Peptide Therapeutics Market
Peptide Therapeutics Market (Application - Cancer, Metabolic, CVD, Respiratory, GIT, Anti-infective, Dermatology, CNS, and Renal; Route of Administration – Parenteral and Oral; Type - Innovative and Generic; Technology - Liquid Phase, Solid Phase, and Hybrid Phase; Type of Molecule - Vasopressin, Somatostatin, Calcitonin, and Natriuretic, Immunopeptide; API Peptide Type - In-house and CMO) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global peptide therapeutics market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, high incidence & prevalence of metabolic disorders to escalate the growth of global peptide therapeutics market. moreover, advances in drug delivery and bioavailability is projected to drive the global peptide therapeutics market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global peptide therapeutics market was valued at US$ 25.0 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 7.9% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Peptide Therapeutics Market?
Rise in Focus on Research & Development and Increase in Prevalence of Chronic Diseases: Key Drivers of Global Peptide Therapeutics Market
- Sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy diet is leading to surge in prevalence & incidence of chronic diseases. For instance, according to World Health Organization (WHO), in 2016, estimated 17.9 million people died from cardiovascular diseases across the globe.
- Geriatric population is more prone for various chronic condition, surge in old age population across the globe is anticipated to drive the growth of global peptide therapeutics market. According to Global Burden of Cardiovascular Diseases 2015, the prevalence of stroke increasing above 40 years of age.
- 85 years and older, is the fastest growing population group in United States. According to Cancer Facts & Figures 2019, estimated number of older adults age 85 years and above was 6.4 million in 2016 and it is expected to reach 19.0 million by 2060. In 2019, 1,944,280 adults ages 85 and older were alive with a history of cancer
- Furthermore, rise in prevalence of cancer among population is likely fuel the growth of global peptide therapeutics market. World Health Organization states that, in 2018, estimated 9.6 million deaths and 18.1 million new cases of cancer were recorded globally.
- This is augmenting the demand for new peptide therapeutics. To address these demands, the industry players are investing in the research and development activities to develop and introduce new peptide therapeutics thereby boosting the global peptide therapeutics market.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Technological Advancements Propel Global Peptide Therapeutics Market Growth
- Technological advancements have helped to bring down the total costs involved in production of therapeutic peptides which has encouraged suppliers and manufacturers to seek newer avenues of therapeutics peptide manufacturing and also to deal with longer and complex chains of peptides
- Rise in adoption of hybrid technologies to achieve their economies of scale is likely boost the growth of global peptide therapeutics market
- Moreover, peptide therapeutics offer better efficacy and treatment outcomes with least adverse effects in comparison with conventional pharmaceutics, which is augmenting their adoption among patients and prescribers.
Expiry of Market Exclusivity and Availability of Biosimilars to Hamper Global Peptide Therapeutics Market
- Discovery and development of new therapeutics incurs high cost and takes longer time for commercialization. Many of the therapeutic peptide drugs are off patent and many blockbuster drugs are about to lose market exclusivity during the forecast period.
- Availability of generic or biosimilar peptide therapeutic drugs and projected launch of more during the forecast period is likely to hamper the valuation and growth of global peptide therapeutics market. Initiatives by governing bodies and regulatory agencies for availability of generic and biosimilars owing to their low cost is likely to have impact on global peptide therapeutics market
Production Complexity of Large Peptides Challenges Manufacturers
- Purification of long peptides has been a major challenge, with limited capacity of solid phase reactors for chemical functionalization along with swelling of the resins. Rise in modifications and addition of more unnatural amino acids has made the synthesis more complex
- However, recent advances in bioprocess & fermentation technologies for therapeutic peptide production such as modular & flexible factories and single use production systems are likely to mitigate this threat
Global Peptide Therapeutics Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global peptide therapeutics market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global peptide therapeutics market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global peptide therapeutics market are
- Amgen, Inc.
- Bachem Holding AG
- Eli Lilly and Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc,
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Peptide Therapeutics Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global peptide therapeutics market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global peptide therapeutics market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global peptide therapeutics market are:
- In September 2019, Novo Nordisk received approval for Rybelsus (semaglutide) tablets 7 mg or 14 mg for adults with type 2 diabetes from U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- In May 2017, Synergy Pharmaceuticals received U.S. Food and Drug Approval for uroguanylin derivative, TRULANCE (plecanatide), in adult patients
- In February 2016, ViiV Healthcare acquired Bristol-Myers Squibb’s late-stage HIV R&D assets and HIV portfolio of preclinical and discovery stage research assets. This transaction enhanced the company’s HIV pipeline of drugs.
The report on the global peptide therapeutics market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of peptide therapeutics. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global peptide therapeutics market.
TMR’s report on the global peptide therapeutics market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global peptide therapeutics market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global peptide therapeutics market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global peptide therapeutics market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global peptide therapeutics market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global peptide therapeutics market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global peptide therapeutics market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global peptide therapeutics market. Key players operating in the global peptide therapeutics market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global peptide therapeutics market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Peptide Therapeutics Market Report
- What is the scope of growth for product companies in the global peptide therapeutics market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global peptide therapeutics market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global peptide therapeutics market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for peptide therapeutics providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global peptide therapeutics market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global peptide therapeutics market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global peptide therapeutics market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global peptide Therapeutics Market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the peptide therapeutics market as primary methods.
These primary research respondents have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the peptide therapeutics market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global peptide therapeutics market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global peptide therapeutics more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Peptide Therapeutics Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Peptide Therapeutics Market – Segmentation
Route of Administration
Type of Molecule
API Peptide Type
Middle East & Africa