Global Electric Griddles Market – Introduction
- An electric griddle is a cooking equipment that has a broad flat surface. Apart from electric griddles, gas, wood, and charcoal griddles are available in the market. Electric griddles are used for both residential and commercial purposes. Foods such as pancakes, bacon, grilled cheese, chicken, and eggs can be grilled using electric griddles. According to a survey conducted in the U.S. by Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association (HPBA) in 2020, 10% of people prefer electric griddles. Adoption of electric griddles among consumers globally is rising due to the growing trend of cooking grilled meals at home. Electric griddles just need electricity as a fuel and do not require charcoal or smoke for barbecuing at home.
Advantage of convenience and indoor utility of electric griddles - a driving factor
- Electric griddles are more convenient and feasible to use as these griddles do not require checking temperature, adding charcoal, and dealing with smoke. Moreover, the benefits which customers seek such as utilizing electric griddles at home for outdoor parties, patios, and outdoor barbeques is being met by the product. In commercial places such as hotels and restaurants, electric griddles are used for cooking several meals. Electric griddles rely on electricity as a source of fuel. Avoiding smoke promotes the product for indoor utility and encourages leisure and fun activities and even recreational activities at home.
Increased technological advantages leading to higher sales
- The changing lifestyle of consumers along with increasing adoption of premium products across categories and demand for advanced technology features such as compactness and convenience is driving the sales of electric griddles in the market. Electric griddles are portable, easy to carry, and have no installation cost. Working class professionals emphasize on features such as durability and compact size infused with the latest technologies. Technology such as 3- heating zones, and automatic temperature control are becoming popular in the market, leading to higher sales of electric griddles.
North America to Dominate the Global Electric Griddles Market
- The global electric griddles market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global electric griddles market in 2020. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace due to technological advancements, high manufacturing base, rising preference for vegan food, greater adoption of indoor and outdoor patios, and outdoor barbeques in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, and France, which is projected to surge the sales of electric griddles in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to high net disposable income, growing commercial food places such as restaurants, high demand for healthy food, and growing number of millennial interested in backyard cooking in China, India, Japan, and other countries in Southeast Asia.
Key Players Operating in the Global Electric Griddles Market
Major players operating in the global electric griddles market are likely to face intense competition during the forecast period. Prominent companies such as Oster, BSTY Home, Black+Decker, and Zojirushi are focusing on producing innovative products. These companies are also aiming to manufacture technologically advanced products. For instance, in March 2019, Kenyon International, Inc., launched its new product line IntelliKEN Touch, with a touch control system and built-in kitchen timer for added precision. Key players operating in the global electric griddles market include:
- BSTY Home
- Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.
- Garland Group
- Star Manufacturing
- Gotham™ Steel.
Global Electric Griddles Market – Research Scope
Global Electric Griddles Market, by Product Type
- Countertop Griddles
- Drop In Griddles
Global Electric Griddles Market, by Type
Global Electric Griddles Market, by Material
- Chrome Steel
- Cast Iron
- Carbon Steel
Global Electric Griddles Market, by Price Range
Global Electric Griddles Market, by End-use
Global Electric Griddles Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Website
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Independent Retail Stores, etc.)
Global Electric Griddles Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.