Osteoporosis Drugs Market
Osteoporosis Drugs Market (By Drug Class Bisphosphonates, Calcitonin, RANK Ligand Inhibitors, Parathyroid Hormone Therapy (PTH), Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERMs), Others Estrogen therapy and vitamin D and Calcium) - Global Industry Analysis, Pipeline Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends & Forecast 2019 - 2027
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global osteoporosis drugs market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, rising prevalence of osteoporosis, growing aging population which is more prone to osteoporosis, and introduction of new therapies are projected to drive the global Osteoporosis Drugs market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global osteoporosis drugs market was valued at US$ 11.5 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to contract at a CAGR of 0.3% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Osteoporosis Drugs Market?
High Incidence and prevalence of osteoporosis coupled with growth in geriatric population: Key Driver
- Rising prevalence of osteoporosis is considered an important driver of the market, as more patients would increase demand for the drugs. Moreover, due to absence of any substantial substitute, such as surgery, demand for osteoporosis drugs is increasing constantly.
- For instance, according to International Osteoporosis Foundation, Osteoporosis causes more than 8.9 million fractures annually, resulting in an osteoporotic fracture every 3 seconds and also it is estimated to affect 200 million women globally.
- Furthermore, rising geriatric population is considered an important factor for growth of the market in coming years. Individuals above 50 years of age are at the greatest risk of developing osteoporosis and related fractures due to hormonal changes.
- The number of people aged 65 years and above is projected to increase from 524 million in 2010 to approximately 1.5 billion in 2050. This high proportion of geriatric population is more prone to osteoporosis.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Patent expiry of blockbuster drugs and dynamic changes in pricing due to generics restrain market growth
- Patent expiry and loss of exclusivity are considered major restraints of the osteoporosis drugs market. As the generic equivalents of branded drugs are manufactured and marketed at 1/10th of the price of the original branded drug, loss of patent exclusivity of a branded drug results in drastic revenue reduction amounting to almost 35% - 40% in the first year.
- This low cost of generics results in higher consumption, although, generic drugs are not able to achieve or exceed the overall sales of the branded formulation.
Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market: North America Dominated the global market
- On the basis of region, the osteoporosis drugs market is segmented as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America region dominated the global market owing to the presence of large number of osteoporosis patients, world-class medical infrastructure, rising awareness about the disease and its treatment and proper utilization of technologically sound devices for diagnosis purpose.
- However, Asia-Pacific region is considered as the most promising market during the forecast period from 2014 to 2020. The growth is mainly attributed to factors such as steadily increasing incidence rate of osteoporosis, increasing medical expenditure, increased healthcare awareness towards diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and dietary habits and lack of nutritious foods.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global osteoporosis drugs market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global osteoporosis drugs market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global Osteoporosis Drugs market are
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Amgen, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Radius Health, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- UCB S.A.
- Mylan N.V.
- Apotex Inc.
Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global osteoporosis drugs market are engaged in regulatory approvals, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global osteoporosis drugs market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global Osteoporosis Drugs market are:
- On April 09, 2019, Amgen Inc. has got U.S. FDA approval for its drug EVENITY (romosozumab-aqqg) for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women at high risk for fracture.
- On August 05, 2019, Radius Health, Inc., Initiated the Phase 3 wearABLe Study of Abaloparatide-Patch in Postmenopausal Osteoporosis Patients at High Risk for Fracture.
The report on the global Osteoporosis Drugs market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of Osteoporosis Drugs. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global Osteoporosis Drugs market.
TMR’s report on the global osteoporosis drugs market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global osteoporosis drugs market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global Osteoporosis Drugs market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global Osteoporosis Drugs market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global Osteoporosis Drugs market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global osteoporosis drugs market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global osteoporosis drugs market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global Osteoporosis Drugs market. Key players operating in the global osteoporosis drugs market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global Osteoporosis Drugs market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global osteoporosis drugs market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global osteoporosis drugs market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in pipeline products on the global osteoporosis drugs market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for osteoporosis drugs providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global osteoporosis drugs market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global osteoporosis drugs market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global osteoporosis drugs market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global osteoporosis drugs market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the Osteoporosis Drugs market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the osteoporosis drugs market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global osteoporosis drugs market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global Osteoporosis Drugs market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Osteoporosis Drugs Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Osteoporosis Drugs Market – Segmentation
RANK Ligand Inhibitor
Parathyroid Hormone Therapy (PTH)
Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERMs)
Middle East & Africa