Cancer Screening Devices Market: Introduction
Cancer screening is a process where different methods are used to detect whether a person is suffering from cancer. Numerous screening methods can be employed to determine whether a person is suffering from cancer. Screening plays an essential role in the detection of cancer and boosting the chances of survival of patients, thereby reducing the number of deaths caused by cancer. Screening also confirms that the particular type of cancer that is identified before the appearance of actual symptoms and progression of cancer, which is likely to follow several stages such as cancer initiation, progression, differentiation, and malignancy. This helps in the early detection of cancer symptoms and preventing them from recurring with enhanced survival rate of patients. It also helps reduce the number of deaths caused by cancer and the post treatment side-effects of cancer that are quite serious and can prove fatal such as hair loss, fatigue, and weaknesses in the muscle, chronic pain, and heart issues. Early diagnosis can lead to better treatment and a greater lifespan of patients.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Cancer Screening Devices Market
- Rise in the number of oncogenic cases and their prevalent recurrence over a period of time is a major factor boosting the cancer screening device market
- Early detection of cancer in patients, if present along with implementation of different technological advancements such as artificial intelligence, robotics, and machine learning approaches, has made detection quite easy, thus preventing it from further development. This is also a key factor driving the cancer screening devices market.
- False positive and reassurance results have been rarely observed, which is estimated to hamper the cancer screening market. Furthermore, high cost, lack of awareness about cancer screening among people, and lack of trained working professionals pose major challenges that are projected to hinder the cancer screening market.
Imaging segment dominates the cancer screening devices market
- Based on type, the cancer screening devices market can be divided into laboratory tests, genetic tests, imaging, endoscopy, and biopsy
- Imaging techniques such as Computed Tomography (CT) scan and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) have dominated the market due to the accuracy of results they produce, less time consumption, and non-invasive and pain free approach
Breast cancer segment holds significant market share
- Based on application, the global cancer screening devices market can be segmented into breast, colorectal, ovarian, oral, skin, blood, kidney, and others.
- Breast cancer accounted for a significant share of the market share due to a rise in the number of breast cancer cases and its high prevalence (mostly between 50 and 74) and some above 40 years in females. This, in turn, is also estimated to propel the cancer screening devices market.
North America is estimated to dominate the Cancer Screening Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global cancer screening devices market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North America leads the global cancer screening market and accounted for a notable share, in terms of revenue. Major factors that drive North America to dominate the global cancer screening device markets are presence of highly trained professionals, use of numerous biotechnological approaches, funding by governments and investments by large corporates in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market:
Top players who play an important role in the expansion of the global cancer screening devices market include:
- GE Healthcare
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Siemens Healthcare GmbH.
- Becton, Dickinson & Company
- Illumina, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V
- Hologic, Inc
Cancer Screening Devices: Research Scope
Cancer Screening Devices Market, by Type
- Laboratory Tests
- blood test,
- tumor marker test,
- complete blood count,
- blood protein test
- Genetic Tests:
Cancer Screening Devices Market, by Application
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Liver Cancer
Cancer Screening Devices by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!