Dental Extraction Forceps Market: Introduction
- Dental extraction forceps are instruments used to remove teeth from the socket. The forceps are designed and shaped to remove particular teeth from the lower (mandible) and upper (maxilla) positions.
Dental Extraction Forceps Market: Key Trends
- New designs and materials utilized to manufacture dental extraction forceps have expanded the armamentarium of dentists seeking better tools for teeth extraction procedures. The dental extraction forceps market has been expanding for the last few years owing to a rise in the usage of these in various dental surgical procedures. Developing economies have been witnessing an increase in the number of dental clinics and expansion of technical expertise of dentists for the last few years. Technological strides in dentistry, especially in cosmetic surgery, has boosted the adoption of dental extraction forceps. A range of devices have been launched in the dental extraction forceps market with different beak and handle designs to fit the job of dentists well. Advent of materials that prolong the longevity and functionality of forceps in a range of cosmetic procedures are fueling the dental extraction forceps market; the use of diamond beak is a case in point. Dental extraction forceps are utilized in extraction applications such as of upper/lower molars, incisors, deciduous, bicuspids, and canines.
- The world is presently struggling with the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID-19 leads to pneumonia, severe & acute respiratory disorders, multiple organ failure, and, in severe cases, death. The geriatric population and children are known to be more prone to COVID-19 in the third wave. Expansion of the global dental extraction forceps market has been hampered marginally by the pandemic.
- Governments of developing countries are making significant investments to modernize healthcare infrastructure in their respective countries, which is likely to increase access to healthcare. This is expected to propel the dental extraction forceps market. Rise in number of dental surgeries in developed countries is a key trend boosting the application of dental extraction forceps. A growing array of innovative extraction instruments is estimated to offer significant opportunities for the market. Their use in oral and maxillofacial surgery is increasing. An increase in cases that call for teeth extraction is a key factor driving the dental extraction forceps market. Such cases include but are not limited to severe caries, severe periodontal disease, malopposed teeth, cracked teeth, preprosthetic extractions, supernumerary teeth, and teeth involved in jaw fractures. Increase in orthodontic applications in various patient populations is also boosting the dental extraction forceps market.
- However, expansion the market is hampered due to low affordability of orthopedic procedures. This is due to the lack of reimbursement framework in cost-sensitive markets. Nonetheless, around the world, cosmetic dentistry is seeing a vast potential, thus opening new avenues for the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Dental Extraction Forceps Market
- North America is projected to account for a large share of the global dental extraction forceps market during the forecast period owing to the presence of key companies offering dental extraction forceps, technological advancements, and increase in number of dental health care centers in the region. Developed nations particularly parts of the U.S. have witnessed intensive workshops for oral surgery. They have also been focusing on expanding the expertise of dentists in a traumatic dental extraction techniques. Recently this year, the California Dental Association conducted such a workshop.
- The dental extraction forceps market in Europe is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, led by a rise in the demand for dental extraction forceps, changing lifestyle, advanced demands for minimally-invasive devices including forceps that are high on functionality and cause minimal patient discomfort. The dental extraction forceps market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period driven by significant increase in number of teeth removal procedures in countries such as China and India, rapid adoption of medical technologies, and the use of these devices that aid prosthetic rehabilitation in relatively shorter time span. Rapid adoption of traumatic extraction techniques also offer significant opportunity for the dental forceps market. These techniques have expanded on the back of advent of new apparatuses and systems used in the extraction of teeth. Dental forceps that reduce postoperative complications have been gaining popularity in premolar extractions for orthodontic purpose. These factors are likely to boost the dental extraction forceps market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Dental Extraction Forceps Market
Major players operating in the global dental extraction forceps market are listed below:
- ASA DENTAL S.p.A.
- HELMUT ZEPF MEDIZINTECHNIK GMBH
- OTTO LEIBINGER GmbH
- Hu-Friedy Mfg. Co., LLC.
- erbrich instrumente GmbH
- Karl Schumacher
- J & J Instruments, Inc.
- Kohdent Roland Kohler Medizintechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- Other prominent players
Global Dental Extraction Forceps Market: Research Scope
Global Dental Extraction Forceps Market, by Product
- Upper Extracting Forceps
- Lower Extracting Forceps
Global Dental Extraction Forceps Market, by End-user
Global Dental Extraction Forceps Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!