Global Wayside Control Systems Market – Introduction
- Wayside control systems easily connect train operations to back-of?ce management for monitoring, vital signaling, and other applications. Wayside control systems effortlessly integrate control, networking, and information processing in a single automation control system.
- Wayside control systems helps to expand industrial network efficiently & quickly, and their industrial-grade design also assures stability & reliability. Wayside control systems are generally used in the rail industry.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increasing budget for development of railways driving the global wayside control systems market
- Emerging countries such as India and China are digitalizing their railway infrastructure by allocating higher budgets for the same. For instance, according to India Brand Equity Foundation, India is expected to allocate a budget of US$124.13 Bn to its railway sector from 2018 to 2022, which was US$18.8 Bn in 2017.
- Simultaneously, numerous countries worldwide are constantly focusing on increasing their rail budget to adopt novel technologies such as rolling stock, wayside control systems, etc. For instance, according to the Canadian government, the Canadian National Railway (CN) department invested approximately US$320 Mn in Ontario to enhance the railway structure. Therefore, increasing budgets or expenditure for development of railways is driving the global wayside control systems market.
Rise in use of public transport services to minimize traffic congestions, expected to be an opportunity in near future for the market
- Road transportation is becoming more and more crowded with the upsurge in sale of private vehicles including passenger cars and bikes, which leads to road congestion or road blockage. Direct costs connected with road blockage is expected to reach approximately 2% of GDP as these blockages directly translate into extra money and time.
- Other public transportation options such as trams, passenger trains, metros, and monorails are capable of carrying many passengers on board. At the same time, they help to free up the road space to be utilized by other vehicles. This in turn encourages the growth of public transport and the adoption of novel technologies such as wayside control systems.
Lack of proper rail infrastructure expected to significantly hamper the wayside control systems market
- Many underdeveloped countries across the globe suffer from lack of proper rail infrastructure due to the absence of integrated planning, low budgets, and huge information gap. This results in low adoption of novel technologies or digitalization in the railway sector in countries such as South Africa.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Wayside Control Systems Market, Request for a Sample
North America to hold major share of the global wayside control systems market
- In terms of region, the global wayside control systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global wayside control systems market during the forecast period due to increasing demand for energy-efficient transport which indicates potential growth for the wayside control systems market. Europe is estimated to be the second largest market for wayside control systems from 2019 to 2027. Increasing investment for the growth of railway networks specifically in U.K. and Germany is likely to drive the wayside control systems market in the region.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly expanding region of the global wayside control systems market during the forecast period due to increasing government funding for electrification of railway tracks, which is expected to increase the adoption of wayside control systems in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Wayside Control Systems Market
- Advantech Co., Ltd.
- Kyosan Electric Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- LILEE Systems
- MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH
- Siemens Ag
- Wabtec Corporation
Global Wayside Control Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Wayside Control Systems Market, by Component
Global Wayside Control Systems Market, by Application
- Automatic Train Control (ATC)
- Automatic Train Protection (ATP)
- Automatic Train Operation (ATO)
- Automatic Train Supervision (ATS)
- Centralized Traffic Control (CTC)
Global Wayside Control Systems Market, by Industry
Global Wayside Control Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.