Cellular IoT Connections and Connectivity: Introduction
- Cellular IoT connections and connectivity is a complex network, a method of connecting physical things such as sensors to the internet. Cellular IoT connections and connectivity is the mainstay of driving secure connections of different devices to the internet across different sectors. Cellular IoT connections and connectivity include many sub-categories of network technology such as 2G, 3G, LTE Cat.0, LTE Cat M, NB-IoT, 4G LTE, and LTE Advanced. At present, most cellular IoT applications use one of two technologies: LTE-M or NB-IoT.
- Cellular IoT connections and connectivity is a complete system of wearables, IoT devices, and sensors that use edge and cloud computing to create a connection.
- The global cellular IoT connections and connectivity market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to advancement in technologies across the globe.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Cellular IoT Connections and Connectivity Market: Dynamics
Global Cellular IoT Connections and Connectivity Market: Key Drivers
- Surge in demand for extended network coverage among end-users is a major factor likely to accelerate the cellular IoT connections and connectivity market in the next few years.
- Rise in demand for better communication and interaction with the physical environment to accomplish a broad range of activities in a more efficient and informed manner across the globe is estimated to boost the growth of the cellular IoT connections and connectivity market during the forecast period.
- Additionally, rise in adoption of cloud computing technologies among various sectors is projected to boost the demand for cellular IoT connections and connectivity across the globe.
- Rising demand for cellular IoT connectivity in the automotive sector is also expected to propel the cellular IoT connections and connectivity market during the forecast period.
- Increasing adoption of smart technologies, distributed applications, and advent of 5G is anticipated to boost the cellular IoT connections and connectivity market.
- Currenty, various sectors are focused on wireless technologies, which is expected to create new opportunities for the cellular IoT connection and connectivity market during the forecast period.
Global Cellular IoT Connections and Connectivity Market: Restraints
- Technology fragmentation and strong competition from low power wide area network (LPWAN) technologies is the major factor projected to hinder the global cellular IoT connections and connectivity market in the next few years.
- Lack of regulations for spectrum allocation is also anticipated to hamper the cellular IoT connections and connectivity market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report?
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Cellular IoT Connections and Connectivity Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by this pandemic. Most manufacturing or production of goods have been temporarily suspended all over the world. Businesses have been adversely impacted in most countries due to partial or full lockdown. This in turn is projected to indirectly hamper the global cellular IoT connections and connectivity market in the next few years. Lack of industrial activity is expected to result in low cash flows, further hampering the funding of projects.
North America to Hold a Major Share of the Global Cellular IoT Connections and Connectivity Market
- In terms of region, the global cellular IoT connections and connectivity market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global cellular IoT connections and connectivity market in 2019. The U.S. is the key market in the region due to the increasing adoption of cellular IoT connectivity in the automotive, transport & logistics, and wearable sector.
- The cellular IoT connections and connectivity market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing number of smart city and smart infrastructure projects across China, Japan, and India in the region.
Global Cellular IoT Connections and Connectivity Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and global players are active in the cellular IoT connections and connectivity market with a strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have created significant opportunities in the global cellular IoT connections and connectivity market. Market players are increasingly focusing on collaboration, mergers, and acquisition activities with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions in order to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in the Global Cellular IoT Connections and Connectivity Market Include:
- ARM Limited
- Ericsson AB
- Gemalto NV
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Mediatek Inc.
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Sequans Communications S.A.
- Sierra Wireless
- Telit Communications PLC
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Vodafone Group plc
- ZTE Corporation
Global Cellular IoT Connections and Connectivity Market: Research Scope
Global Cellular IoT Connections and Connectivity Market, by Component
Global Cellular IoT Connections and Connectivity Market, by Technology
Global Cellular IoT Connections and Connectivity Market, by End-user
- Transportation & Logistics
- Energy & Utilities
- Consumer Electronics
- Building Automation
Global Cellular IoT Connections and Connectivity Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.