Neurological Disorder Drugs Market
Neurological Disorder Drugs Market (Disorder: Epilepsy, Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebrovascular Disease, and Others; Drug Class: Anticholinergic, Antiepileptic, Antipsychotic, Hypnotic & Sedatives, Analgesics, Antihypertensive, Anticoagulants, and Others; and Distribution Channel: Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 -2027
Press Release :
Glucose Metabolism Modification in Stressed Neurons Caters to Development of New Drugs
Brain injuries of various types and neurological diseases are one of the main causes of deaths worldwide. Hence, researchers are tapping into opportunities through glucose metabolism modification for the development of new drugs that could revolutionize the treatment of neurological disorders. For instance, Gero Discovery - a supplier of novel therapeutic options for neurodegenerative diseases, announced that they have found a potential drug that can help prevent neuronal deaths with the technique of glucose metabolism modification in stressed neurons. Thus, companies in the neurological disorder drugs market should collaborate with talented researchers to develop new drugs.
Companies in the neurological disorder drugs market are increasing animal testing and obtaining promising results for future use of drugs made with glucose metabolism modification in humans. This new technique has the potential to treat Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, and traumatic brain injuries, among others, in the market for neurological disorder drugs. As such, companies in the market for neurological disorder drugs are capitalizing on the demand for drugs used in the treatment of Alzheimer’s, since the disorder is estimated to account for the second-highest revenue in the market by 2027.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Neurological Disorder Drugs Market
Innovations in 3D CNS Organoids Revolutionize Neurological Disorder Drugs Market
The Central Nervous System (CNS) drug discovery is largely dependent on traditional approaches related to rodent models or cell-based in vitro models. This practice creates a challenge for drug manufacturers, since species differences between humans and rodents are difficult for the correlation of robust data in neurodevelopmental studies. This explains a modest ~5% CAGR of the neurological disorder drugs market. Hence, companies are advancing in the field of stem cells and 3D CNS organoids, since novel tools have close resemblance to the human brain architecture and functions.
CNS organoids provide innovative opportunities to mimic the human brain physiology and acts as a unique modeling tool for the assessment of normal versus pathological brain. CNS organoids are being highly publicized in the market for neurological disorder drugs for elucidation of mechanisms of neurological disorders. This is evident since the revenue of cerebrovascular disorders is projected to aggressively grow in the market for neurological disorder drugs.
Investors Address Need for Effective CNS Drugs as Companies Research Neuroscience
Several large-cap pharmaceutical companies are partnering with small biotech companies and academic institutes to innovate in CNS drugs, while regulatory bodies are searching for ways to address the void in effective drug development. Companies in the neurological disorder drugs market are increasing R&D in neuroscience, since the U.S. FDA approved Sage Therapeutics Inc.'s first-of-its-kind postpartum depression therapy Zulresso. With the U.S. being one of the leading countries in North America, the neurological disorder drugs market in the region is anticipated for exponential growth. Moreover, further innovations in CNS drugs, the neurological disorder drugs market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 112 Bn by the end of 2027.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
The field of neuroscience is undergoing a phase of renaissance. This is evident since the FDA stated that organization is witnessing an explosion of new scientific knowledge addressing difficult-to-treat CNS disorders. Investors in the market for neurological disorder drugs are taking note of the FDA’s shifting attitude toward tough-to-treat CNS disorders.
Activating Wild Type GCase Holds Promising Potential for Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease
Companies in the neurological disorder drugs market are adopting new therapeutic approaches for the treatment of the Parkinson’s disease. They are increasing research to understand genetic risk factors associated with the disease for improved drug development. Hence, alterations in the GBA1 gene is emerging as a promising approach for drug development. However, mutations in the gene may result in defects of GCase (glucocerebrosidase) enzymes. Hence, companies in the neurological disorder drugs market are focusing on activating wild type GCase for the development of new drug compounds that can be used in the treatment of Parkinson’s.
The market for neurological disorder drugs is undergoing a change with increased experiments associated with the activation of wild type GCase, resulting in therapeutic benefits among patients.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Antiepileptic and anticholinergic drugs are projected to witness exponential growth in demand in the neurological disorder drugs market. Since big pharmaceutical companies are exiting the neurology space, small biotech companies are stepping up to introduce new neurology drugs. However, clinical trials in neuroscience are expensive to run and the success rate is much lower than that of other disease indications. Hence, companies should identify new genes that lead to new pathways in drug delivery for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Apart from North America, companies should invest in Asia Pacific since the region is projected for exponential growth during the forecast period. Influx of money flow in the field of CNS is one of the key drivers contributing to market growth.
Neurological Disorder Drugs Market: Overview
- Neurological disorder drugs can be used for various diseases such as epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, cerebrovascular diseases, and others
- Around 450 different medications are available for the treatment of neurologic disorders. The epilepsy segment dominated the global neurological disorder drugs market in 2018. Growth of the segment can be attributed to increase in demand for the treatment of cerebrovascular diseases such as stroke.
Neurological Disorder Drugs Market Drivers
- Increase in the geriatric population leads to manifestation of various neurology disorders, which, in turn, fuels the global market. Cerebrovascular diseases such as stroke and migraine are high in countries such as Germany, the U.K., and Italy in all age groups. France, Sweden, Greece, Denmark, and Russia have high incidence rate of cerebrovascular diseases in people aged between 45 and 84. A study published in NCBI in 2018 indicated that prevalence of stroke was 7.67% among adults aged 65 years and above in Singapore.
Rise in Research & Development Programs
- Demand for neurological disorder drugs and competition between key players is increasing. Market players focus on molecule growth, with key technological improvements in drugs in order to fulfil customer demand.
- In March 2019, the U.S. FDA approved Novartis AG’s Mayzent for the treatment of adults with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis, including SPMS with active disease, relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS), and clinically isolated syndrome (CIS)
Market Segmentation: Neurological Disorder Drugs Market
- Based on disorder, the global neurological disorder drugs market has been divided into epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, cerebrovascular diseases, and others
- In terms of drug class, the global neurological disorder drugs market has been classified into anticholinergic, antiepileptic, antipsychotic, hypnotic & sedative, analgesics, antihypertensive, anticoagulants, and others
- Based on distribution channel, the global neurological disorder drugs market has been categorized into retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends & developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The report provides current and future revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments for the period from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2019 to 2027, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Neurological Disorder Drugs Market
- In terms of region, the global neurological disorder drugs market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- The current and future market sizes in terms of revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report for the period from 2017 to 2027, along with their CAGRs for the period from 2019 to 2027
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the market, which will help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market shares, and help in the decision-making process
Major Players in Neurological Disorder Drugs Market
- The report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the market
- Leading players analyzed in the report are
- Novartis AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Bayer AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Amgen, Inc.
- UCB S.A.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Each of these players has been profiled in the report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Neurological Disorder Drugs Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global neurological disorder drugs market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the revenue of the global neurological disorder drugs market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global neurological disorder drugs market from 2019 to 2027.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global neurological disorder drugs market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the global neurological disorder drugs market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global neurological disorder drugs market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global neurological disorder drugs market.
The report also delves into the competitive landscape of the global neurological disorder drugs market. Key players operating in the global neurological disorder drugs market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are attributes of players in the global neurological disorder drugs market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Neurological Disorder Drugs Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by neurological disorder drugs across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global neurological disorder drugs market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the global market?
- Which region is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which disorder segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2027? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Neurological Disorder Drugs Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global neurological disorder drugs market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that have been appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global neurological disorder drugs market in terms of disorder, drug class, distribution channel, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2027 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders to make informed business decisions for investment in the global neurological disorder drugs market.
Neurological Disorder Drugs Market - Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global neurological disorder drugs market includes information divided into five segments: disorder, drug class, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global neurological disorder drugs market have been discussed in detail.
Hypnotic & Sedatives
Middle East & Africa