Navigation & Mapping Solutions Market: Introduction
- Global positioning signals are broadcast by GPS satellites to enable satellite navigation. The mapping solution is also called digital cartography. It is a procedure by which a collection of data is formatted and compiled into a virtual image.
- The initial function of navigation & mapping solutions is to produce maps that provide a precise representation of a specific area; notifying major roads pathways and other points of interest. The navigation & mapping solution also provides distances from one place to another.
- Navigation & mapping solutions takes help of GIS (Geographic Information Systems) for map making and geographic analysis. It helps to perform the tasks faster and with more sophistication than traditional manual method.
- Navigation & mapping solutions provide a graphic display of geographic information for presentation and analysis. Navigation & mapping solutions store data on geographical features and their characteristics. The information is saved using spatial directories, which makes it possible to classify the structures located in arbitrary regions of a map.
Navigation & Mapping Solutions Market: Dynamics
Navigation & Mapping Solutions Market: Key Drivers
- Navigation & mapping solutions plays an important role in engineering and construction companies, as they supports all stages of the infrastructure lifecycle. Navigation & mapping solutions also help construction engineers share, manage, and visualize territory data, and generate reports that can be evaluated and communicated to others.
- Navigation & mapping solutions support mobile applications and web services, which provide real-time updates to users. Technologies based on 3D platforms and augmented reality use GIS information to deliver virtual information about the user and his surroundings.
- Navigation & mapping solutions use cloud technology, as it is used for an essential role in distributing data that supports interconnected communications. Big data is also utilized in mapping solutions. Furthermore, the solutions employ predictive modeling-enabled big data, which helps in developing a strategy for geographic territory operations.
- A lack of awareness and appropriate knowledge pose a challenge to the navigation & mapping solutions market. Hence increasing awareness among customers and knowledge sharing through different means, such as ROI analysis, forums, and industry conferences, are projected to fuel the market.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Navigation & Mapping Solutions Market
- Increase in cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in an economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by the pandemic. COVID-19 has a negative impact on the navigation & mapping solutions market. Some companies have withheld all investments in advanced business solutions and tools due to the low return on investment.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Navigation & Mapping Solutions Market
- In terms of region, the global navigation & mapping solutions market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global navigation & mapping solutions market in 2020. The U.S. is a key market in the adoption of new technologies. Strong financial position enables the country to invest heavily in the adoption of leading tools and technologies to ensure efficient business operations
Key Players Operating in the Global Navigation & Mapping Solutions Market
- Telenav, Inc.
Telenav, Inc. was incorporated in 1999 and is headquartered in California, U.S. The company is the leading provider of location-based services comprising voice-guided navigation for mobile phones. Telenav operating segments include advertising, automotive, and mobile navigation. In terms of revenue, automotive is a highly lucrative segment of the company.
- Google, LLC
Google, LLC was incorporated in 1998 and is headquartered in California, U.S. Google is a multinational company that develops and provides Internet-based products and services. The company offers a wide range of solutions such as Google Search, Maps, Android Platform, Chrome Browser, YouTube, Google Play, Gmail, and smartphones. The company caters to customers across the globe.
Other key players operating in the global navigation & mapping solutions market include Trimble, Inc., Intellias, Ltd., Garmin, Ltd., Top Positioning Systems, Inc., NovAtel, Inc., Sygic, Indoor Atlas, Intrix, Nearmap, and Magellan.
Navigation & Mapping Solutions Market: Research Scope
Navigation & Mapping Solutions Market, by Component
- Web Mapping
- GPS enabled Services
- Mapping Data
- Professional Service
- Managed Services
Navigation & Mapping Solutions Market, by Application
- Routing & Navigation
- Geocoding & Geopositioning
- Real-time location Data Management
- Routing & Navigation
- Asset Tracking
Navigation & Mapping Solutions Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.