming up with new technologies such as bladeless pedestal fans. These fans have unique remote control functions such as sleep timers and more speed control levels. These features will lead to consumer convenience and thus bladeless fans are expected to witness rapid growth rate during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific and South America to Hold Major Share of the Global Stand Fans Market
- In terms of geography, the stand fans market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- In the Asia Pacific region, South Asia, and adjoining countries are categorized as low income and lower middle income countries. The spending in these countries is restricted due to lower earnings. Furthermore, these countries are part of the tropical and temperate zones and are experiencing hot and humid climate, thus, creating demand for lower cost pedestal fans.
- On the other hand, South America is facing increase in temperature and global warming due to which demand for these fans is expected to be generated, thus, creating a market for the fans which are high on benefits and low on costs.
- After Asia Pacific and South America, Africa is likely to be the new market for stand fans. Currently, one third of the population in Africa lives below the poverty line. Africa is growing at a good speed, due to which it is expected to have a huge market for stand fans during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Stand Fans Market
- Bajaj Electricals Ltd
- CG Power and Industrial Solutions Limited
- Honeywell International Inc.
- LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd.
- Lloytron Plc.
- Midea Group Co. Ltd.
- Panasonic Corp.
- Sanyo Electric Co. Ltd.
- TCL Home Appliances (Hefei) Co. Ltd.
- Usha International Limited
Global Stand Fans Market: Research Scope
Global Stand Fans Market, by Speed
- Normal (up to 1300 Rotations per minute)
- High (above 1300 Rotations per minute)
Global Stand Fans Market, by Material (body)
Global Stand Fans Market, by Convenience
- Remote Control
- Without Remote Control
Global Stand Fans Market, by Number of Blades
Global Stand Fans Market, by Oscillation
- Without Oscillating
Global Stand Fans Market, by Application
Global Stand Fans Market, by Price
Global Stand Fans Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company Owned Websites
- Supermarkets/ Hypermarkets
Global Stand Fans Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!