Digital Ordering Platform - Introduction
- A digital ordering platform is a system that enables customer to place an order to purchase and to sell a product through a webpage or application. The digital ordering platform provides a complete sale channel for restaurants, grocery shops, cloths and electronics products, etc.
- It also minimizes manpower required for the supply chain management process of a company. Increase in adoption of digital ordering platform is expected to reduce the expense and time spent by customers to visit restaurants, grocery stores, etc. The digital ordering platform is also known as virtual ordering or contactless ordering platform
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market: Dynamics
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market: Key Drivers
- Rising penetration of internet and increasing number of users of smart devices in various countries across the globe are key factors that are expected to boost the demand for digital ordering platform
- Adoption of digital technologies is increasing by emerging business players of food, finance as well as e-commerce industries in order to provide online ordering service to their customers by adopting digital ordering platform. This factor is projected to drive the demand for the digital ordering platform during the forecast period.
- Rising awareness among consumers about mobile-based delivery aggregators, such as Swiggy, Zomato, Dunzo, etc., due to increasing adoption of digital ordering platform in various industries, is anticipated to boost the market
- Technological disruptions faced by digital ordering platform hampers the market
- Delay in delivery is also a key factor restraining the digital ordering platform market
- Increasing disposable income to spend on technologies offer significant opportunities for the digital ordering platform market
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Digital Ordering Platform Market
- COVID-19 impacted the global economy, which resulted in economic slowdown. This pandemic created disruptions in supply chain management in every industry and caused financial disruptions in various businesses.
- Integration of digital technologies has accelerated in various businesses, and industries and have created various digital ordering platforms to provide easy and quick ordering service to their customers
- Thus, COVID-19 has had a positive impact on the digital ordering platform during the lockdown situation, and it is estimated to propel the market in the next few years
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Digital Ordering Platform Market
- In terms of region, the global digital ordering platform market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to hold for a prominent share of the global digital ordering platform market due to the presence of several prominent players of digital ordering platform market in the region. Integration of digital ordering platforms is increasing in various industries in order to boost revenues of those industries in the region.
- Increase in number of internet subscribers in Asia Pacific is estimated to fuel the adoption of digital ordering platform in the region during the forecast period
- Increase in penetration of emerging players of the digital platform market in Middle East & Africa is projected to propel the demand for digital ordering platforms in the region
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market: Competition Landscape
- Rapid technological advancements in the digital ordering platform have created significant opportunities for the market
- Integration of point-of-sale system with one of the key player of digital ordering platform, Zomato Limited, helps to track sales transaction and to accept payments from customers in order to provide better customer experience
Key Players Operating in Global Digital Ordering Platform Market Include:
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- Bigbasket (Innovative Retail Concepts Pvt Ltd )
- Craftsvilla Handicrafts Pvt Limited
- Domino's Pizza, Inc.
- Flipkart Internet Private Limited
- Just Eat Holding Limited
- Orderhive Inc.
- Ordering, Inc.
- Pepperfry Private Limited
- Rebel Foods Private Limited
- Reliance Retail Ltd.
- Shopify Inc.
- Uber Technologies Inc.
- Walmart Inc.
- Zomato Limited
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market: Research Scope
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market, by Component
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market, by Organization Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small & Medium-sized Enterprises
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market, by Channel Type
- Mobile Application
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market, by Payment Method
- Cash on Delivery
- Online Payment
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market, by End-user
- IT & Telecommunication
- Travel & hospitality
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!