X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market: Overview
- X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) is inherited disorder characterized by reduced or low phosphate levels due to abnormal processing in the kidneys. This results in loss of phosphate in the urine leading to softening or weakening of bones.
- The disorder is usually diagnosed in children with symptoms such as bent or bowed legs, severe dental & bone pain, and short stature. This is due to mutation in the PHEX gene on the X chromosome.
- The disorder is inherited in X-linked dominant manner as the gene responsible for the condition is located on the X chromosome. Also, women with X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) have 50% of chance to pass the disorder to her children.
- High-dose calcitriol, an active form of vitamin D and supplements of phosphate are primarily used as treatment regime. Other treatments include corrective surgery, growth hormones, and dental treatment.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market Report
Drivers of Global X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market
- Rise in expenditure on research & development activities for genetic diseases, increase in penetration of market players focusing on the development of new therapeutic treatment for rare disease and collaborative efforts between pharmaceutical companies for developing therapies for genetic disorders are expected to drive the global X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market
- Moreover, recent approval of drugs for X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) by regulatory authorities across the globe is projected to boost the growth of the market during the forecast period
- In December, 2018, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc. and Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd announced approval for Crysvita, burosumab injection by Heath Canada for the treatment of X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) in adult and pediatric patients
- In February 2018, the European Commission granted marketing authorization for Crysvita allowing the drug to be marketed in 28 countries across Europe
- In January 2019, Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd submitted an application for manufacturing and marketing approval with Japan's Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHLW) for burosumab
Pediatric Segment to Gain Market Share
- Based on age group, the global X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market can be classified into pediatric, adults, and elderly
- The pediatric segment is anticipated to gain significant share in the global X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market during the forecast period, owing to increase in prevalence of genetic disorders among children, rise in emphasis on early diagnosis & treatment of disorders among children, and significant increase in availability of therapeutic options of treatment of rare disorders among children
Hospital Pharmacies Segment to Exhibit Significant Growth
- Based on distribution channel, the global X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- The hospital pharmacies segment is anticipated to gain significant share in the global X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market during the forecast period, owing to rise in demand for pharmaceuticals and drug supplies for children
North America to Hold Major Share of Global X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market during the forecast period. Growth of the X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market in the region can be ascribed to the product approvals by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and increase in awareness about available treatment for genetic disorders.
- In April 2018, the FDA approved Crysvita for the treatment of X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) patients in the U.S.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market Report
Key Players in Global X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market
Major players operating in the global X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) market are:
- Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical
Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd
Global X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market: Research Scope
Global X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market, by Age Group
Global X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.