Telecommunication Market (Hardware, Software/Platform, and Services; Enterprise Size: Small & Medium Enterprises and Large Enterprises; and Industry: Retail & e-Commerce, IT & ITES, Aerospace, Healthcare & Pharmaceutical, Media & Entertainment, Hospitality, Automotive & Manufacturing, Transportation & Logistics, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Telemedicine and Remote Health Services Generate Revenue for Telecoms amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
Vigorous adoption of telecom services during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has led to an unprecedented growth of the global telecommunication market. Since stakeholders in most workplaces and other commercial spaces are practicing self-isolation and social distancing, they are resorting to telecommunication to connect with their employees and customers. The concept of telehealth is surging in the telecommunication market, since patients are preferring contactless diagnosis. Thus, the telemedicine technology is playing an instrumental role for healthcare practitioners in order to lower the risk of infection transmission and to flatten the curve of COVID-19 cases.
Voice and video conferencing has created a wave of transformation in telecommunication services. The burgeoning demand for remote health services is increasing worldwide. Hence, telecom retailers are increasing the availability of different communication and collaborative tools so that individuals can avail full advantage of telemedicine services.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Telecommunication Market?
Cloud Computing and 5G Architectures Meet Fluctuating Demands of Users
5G architectures and cloud computing are paving the way for the adoption of new technologies in the telecommunications market. The growing demand for high-speed connectivity and fast protocols for data transfer are generating incremental opportunities for companies in the telecommunication market. Hence, the market is estimated to cross the ~US$ 2.5 Trn mark by the end of 2030. Stakeholders in the IT & ITES industry are becoming increasingly aware about the advantages of 5G that involve improvements in communication capacities and high-speed data transmission rates.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Analysts of Transparency Market Research predict exponential growth for cloud computing in the market for telecommunication. Cloud computing is being increasingly adopted by stakeholders in the telecom industry to reduce costs in order to compete in the highly globalized market. Moreover, fluctuations in end user demands have encouraged telecommunication companies to adopt cloud computing in order to deploy new services.
Balance Between Online and Offline Trade Benefits Telecom Retail Stores
Companies in the telecommunication market are adopting new business strategies to unlock revenue streams through the consumer sector, B2B as well as the government sector. Since retail & e-Commerce is predicted to generate the second-highest revenue among all industries in the telecommunication market, companies are taking keen interest in developing comprehensive retail strategies to reach right customers. As such, the growing trend of online shopping is benefitting companies in the market for telecommunication, as companies are able to effectively market their products according to requirements of customers.
Furthermore, understanding the product mix is paving the way for success in retail operations. Companies in the market for telecommunication are identifying the mix of their product offerings to maximize customer-service quality in the retail sector. Even though digital services are on the rise, conventional brick-and-mortar stores offer a live experience to customers, which is often missing in the digital space. Hence, stakeholders owning telecom retail stores are tapping revenue opportunities in both online and offline to enhance the consumer buying experience.
Established Players Face Tough Competition from New Companies in India Telecommunication Market
The global telecommunication market is largely fragmented with emerging players accounting for ~70%-75% of the market stake. Likewise, the India telecommunication market is highly competitive, thus posing tough competition to several companies. Chief information officers (CIOs) and chief technology officer (CTOs) have reported a slump in return on investment due to the burgeoning competition in the Indian market. This is evident since India is one of the rapidly developing countries in Asia Pacific. Moreover, the Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the telecommunication market during the forecast period.
It has been reported that new market players eat into legacy revenue streams of the key established market players. Emerging players in India are experiencing revenue growth with the Internet of Things (IoT) and 5G architecture. Hence, leading players in India are aiming to strike the right balance between transformation of processes and people within their organizations to gain an edge over newcomers.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Telecommunication Market
Due to increased traffic load on networks amidst the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has pledged support to the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI). As such, telecoms are adopting the IoT technology to monitor their data centers and base stations in order to reduce downtime of their networks.
The telecommunication market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of ~5% throughout the assessment period. However, the highly competitive nature of the market is blurring the lines between telecoms and technology vendors. Hence, telecoms should conduct a competitive analysis of various ICT innovations and adopt innovative tools for maintaining organizational flexibility
Telecommunication Market: Overview
- The global telecommunication market was valued at ~US$ 2 Trn in 2019 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~5% from 2020 to 2030, reaching US$ 2.5 Trn by the end of the forecast period
- According to the report, the global telecommunication market will continue to be influenced by a range of macroeconomic and industry-specific factors. Asia Pacific will remain at the forefront of the global demand, with the market in the region expected to grow at a higher rate throughout the forecast period.
- All businesses are affected by the increasing lockdown situation due to COVID-19. Demand for telecommunication solutions is expected to increase with the adoption of different cloud based communication platform solutions across all regions.
Rising Penetration of Mobile Devices and Benefits Offered by Cloud Telephony Solutions Driving Telecommunication Market
- Tablets and smartphones support audio and video conferencing, instant messaging (IM), email, and social networking via PBX mobile extensions and software clients. Hence, a majority of IP PBX vendors have integrated voice into their UCC portfolios to further extend the enterprise UCC functionality to tablets, cell phones, and smartphones via mobile client software. This functionality was traditionally available only through softphones and desktop phones.
- According to the Ericsson Mobility Report – 2017, smartphone subscriptions are expected to more than double by the end of 2020. Around 70% of the world’s population is anticipated to own a smartphone to get connected to the Internet by the end of 2020.
- Deployment of cloud telephony solutions has enabled enterprises to reduce their capital expenditure (CAPEX) associated with installation of hardware. It has also supported organizations to enhance their focus on revenue-generating operations, thereby eliminating the need for hiring and retaining operational staff for management of communication equipment in an organization.
- Users can access these solutions from any Internet-connected device, which shores up their productivity and allows usage of various cloud-based telecommunication services from any remote location
- Additionally, deployment of cloud-based telephony solutions allow employees to remain connected with the organization as well as other employees, thereby increasing their work efficiency. Thus, urbanization and globalization, along with technology and device proliferation is expected to escalate the growth of the telecommunication market during the forecast period.
Telecommunication Market: Scope of the Report
- The report offers detailed segmentation based on component, enterprise size, and industry. In terms of component, hardware is expected to rise at a steady CAGR during the forecast period 2020 to 2030.
- The hardware sub-segment includes broadcast communication equipment, telecom infrastructure equipment, and consumer premise equipment, which have contributed to a huge proportion of the overall telecommunication market revenue
- Based on component, software/platform sub-segment includes on-premise and cloud based. The services segment is predicted to rise at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Services includes telecommunication services, installation & integration services, repair & maintenance services, and managed services.
- Based on enterprise size, large enterprise is the topmost revenue generating segment, which contributed the most to the global revenue in the telecommunication market. On the other hand, the small and medium enterprises segment is predicted to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020 to 2030.
- In terms of industry, the telecommunication market is segmented into retail & e-Commerce, IT & ITES, aerospace, healthcare & pharmaceutical, media & entertainment, hospitality, automotive, manufacturing, transportation & logistics, and others (oil & gas, utilities, and education)
Telecommunication Market: Competition Dynamics
- The global telecommunication market comprises large as well as mid-sized manufacturers and service providers. Service providers in the telecommunication market are currently focusing on introducing advanced telecommunication and integrating new capabilities within telecommunication platforms to enable telecommunication services across company boundaries, and meet the need to manage communication with multiple offices and employees.
- Moreover, vendors are adopting partnerships and acquisition strategies to proficiently compete in the regional market
- Some of the significant players in the global telecommunication market include
- 8x8 Inc.
- AT&T, Inc.
- BT Group plc
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Huawei Technologies Co.
- Nokia Corporation
- Orange S.A.
- The Nippon Telegraph and Telephone (NTT) Corporation
- Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Vodafone Group Plc.
- West Corporation (Intrado Corporation)
Telecommunication Market – Scope of the Report
A latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global telecommunication market, to accurately gauge its potential future development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the telecommunication market, to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the telecommunication market will progress during the forecast period 2020-2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the telecommunication market that aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the telecommunication market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the telecommunication market, and estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Mn).
The study covers a detailed segmentation of the telecommunication market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions the company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the telecommunication market, wherein various developments, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Telecommunication Market
The report provides detailed information about the telecommunication market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that play a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the telecommunication industry, so as to help them make successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of the advantages of telecommunication services?
- What are the various trends in the global telecommunication market across the world and key market opportunities?
- What will be the revenue share of the global telecommunication market in terms of different telecommunication platforms?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the telecommunication market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the competitive strategies of key players operating in Brazil, the U.S., and the global market?
- Which industry segment is expected to generate maximum revenue in telecommunication during the forecast period?
Research Methodology – Telecommunication Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for combining the telecommunication market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations, and authentic forecasts of the telecommunication market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the telecommunication market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the telecommunication market.
Telecommunication Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the telecommunication market on the basis of component, enterprise size, industry, and region. Based on component, the market is categorized into hardware, software, and services. Hardware is further segmented into broadcast communication equipment, telecoms infrastructure equipment, and consumer premise equipment. Software/platform is classified into on-premise and cloud-based. Services is segmented into telecommunication services, installation & integration services, repair & maintenance services, and managed services. Based on enterprise size, the global telecommunication market segment is categorized into small & medium enterprises and large enterprises. Based on industry, the market is segmented into retail & e-Commerce, IT & ITES, aerospace, healthcare & pharmaceutical, media & entertainment, hospitality, automotive, manufacturing, transportation & logistics, and others (oil & gas, utilities, education). Revenue data is estimated for all the above mentioned segments.