An integrated industrial automation system involves complete automation of manufacturing plants, wherein all manufacturing processes are controlled by computers. Integration of the control system and information across industries enables companies to improve their operations by connecting the site, plant, facility, and employees with one another. Integrated industrial automation is used for increasing the production line efficiency and improve operational processes. An integrated industrial automation system includes technologies such as computer-aided process planning, flexible machine system, automated material handling, and computerized production and scheduling system.
The choice of integrated industrial automation system changes as per the industry functionality. In the car manufacturing industry, use of integrated industrial automation systems helps increase the production of cars and reduce human errors. Several industries are adopting this technology to improve their operational efficiency and returns on investment (RoI). In the couriers & packaging industry, storage of a package and its retrieval from a specific warehouse location are required, for which the automatic storage and retrieval system can be used. In the production process, the integrated industrial automation system records the information of every product automatically and finds defects in products. The manufacturing industry is expected to witness increase in the adoption of integrated industrial automation systems for improvement in the quality of products and increase in the production.
Increasing use of programmable automation controllers, cloud-based supervisory control, and data acquisition systems is driving the integrated industrial automation systems market. The manufacturing industry is implementing these systems from the viewpoint of safety of machines and employees of the company. Companies are adopting these automation systems in order to avoid accidents during the heavy machine manufacturing process. This factor is likely to propel the integrated industrial automation systems market in the next few years. Additionally, increasing use of analytics by manufacturing companies for improving the quality of products and processes is expected to augment the demand for integrated industrial automation systems during the forecast period. For improving the process control, manufacturers are expected to introduce the new cloud control automation systems in their manufacturing plants. Increasing demand for automation systems in health care and chemical industries is expected to generate lucrative opportunities for providers of automation systems in the near future. Complete automation of manufacturing plants requires high initial investments. High prices of automation systems are projected to restrain the demand for these systems in small-scale industries during the forecast period.
The integrated industrial automation systems market can be segmented based on application, enterprise size, end-user, and geography. Based on application, the integrated industrial automation systems market can be categorized into computer-supported design & manufacturing, automatic storage & retrieval, automated conveyers & cranes, automatic material handling, and others. The others application segment includes computerized production & scheduling and flexible systems. Based on enterprise size, the integrated industrial automation systems market can be divided into small and medium enterprises and large enterprises. Adoption of automation systems is expected to be high in large enterprises in the next few years, so as to control their large production volumes and reduce expenses on workers. In terms of end-user, the integrated industrial automation systems market can be classified into automobile, manufacturing, and chemical.
Based on geography, the global integrated industrial automation systems market can be segmented into Middle East & Africa, Asia Pacific, North America, South America, and Europe. North America is expected to hold the leading share of the global integrated industrial automation systems market during the forecast period, due to growing adoption of automation systems in the manufacturing industry in the region for increasing production efficiency and safety of workers. Asia Pacific is expected to be a rapidly expanding integrated industrial automation systems market from 2018 to 2026, due to increase in technological advancements and growth of the manufacturing sector in the region. Major companies are expanding their production line with the help of integrated industrial automation systems to reduce manufacturing expenses and enhance operational efficiency by using the new automation technologies.
Major players operating in the global integrated industrial automation systems market are ABB Ltd, Siemens AG, Fanuc Corporation, Yokogawa Electric Corporation, Emerson Electric Co., Kuka AG, Schneider Electric SE, Rockwell Automation, Inc., Honeywell Process Solutions, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, OMRON Corporation, and Danaher Industrial Ltd.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.