Global Cyclotron Service Market: Overview
- Cyclotron is a class of devices that accelerates charged atomic or subatomic particles in a constant magnetic field. A cyclotron consists of two hollow semicircular electrodes, called dees, mounted back to back and separated by a narrow gap, in an evacuated chamber between the poles of a magnet. An electric field, alternating in polarity, is created in the gap by a radio-frequency oscillator. Nowadays, modern cyclotron is used for radiation therapy and as well as producing radioisotopes such as Fluorine-18, Carbon-11.
- The main use of cyclotrons in the field of medical that it can issued in particle therapy to treat cancer and it can used as proton therapy to kill tumors by radiation damage
- Demand for global cyclotron services is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to increase in incidence of cancer cases resulting in boosting the usage of cyclotron machine in diagnosis
Key Drivers of Global Cyclotron Service Market
- Medical cyclotrons are used worldwide for production of radioisotopes and these radioisotopes are necessary for radionuclide therapy. Rise in awareness about effective use of radiopharmaceuticals drugs is one of the important factors, which is likely to drive the demand for cyclotron machines, thereby boosting its associate services.
- Moreover, the cyclotron production of radioisotopes for medical applications is gaining increased significance in diagnostic molecular imaging techniques such as PET and SPECT. This is likely to drive the market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Cyclotron Service Market Report
Restraints of Global Cyclotron Service Market
- Production, storage, and usage of radioisotopes require proper precautions because radioisotopes generate radiation which can affect mass population and the environment. Approval from the Food and Drug Administration, Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency is mandatory for any usage, storage, or production of radioisotopes.
- According to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, approximately 6,000 licenses are maintained for the use of radioactive materials; violation of agreement leads to enforcement actions, including loss of license. Such stringent regulation guideline could limit the number of cyclotron production.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Cyclotron Service Market
- Increase in access to health care, rise in incidence of cancer patients, and rapid introduction of advanced technological implementations in SPECT and PET systems are some factors that likely to drive the market in North America
- Moreover, the cyclotron service market in the U.S. is estimated to be the largest market, owing to vast number of installations of new cyclotron facilities for radiopharmaceutical production; According to Estimation from IAEA, Scientific Journals, at present more than 250 cyclotron machines are fixed in the U.S.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Cyclotron Service Market” here
Key Players Operating in Global Cyclotron Service Market
Major players operating in the global cyclotron service market are:
- GE Healthcare
- Siemens Healthineers
- Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology
- Koninklijke Philips N.V
Global Cyclotron Service Market: Research Scope
Global Cyclotron Service Market, by Mode of Services
- Online Mode
- Off-line Mode
Global Cyclotron Service Market, by Type of Services
- Technical Support Services
- Training Services
- Setup Services (Disassemble, remove, and relocate cyclotrons)
Global Cyclotron Service Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.