Global Paper Towel Market – Introduction
- Paper towels are used for multiple purposes from cleaning messes to cleaning kitchen countertops. Paper towels easily clean up tomato sauce fallen on a counter or removes dust from under the radiator. The particles cling to the paper towel and do not move around on the floor. When soaked in water and rubbed rigorously on the carpet, it holds particles together and do not tear. Paper towels are soft to touch, have strong grip, and can be reused after being wet when dried. Dry paper towels are equally good to use. The dry paper towels are thick and sturdy which absorbs most of the dust. Paper towels can also be used in bathrooms for cleaning hands after a wash.
Paper towels pick up liquid spills, have a better grip, and are economical
- Paper towels are made of ground-up plant material called cellulose, which can include wood, cotton, and other plants. The molecules of cellulose are actually sugar – but not like edible sugar– which attracts water molecules. Therefore, paper towels are great at picking up liquid spills. A paper towel's design is essentially made of small crevices which give it a better grip. The better grip than traditional hand towels enable paper towels to not slip from hands and clean better. Paper towels are economical, although each brand has a different number of sheets per roll, and the size of a full sheet differs brand by brand.
Available in a variety of sizes and can be used with a paper towel dispenser
- Paper towels with new features include a unique trap & lock technology, which is two times more absorbent, so that fewer towels can be used. Also, consumers have the ability to choose size and pattern with a large number of options. A pack of paper towels come in 36 regular rolls within a pack of 24 rolls. Each roll comes with 107 pick-a-size sheets, so that it can be customized according to the size of towel which a customer requires for a task. The 2-ply thirst pockets soak up even big spills. Additionally, paper towels are folded neatly and meant for use in a dispenser, ideal for any kind of industrial or commercial use.
North America to Dominate the Global Paper Towel Market
- The global paper towel market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global paper towel market in 2020. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, and France due to wide availability of sizes, high usage of paper towel dispensers, highly absorbent properties, and large variety of prints which are free of inks, dyes, and fragrances.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period in countries such as China, India, Japan, and other countries in Southeast Asia due to availability of paper towels at a reasonable price, urbanization, increase in commercial places such as shopping malls and hotels, and extensive usage in corporate offices.
Key Players Operating in the Global Paper Towel Market
Major players operating in the global paper towel market are likely to face intense competition during the forecast period. Prominent companies such as Procter & Gamble, Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products LP., Kimberly-Clark, and Seventh Generation Inc. are focusing on producing softer and thicker paper towels which can absorb more dust even when wet. The companies are also focusing on market promotion through advertising and e-commerce websites.
Key players operating in the global paper towel market include:
- Procter & Gamble
- Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products LP.
- Seventh Generation Inc.
- Food Lion
- Solaris Paper
- Marcal Company
- METSÄ TISSUE
- Hengan International Group Company Ltd.
- Essity Hygiene and Health AB
Global Paper Towel Market – Research Scope
Global Paper Towel Market, by Product Type
- Full Sheet
Global Paper Towel Market, by Type
- Modern White
- Spirited Print
Global Paper Towel Market, by Price Range
Global Paper Towel Market, by End-use
- Hotels & Restaurants
- Shopping Malls
- Others (Educational Centers, etc.)
Global Paper Towel Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Website
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Independent Retail Stores, etc.)
Global Paper Towel Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.