Global Skincare Market: Overview
Both cosmetic and medical products constitute the global skincare market. While the cosmetic products help in augmenting beauty, the medical products help to tackle skin-related problems such as rashes. The global skincare market can be broadly segmented into face creams and body lotions. The face cream segment can be further classified based on the different types of products into skin brightening, sun protection, and anti-aging products. They aid in improving the skin quality by preventing wrinkles, rejuvenating cells, and brightening the skin. The body lotion segment, again, can be further divided into mass market and premium products.
Among the two, the face cream segment leads with a staggering share in the market. The rising number of working women around the world and the easy availability of such products online these days has brought about exponential growth in the segment so far. Going forward too, face creams will experience robust demand. As far as the competitive landscape is concerned, key market players in the global skincare market are resorting to mergers and acquisitions, partnerships and collaborations, and product development to stay ahead of their competitors.
A report by Transparency Market Research examines the global skincare market in details by classifying it based on different parameters and by analyzing the different growth drivers and restraints shaping its growth trajectory. It also profiles the prominent companies operating in the market.
Global Skincare Market: Drivers and Trends
Growing awareness about one’s looks and skin quality, coupled with the rising spending power of people worldwide, are factors at the forefront of driving demand in the global skincare market. Aggressive marketing strategies of existing players along with massive investment in research and development to create innovative products have also led to significant increase in sales. Besides, the omnipresent polluted environment, global warming, and the busy lifestyle, affecting the quality of skin, has also been bolstering swift uptake of products that help to protect the skin and thwart damages to it.
A recent noticeable trend in the global skincare market is the increasing use of online platforms to reach out to a wider consumer base. Savvy companies and distributers are fast shifting to ecommerce to boost sales. Yet another major trend observed in the global skincare market is the soaring popularity of organic skin products sans synthetically derived chemicals. Manufacturers are unveiling new beauty care products formulated from natural or organic ingredients every now and then to capture the attention of consumers. Such products, though expensive, are witnessing significant sales worldwide on account of the growing awareness of the possible side effects of chemical based skin care products.
Restraining the growth in the market is the ban on animal testing. This has negatively impacted business, especially of small and mid-sized manufacturers. Also, hindering the market is the sale of pseudo products at reduced prices.
Global Skincare Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, North America and Europe dominate the global skincare market with maximum share. Going forward, however, Asia-Pacific region will gain the most on the back of robust demand from developing countries with fast-growing economies such as China and India. The increasing awareness about organic products and the rising fortunes of the middle-class populace, has facilitated a massive upswing in the skincare products market in the region so far. The same factors will also bring about growth in the near future.
Companies Mentioned in Report
To present an in-depth assessment of the competition prevailing in the global skincare market, the report profiles companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Private Label, Warner-Lambert, Unilever, Cosmair Bristol-Myers Squibb, Jergens, and Beiersdor.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.