Vitamin C Deficiency Treatment Market: Introduction
- Vitamin C is also called ascorbate. This vitamin is naturally found in different types of foods and added to others. This food is added in natural dietary supplements. This water soluble vitamin is an essential nutrient required to repair tissues as well as increase enzymatic production of few neurotransmitters. It is also a part of the immune system and acts as an antioxidant. It is also needed for the functioning of several enzymes. For instance, it is crucial for children, and essential for the prevention and treatment of scurvy.
- Vitamin C is important for collagen formation. Collagen is vital for the human body; it’s one of the most important functions is to strengthen blood vessels, skin, and bones. The crucial process of iron absorption is also aided by vitamin c, precisely the non-haem iron. The total body content for vitamin C approximately ranges from 300 mg to about 2 gm. Approximately 60%–80% of vitamin C is absorbed through moderate intakes of 40-180 mg/day of daily food. Daily requirement of vitamin C is achieved through fruits and vegetables. It is also available in several synthetic forms.
Key Drivers of Global Vitamin C Deficiency Treatment Market
- Global vitamin C deficiency treatment market is expected to grow rapidly in the near future. Awareness about importance of Vitamin C and its ingredients as antioxidants, food material, and food additives have extended its application in various categories. Consumers are also looking for healthy food supplements, which include vitamin supplements. For instance, research findings from government and regulatory organizations suggest that developed countries in North America and Europe, including the U.S., Germany, and the U.K., have reported vitamin C deficiency in around 1 in 9 women and 1 in 5 men in low-income group.
- Vitamin C deficiency treatment market is expected to expand, as vitamin C is essential to heal wounds, skincare, prevent infections, reduce risk of chronic diseases, control blood pressure, and boost immunity. Diverse sources of vitamin C offers unique benefits.
- Technological developments have led to the increase in the production/quality of ascorbic acid or vitamin C products, which has offered various advantages to manufacturers
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Vitamin C Deficiency Treatment Market
- North America dominates the vitamin c deficiency treatment market due to technological advancements in food and pharmaceutical sectors and high adoption rate of products
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the most lucrative market in the near future due to developing medical infrastructure, rise in acceptance of technologically advanced surgical procedures, and increase in government initiatives
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global vitamin c deficiency treatment market is highly fragmented with major manufacturers adopting several strategies to gain maximum market share. Some companies have their presence in this market, while others have their products in the pipeline.
Some of the key players operating in the global vitamin c deficiency treatment market are:
- Biosense Webster, Inc.
- St. Jude Medical, Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- CONMED Corporation
- AngioDynamics, Inc.
- AtriCure, Inc.
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Olympus Corporation
Global Vitamin C Deficiency Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Vitamin C Deficiency Treatment Market, by Application
- General Surgery
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Global Vitamin C Deficiency Treatment Market, by Product Type
- YAG Laser Type
- CO2 Laser Type
Global Vitamin C Deficiency Treatment Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Vitamin C Deficiency Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!