Aerial Thermal Camera Market - Introduction
A thermal camera is a heat detecting sensor. The camera makes videos, or snaps pictures by differentiating in the presence of heat (infrared radiation), i.e. temperature difference. Humans cannot see infrared radiation through the naked eyes; hence, these cameras are handy in various applications. Thermal cameras capture heat signature of objects (the hotter the object, more heat it radiates), turning them into videos and images.
Aerial thermal (infrared) camera or drone-mounted thermal camera can be used for various services, such as Aerial Thermal Imaging Services, Aerial Thermal Inspections, Aerial Thermal Photography etc.
Most common usages of aerial thermal cameras are listed below:
- Industrial inspection: Aerial thermal cameras can be used to cover large industrial areas, such as transmission & distribution lines, power distribution systems, remote construction sites, electrical or telecom high masts or towers, roofing inspections, building surveys of skyscrapers or factories, solar farms monitoring, pipe lines leak detection, conveyor systems, assembly lines, etc.
- Water channel management: Aerial thermal inspection is very useful in water channel management. Concerned authorities can monitor canals, rivulets, and rivers to plan irrigation management programs by considering water availability and other factors in the run time.
- Storage yard inspection: Large storage yards which are highly prone to fire and theft can be effectively monitored against any mishap through aerial thermal inspection.
- Firefighting: Predominantly useful for firefighting, drones equipped with an infrared thermal imaging system helps to see through smoke and keep track of firefighters in massive fire break outs. Also, firefighters will know exact locations of the hottest fire and where fire is diminishing.
- Search and Rescue: Aerial thermal imaging services can be used both day and night for rescue operations. Drones can cover hundreds of kilometer area in minutes.
Apart from the above, aerial thermal cameras have significant usage in border security, maritime, law enforcement, agriculture, etc.
Aerial Thermal Camera Market- Competitive Landscape
Yuneec International Co. Ltd.
Founded in 1999, Yuneec International is based in Jiangsu, China. The company started its business operations with the manufacturing of remote-controlled aircrafts and have evolved as a prominent manufacturer of next-generation aerial video quadcopters. Today, Yuneec International is a big name in thermal imaging and low light camera manufacturing, with its own line of camera drones.
Incorporated in 1978, FLIR Systems is based in Wilsonville, OR, the U.S. The company designs, develops, and manufactures equipment for thermal cameras which can be mounted on drones, visible-light imaging systems, locator systems, and advanced threat detection systems.
The company’s other products are also utilized in situational awareness and security applications, including condition monitoring, navigation, airborne and ground-based surveillance, recreation, search and rescue, transportation safety and efficiency, environmental monitoring, and border and maritime patrol.
Established in 2019 by the merger of Sofradir and ULIS, LYNRED is based in Veurey-Voroize, France. Together, Sofradir and ULIS have more than 35 years of experience in the design and manufacture of high-quality infrared imaging detectors. Their gigantic portfolio of infrared detectors comprises the entire electromagnetic spectrum.
Founded in 2000, Xenics is based in Leuven, Belgium. The company engages in the design and manufacture of infrared sensors, cores, and cameras for machine vision, industrial automation, high-end security applications, and process control. It offers a complete portfolio of line-scan and 2D area scan products.
Founded in 2012, Seek Thermal is based in Santa Barbara, CA, the U.S. The company engages in the design and manufacture of superior quality thermal cameras and core platforms for commercial and consumer applications.
Aerial Thermal Camera Market Dynamics
Enhanced Security & Inspection Capabilities
Aerial thermal cameras help in locating victims and objects in very dark, smoky, dusty, foggy, or rainy conditions. These modern cameras also have a color alarm feature that helps to select a particular temperature range, and the camera only displays a color thermal image of desired objects that are either above or below the selected temperature.
High Maintenance Cost
Aerial thermal cameras and its carry vehicles (drones, helicopters, or fixed-wing aircrafts) require high maintenance during non-working time. Change in atmospheric conditions can harm sensors and other delicate parts.
Aerial Thermal Camera Market - Segmentation
Based on imaging type, the aerial thermal camera market can be classified into:
- Vertical Imaging
- Oblique Imaging
In terms of application, the aerial thermal camera market can be split into:
- Geospatial Mapping
- Disaster Management
- Energy & Resource Management
- Surveillance & Monitoring
- Urban Planning
- Conservation & Research
In terms of industry, the aerial thermal camera market can be categorized into:
- Public Safety
- Law Enforcement
- Military & Defense
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Archaeology & Civil Engineering
- Oil & Gas
Regional analysis of the global aerial thermal camera market includes:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Aerial Infrared Camera, Aerial Thermographic Imaging, Infrared Thermography Imaging.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.