Global Digital Loop Carrier System Market: Introduction
- A digital loop carrier system (DLC system) is employed to provide narrowband and broadband services at the edge of a network. DLC system uses digital techniques to provide a wide range of services to users. A DLC system can manage large volumes of different types of data and audio or conferencing services from different types of transmission cables.
- In telephone communication, a local loop is a physical connection between the telecommunication service provider and the main distribution frame in the user’s premises. With advancements in technology, local loops are being replaced by DLC systems. A DLC system uses digital transmission to convert analog signals into digital ones and to multiplex them back to the endpoint, thereby increasing the number of channels in the local loop.
- DLC system can enable hundreds of conversations to ride over twisted-pair copper wires, thereby increasing the capacity of the installed cable plant. The geographic area served by a DLC system is called the carrier serving area (CSA).
- A DLC system is generally installed within the distance of one mile from the customer premises, either in a secure hardened cabinet placed above the ground or in a weatherproof underground arrangement. The closer the DLC system is to the end-user, the shorter is the analog line and the greater is the outcome in terms of service delivery.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
Global Digital Loop Carrier System Market: Dynamics
- Consumers, both individual and corporate, demand rapid data and video services
- Communication service providers need to allocate more bandwidth than ever before to provide high-speed Internet service. A DLC system is an efficient option to optimize the existing wired network to its full capacity.
- DLC systems enable service providers to rapidly add, delete, or change customer services from their end-office only. This not only saves time, but also proves to be an economically viable option. Also, it eliminates the need to send an installation technician to the site.
- DLC systems also help in meeting the rising demand for additional lines of phones, fax, and data in commercial and residential areas, which is generated due to the existing limited wire (copper) deployment. These systems offer a speedy solution for filling pending orders and reduce labor and equipment costs associated with the line installation.
- Communication service providers need to re-evaluate their existing network planning models and create a new model to accommodate a DLC system. The key challenge is how to effectively utilize the existing network for voice and data services. All these require considerable investments by service providers, which is a big investment decision.
- Certain political scenarios/regulations restrict some key players from providing their DLC systems in a certain geography. Such policies have discouraged the market competition.
To get a bird’s eye view of market forecast, ask for a Custom Report
Global Digital Loop Carrier System Market: Competition Landscape
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Market for Digital Loop Carrier Systems
- As a majority of developing countries belong to Asia Pacific, the region has high potential for building new wired communication networks
- Moreover, in order to fulfill the rising demand for high-speed Internet in developing countries, especially India and China, communication service providers are upgrading their existing networks to incorporate digital loop carrier (DLC) systems
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.: Founded in 1987, Huawei is a leading provider of information & communication technology (ICT) equipment. It also operates in the consumer electronics industry, manufacturing and selling smartphones. The company has headquarters in Shenzhen, China. It operates in more than 170 countries. The company has 36 joint innovation centers and 14 R&D centers across the world, which provides it an edge over its competitors.
- Nokia Corporation: Nokia is a multinational information & communication technology company, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. Founded in 1865, initially as a single paper mill company, Nokia gradually expanded its operations. Finally, in 1967, Nokia Corporation was formed through the merger of three companies. The company manufactures and delivers an end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, and services worldwide.
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson: Established in 1876 with the business name ‘Ericsson’, the company has its global headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Prominently focused on innovations,Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson owns more than 49,000 patents. The company offers services, software and infrastructure solutions for use in communication services, broadband services, business support services, IPTV, cable television, etc.
- Other prominent players operating in the global DLC system market are Cisco Systems, Inc., ZTE Corporation, Ciena Corporation, Samsung Electronics, Advanced Fibre Communications (AFC), ADTRAN, Inc., DASAN Zhone Solutions, Forum Systems, Inc., Actelis Networks, and UTStarcom
Global Digital Loop Carrier System Market: Research Scope
Based on component, the global DLC system market can be classified into:
- Circuit Card
- Chassis with Motherboard
- Others (Connect Port, Access Point, etc.)
In terms of end-user, the global DLC system market can be divided into:
- Managed Service Providers
Regional analysis of the global DLC system market includes:
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Alternate Keywords: Digital transmission, Broadband loop carrier, Fiber to premises
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.