Wireless Grid Computing: Introduction
- Wireless grid computing expands the conventional grid computing paradigm to incorporate a varied array of mobile devices capable of communicating by radio frequency, infrared, optical, and other wireless techniques. A grid computer is an idea, a network, a work in progress, part hype and half reality that is catching the computing community's interest. It makes use of clusters of computers, servers, or other devices. They collaborate to solve difficult computations.
- Among the devices engaged in the implementation of wireless grid are RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tags, and tiny sensors. Cellular phones, PDA (Personal Digital Assistants) & paging devices, wearable or hand-held computers, laptop computers, and special purpose computers integrated into many modern appliances to serve a specific autonomous purpose.
- Wireless grid computing is an emerging field due to the rapid advancements in grid computing technology and wireless technologies. These wireless grids expand grid computing capabilities among wireless devices.
- The architecture in wireless grid computing can be widely classiﬁed into four categories based on relative mobility of the devices in the grid and devices predominant in the grid. These include fixed wireless grids, mobile or dynamic wireless grids, sensor network grids, and ad hoc grids.
- Wireless grid computing supports the sharing of resources, ﬁxed wireless devices, or mobiles among organizations. This may include devices such as mobiles, laptops, sensors, and PDAs, while the resources operating these devices can be bandwidth, processor, code repositories, memory, and software.
Global Wireless Grid Computing Market: Dynamics
Global Wireless Grid Computing Market: Key Drivers
- The increased scope, usage, and popularity of mobile and wireless devices coupled with low cost, small size, easy handling, and mobility are features that significantly support growth in revenue of wireless grid computing market over the forecasted timeframe.
- Increasing processing power, rapid advancement in miniaturization, and superior operating systems & applications, along with the propagation of wireless access points will quickly expand the usefulness of these devices and make them increasingly capable of taking part in grid networks.
- The increasing reliance on these devices has increased the pace at which applications for these devices are developed, as well as expanding the scope and functionality of these applications.
- The rise in status delivery of monitored observations is expected to utilize considerable bandwidth that enhances the database size of monitoring servers constantly over a significant period of time. This is anticipated to enhance the wireless grid computing market share over the coming years.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Wireless Grid Computing Market
- The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has disturbed the quality processes of wide range industry verticals. COVID-19 forced economies into recession. The pandemic has impacted several economies across the globe due to the immense disruption of businesses.
- Although the COVID-19 pandemic had a negative impact on all businesses, it is expected that businesses will recover in the coming years. The wireless grid computing market is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR over the forecasted timeframe.
North America to Account for Large Share of the Global Wireless Grid Computing Market
- In terms of region, the global wireless grid computing market can be divided into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America is expected to dominate the global wireless grid computing market. This can be attributed to presence of giant players owing to an increase in infrastructure and cost-effective software ownership. Players include Oracle Corporation, Apple Inc., Dell Inc., Sun Microsystems, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, Sybase, Platform Computing Inc., IBM Corporation, DataSynapse Inc., and Altair Engineering.
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to be the fastest growing market. China and India are thriving economies that will lead and support heavy investment in wireless grid computing in the region. This heavy investment can be attributed to a developing IT and telecommunication sector in the region.
Global Wireless Grid Computing Market: Competition Landscape
- Industry players engaged in the wireless grid computing market have been actively focused on inorganic development strategies that involve partnerships, collaborations, mergers, and acquisition with smaller firms to enhance their service portfolios and gain a major market share. Several new entrants are actively looking for a chance to enter the market that will further drive competition in the wireless grid computing market. Moreover, industry participants are constantly engaged in research & development activities to enhance product offerings that will meet the requirements of customers and retain the customer base.
Key players operating in the global wireless grid computing market include:
- Oracle Corporation
- Apple Inc.
- Dell Inc.
- Sun Microsystems
- Hewlett-Packard Enterprises
- Platform Computing Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- DataSynapse Inc.
- Altair Engineering
- ENIT Systems
- Kandou Bus
- Real-Time Innovations
- GridGain Systems
- Colorado Engineering Inc.
- AutoGrid Systems
Global Wireless Grid Computing Market: Research Scope
Global Wireless Grid Computing Market, by Architecture
- Fixed Wireless Grids
- Mobile or Dynamic Wireless Grids
- Ad Hoc grids
- Sensor Network Grids
Global Wireless Grid Computing Market, by Functionality
- Compute Intensive
- Data Intensive
- Utility Grid
- Self-organized Grid
- Real Time Grid
Global Wireless Grid Computing Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Size Enterprise (SMEs)
- Large Enterprise
Global Wireless Grid Computing Market, by Application
- Research & Scientific
- Health Science
Global Wireless Grid Computing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.