X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market: Overview
- X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) is inherited disorder characterized by reduced or low phosphate levels due to abnormal processing in the kidneys. This results in loss of phosphate in the urine leading to softening or weakening of bones.
- The disorder is usually diagnosed in children with symptoms such as bent or bowed legs, severe dental & bone pain, and short stature. This is due to mutation in the PHEX gene on the X chromosome.
- The disorder is inherited in X-linked dominant manner as the gene responsible for the condition is located on the X chromosome. Also, women with X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) have 50% of chance to pass the disorder to her children.
- High-dose calcitriol, an active form of vitamin D and supplements of phosphate are primarily used as treatment regime. Other treatments include corrective surgery, growth hormones, and dental treatment.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market Report
Drivers of Global X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market
- Rise in expenditure on research & development activities for genetic diseases, increase in penetration of market players focusing on the development of new therapeutic treatment for rare disease and collaborative efforts between pharmaceutical companies for developing therapies for genetic disorders are expected to drive the global X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market
- Moreover, recent approval of drugs for X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) by regulatory authorities across the globe is projected to boost the growth of the market during the forecast period
- In December, 2018, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc. and Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd announced approval for Crysvita, burosumab injection by Heath Canada for the treatment of X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) in adult and pediatric patients
- In February 2018, the European Commission granted marketing authorization for Crysvita allowing the drug to be marketed in 28 countries across Europe
- In January 2019, Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd submitted an application for manufacturing and marketing approval with Japan's Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHLW) for burosumab
Pediatric Segment to Gain Market Share
- Based on age group, the global X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market can be classified into pediatric, adults, and elderly
- The pediatric segment is anticipated to gain significant share in the global X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market during the forecast period, owing to increase in prevalence of genetic disorders among children, rise in emphasis on early diagnosis & treatment of disorders among children, and significant increase in availability of therapeutic options of treatment of rare disorders among children
Hospital Pharmacies Segment to Exhibit Significant Growth
- Based on distribution channel, the global X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- The hospital pharmacies segment is anticipated to gain significant share in the global X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market during the forecast period, owing to rise in demand for pharmaceuticals and drug supplies for children
North America to Hold Major Share of Global X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market during the forecast period. Growth of the X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market in the region can be ascribed to the product approvals by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and increase in awareness about available treatment for genetic disorders.
- In April 2018, the FDA approved Crysvita for the treatment of X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) patients in the U.S.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market Report
Key Players in Global X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market
Major players operating in the global X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market are:
- Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical
Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd
Global X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market: Research Scope
Global X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market, by Age Group
Global X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis