Digital Ordering Platform - Introduction
- A digital ordering platform is a system that enables customer to place an order to purchase and to sell a product through a webpage or application. The digital ordering platform provides a complete sale channel for restaurants, grocery shops, cloths and electronics products, etc.
- It also minimizes manpower required for the supply chain management process of a company. Increase in adoption of digital ordering platform is expected to reduce the expense and time spent by customers to visit restaurants, grocery stores, etc. The digital ordering platform is also known as virtual ordering or contactless ordering platform
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market: Dynamics
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market: Key Drivers
- Rising penetration of internet and increasing number of users of smart devices in various countries across the globe are key factors that are expected to boost the demand for digital ordering platform
- Adoption of digital technologies is increasing by emerging business players of food, finance as well as e-commerce industries in order to provide online ordering service to their customers by adopting digital ordering platform. This factor is projected to drive the demand for the digital ordering platform during the forecast period.
- Rising awareness among consumers about mobile-based delivery aggregators, such as Swiggy, Zomato, Dunzo, etc., due to increasing adoption of digital ordering platform in various industries, is anticipated to boost the market
- Technological disruptions faced by digital ordering platform hampers the market
- Delay in delivery is also a key factor restraining the digital ordering platform market
- Increasing disposable income to spend on technologies offer significant opportunities for the digital ordering platform market
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Digital Ordering Platform Market
- COVID-19 impacted the global economy, which resulted in economic slowdown. This pandemic created disruptions in supply chain management in every industry and caused financial disruptions in various businesses.
- Integration of digital technologies has accelerated in various businesses, and industries and have created various digital ordering platforms to provide easy and quick ordering service to their customers
- Thus, COVID-19 has had a positive impact on the digital ordering platform during the lockdown situation, and it is estimated to propel the market in the next few years
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Digital Ordering Platform Market
- In terms of region, the global digital ordering platform market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to hold for a prominent share of the global digital ordering platform market due to the presence of several prominent players of digital ordering platform market in the region. Integration of digital ordering platforms is increasing in various industries in order to boost revenues of those industries in the region.
- Increase in number of internet subscribers in Asia Pacific is estimated to fuel the adoption of digital ordering platform in the region during the forecast period
- Increase in penetration of emerging players of the digital platform market in Middle East & Africa is projected to propel the demand for digital ordering platforms in the region
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market: Competition Landscape
- Rapid technological advancements in the digital ordering platform have created significant opportunities for the market
- Integration of point-of-sale system with one of the key player of digital ordering platform, Zomato Limited, helps to track sales transaction and to accept payments from customers in order to provide better customer experience
Key Players Operating in Global Digital Ordering Platform Market Include:
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- Bigbasket (Innovative Retail Concepts Pvt Ltd )
- Craftsvilla Handicrafts Pvt Limited
- Domino's Pizza, Inc.
- Flipkart Internet Private Limited
- Just Eat Holding Limited
- Orderhive Inc.
- Ordering, Inc.
- Pepperfry Private Limited
- Rebel Foods Private Limited
- Reliance Retail Ltd.
- Shopify Inc.
- Uber Technologies Inc.
- Walmart Inc.
- Zomato Limited
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market: Research Scope
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market, by Component
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market, by Organization Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small & Medium-sized Enterprises
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market, by Channel Type
- Mobile Application
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market, by Payment Method
- Cash on Delivery
- Online Payment
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market, by End-user
- IT & Telecommunication
- Travel & hospitality
Global Digital Ordering Platform Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.