Global Slide Preparation Systems Market: Snapshot
Technological advances in slide preparation systems market stems from the growing wave of automation in hematology laboratories. The drive has emanated from the need to improve the operational efficiency in hematology laboratories. Pathologists are hard-pressed to adopt lean process of testing for meeting substantial growth in demand for pathology testing. To a great extent, this is due to need for maintaining a good profitability in the face of rising healthcare costs. Advent of automated slide preparation systems that meet the next-generation need of hematology laboratories in developing and developed nations has catalyzed growth in the slide preparation systems market. Over the past few years, the diagnostic relevance of peripheral blood films has risen to high proportions, which propels technology innovations in slide preparation systems. On the other hand, the market has been witnessing a consistent impetus from the growing demand for screening, diagnosis, and monitoring of disease progression.
Several benefits of automated slide preparation systems account for their increasing popularity, thereby opening new avenues in the slide preparation systems market. For instance, they help ensure consistency of results. Rising deployment of such systems in high-volume hematology laboratories in various regions has bolstered the prospects of the slide preparation systems market. A large demands for pathology tests that use automated slide preparation systems come from chronic disease management.
Slide Preparation Systems Market: Overview
Slide preparation, staining, probing and analysis require tools and equipment that yields high-quality samples. Slide preparation systems comprise an automated device which helps in the preparation of cytology slides. With the help of the device, cells are collected in suspension on a filter tape by filtration and are then dispersed, after which it is transferred to a glass slide using pressure-fixation technology. The usual process of the slide preparation system includes cell preservation, dispersion, enrichment, pipetting, sedimentation, staining and coverslipping, which finally leads to the preparation of slide for cytology screening.
The overall slide preparation system results in clean and uniform samples accompanied with better visualization of the cells to be diagnosed. Better diagnosis of the cells through slide testing would result in improved assessment and management of the patients’ conditions with various forms of illnesses. The slide preparation system is an extremely useful device for the preparation of slides from various cytological preparations as the systems are automated to provide standardized results, thereby enabling easier interpretation of the cell sample. These slide preparation systems are compatible with a number of reagents for staining frozen sections, paraffin-embedded tissue, cell smears and fine-needle aspirates.
Slide Preparation Systems Market: Segmentation
Based on components of the automated systems, the slide preparation systems market can be segmented as follows:
- Staining module: Staining module comprises all the staining tools such as automated strainers which create an optimized environment for the preparation of slides
- Fluidics module: Fluidic module comprises various bottles which provide on-board bulk fluid capacity for up to 90 slides
- Waste module: Waste module has level-sensing containers that provide walk-away capacity for up to 90 slides
By geography, the slide preparation systems market is divided into four broad segments: North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Rest of the World (RoW). Currently, it is North America that holds a leading position, with Europe trailing behind the market leader.
Slide Preparation Systems Market: Drivers
The prime reasons which are driving the growth of the market in these regions are significant scientific and technological advances in instrumentation pertaining to slide preparation, and increasing demand for accurate treatment solutions for patients. Furthermore, certain factors such as optimum quality of slides, and increased workflow and turnaround time are also propelling the growth of slide preparation systems market. Asia is one of the most promising markets for the growth of slide preparation systems market due to the presence of vast population and various emerging economies.
The factors which would prove conducive toward the growth of the slide preparation systems market in Asia Pacific are increasing need of lab scientists for pre-programmed protocols and customized programs for the preparation of slides, thereby enhancing the overall lab productivity. In addition, other factors such as favorable taxation policy, presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure and beneficial reimbursement scenario in Asia Pacific would augment the growth of slide preparation systems market in coming few years.
Slide Preparation Systems Market: Competitive Scenario
Various breakthroughs of varying degrees in diagnostic technologies and stiff competition in slide preparation systems market are paving way for a number of opportunities. Some of the top companies operating in the slide preparation systems market are Hologic, Inc., Leica Microsystems, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., BioGenex Laboratories Inc., Thermo Electron Corp., Sakura Finetek USA Inc., TriPath Imaging Inc., Ventana Medical Systems Inc., Cytyc Corp., Lab Vision Corp., Vision BioSystems Inc., Hycor Biomedical Inc., DakoCytomation California Inc., ELITechGroup and others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.