Ice Skating Rental Equipment Service Market: Introduction
- Ice skating refers to gliding across an ice surface with the use of metal-bladed ice skates. People skate for several reasons, including recreation, exercise, commuting, and competitive sports. Ice skating can be performed on naturally frozen bodies of water, such as ponds, canals, lakes, and rivers, and on man-made ice surfaces such as ice rinks, ice hockey rinks, and arenas, both indoors and outdoors. All skaters are required to wear a hard shell helmet, protective sports glasses, cut resistant gloves, neck guard, knee pads, and shin guards. Skaters must dress properly so that no area of the skin, from the chin down to the toes, are exposed. Many companies provide rental services for ice skating equipment. Those who do not wish to buy such equipment can opt for rental services.
Key Drivers of the Global Ice Skating Rental Equipment Service Market
- Increasing number of people opting for ice skating as a sport of thrill and leisure, presence of waterless ice skating rinks, rising disposable income in both developed and emerging economies, increasing technological developments, increasing ice skating sports, and growing eco-friendly skating rinks are factors which trigger the demand for ice skating equipment. Ice skating equipment is costly so people are opting for rental services.
- Ice skating equipment used in ice skating sports include skates, clothing, rinks, etc., and for people who are not willing to buy these products, renting is the preferred option. This is expected to further accelerate the overall growth of the ice skating rental equipment service market.
Factors Restraining the Global Ice Skating Rental Equipment Service Market
- Ice sports requires safety precautions such as appropriate clothing; helmets are recommended to avoid hazards; this can restrict users from opting for renting ice skating equipment as the products are already used and may lack quality and it may affect the performance of the skater. This can be a hindrance to the growth of the market.
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global ice skating rental equipment service market can be divided into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the ice skating rental equipment service market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the ice skating rental equipment service market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America ice skating rental equipment service market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America accounted for largest share of the global ice skating rental equipment service market due to presence of well-established ice skating equipment providers which influences the market growth in the region. Increasing popularity of outdoor ice rinks, and ice skating academies in the region are attracting large number of skating enthusiasts, which in turn propels the demand for ice skating equipment as such equipment are expensive and renting is a preferred option with the flexibility to change the model. This is majorly contributing to the growth of the ice skating rental equipment service market in North America.
- The ice skating rental equipment service market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to changing consumer preference toward adventure ice sports. Growing popularity of ice sports such as skating, and ice hockey, and rising participation in Asian Games propels the demand to rent skating equipment so one can try different makes and models. This is expected to fuel the growth of the ice skating rental equipment service market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Companies in the ice skating rental equipment service market follow innovative strategies to develop advanced ice skating equipment which helps the skaters to enhance the skating experience. Companies are focusing on innovations and providing cost effective and efficient ice skating equipment which helps to propel the global demand for ice skating rental equipment. Significant competition is a major challenge, and hence companies are strategizing on partnerships, agreements, and acquisitions to expand their presence in the market.
A few of the key players operating in the global ice skating rental equipment service market are:
- American Athletic Inc.
- Everything Ice, Inc. (RentalSkate)
- EZ ICE, Inc.
- Ice at the Galleria
- IceBuilders, Inc.
- Ice-World International
- Lankwitz ice rink
- Magic Ice USA, Inc.
- Rink Management Services Corporation
- Special Ice
Global Ice Skating Rental Equipment Service Market: Research Scope
Global Ice Skating Rental Equipment Service Market, by Product Type
- Ice Skates
- Protective Glasses & Helmet
- Others (Skate Bags, Knee Pads, etc.)
Global Ice Skating Rental Equipment Service Market, by End-user
Global Ice Skating Rental Equipment Service Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global ice skating rental equipment service market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!